stocks-fall-nearly-450 points

Bonds are in a massive, massive bubble. Rushing into them just makes the bubble bigger. That is not a good thing.

Ehhh...business as usual. Anyone else looking at the admittedly esoteric 3-D printing technology start-ups that'd produce artificial body parts? Human body parts. Brand new technology. Ground floor. Could be huge.
Well, you have to wait and see who washes out. Your ground floor could vanish and then it's Wile E Coyote suspended in midair time.

Be careful.

You know, if you are too slow rushing into bonds, you could get burned just as badly than if you did nothing at all. You have to be quick getting in, and even quicker getting out. And there are players in there who have the inside track. They will beat you every time.

Every time.

Oil Prices are officially in a Bear Market. Mostly during the Obama Administration, the United States has been ramping up production, some say to even Saudi levels. So leading the downturn has been the energy / gasoline level industries.

In the face of what people can regard as the Democratic Tax Cut--lower prices at the convenience stores(?), for some of that stuff--then probably the most happy places on earth no longer have names with "Disney" in them. "Sears" comes to mind. "Penny's" comes to mind. "Macy's" and "Bloomingdales," even come to mind. Even "Tiffany's" and "Saks" may soon come to mind!

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred'
(Many noted that even in California, there has again appeared some rain!)

Why would there be a lack of liquidity? Is the report saying there just weren't any buyers at the price sellers were asking for specific stocks? This morning, cnbc was attributing the drop to slower growth in Europe and recent retail sales and PPI in the US.
I would be very careful about believing anything you hear on CNBC.

LOL, it's the best news channel by far. You just can't hear news without your beloved liberal spin

Why would there be a lack of liquidity? Is the report saying there just weren't any buyers at the price sellers were asking for specific stocks? This morning, cnbc was attributing the drop to slower growth in Europe and recent retail sales and PPI in the US.

LOL, it's the best news channel by far. You just can't hear news without your beloved liberal spin
You assume I watch liberal news channels. This is quite hilarious. I don't know of any 24 hour "news" channel that is not a propaganda arm of one party or the other.

CNBC was cheering the derivatives bubble, right up until it burst. Then they principally blamed borrowers for the crash.

Well the spinmeisters pushing one investment or another, or sector or another, are all snake oil sellers. But, imo, the general analysis of what investor sentiment is leading to a particular market behavior ON A DAILY BASIS is generally as accurate as any other. But as to specific investment advise, a ojeda board would at least be unbiased.

Well the spinmeisters pushing one investment or another, or sector or another, are all snake oil sellers. But, imo, the general analysis of what investor sentiment is leading to a particular market behavior ON A DAILY BASIS is generally as accurate as any other. But as to specific investment advise, a ojeda board would at least be unbiased.
That whole "on a daily basis" thing is erroneous, too. When the "analysts" are telling you why the market went up or down on any given day, they are GUESSING.

I shit you not.

You assume I watch liberal news channels. This is quite hilarious. I don't know of any 24 hour "news" channel that is not a propaganda arm of one party or the other.

CNBC was cheering the derivatives bubble, right up until it burst. Then they principally blamed borrowers for the crash.

You sure parrot the liberal talking heads and their hatred of capitalism. And no CNBC didn't, you're an idiot who is pulling this out of your ass. I watch CNBC all the time, it's the only news channel I regularly watch. What you said is just liberal propaganda and bigotry against capitalism, it has nothing to do with what we actually think.

You sure parrot the liberal talking heads and their hatred of capitalism. And no CNBC didn't, you're an idiot who is pulling this out of your ass.

Listen to the CNBC staff and people behind him on the floor cheering as Santelli whales on borrowers, dipshit:

CNBC Editor Santelli's rant against borrowers (who he calls "the losers") has been credited as the founding of the Tea Party movement.

When an editor takes a public political stand, then all objectiveness is out the window.

So don't kid yourself CNBC is some kind of non-partisan media outlet. Therefore, drink their piss with caution.

Last edited:

CNBC is business reporting. If they were pushing investments, their ratings will collapse. You just assume that business people are as bigoted as you are. CNBC is great because they tell us the news from the perspective of the market.

Liberals are so completely fucking arrogant. You have no problem telling me that which I watch all the time and you never do. You're a sock puppet with a liberal politicians hand going through your ass to controlling your brain.

You sure parrot the liberal talking heads and their hatred of capitalism. And no CNBC didn't, you're an idiot who is pulling this out of your ass.

Listen to the CNBC staff and people behind him on the floor cheering as Santelli whales on borrowers, dipshit:

Wow, capitalists are against soclialism. You're onto something there. I'm not sure what, but neither are you.

That whole "on a daily basis" thing is erroneous, too. When the "analysts" are telling you why the market went up or down on any given day, they are GUESSING.

I shit you not.

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. The market moves according to many reasons. They are telling you one of or the largest news item for the day that influenced stocks. What is your point exactly? Why would anyone be able to tell you all the reasons the entire market moved over a period of time?

Money isn't based on anything real so neither is the stock market. 450 points is imaginary. Just like your savings. Always amuses me when people talk about planning for their retirement. How about htis for a plan, put your money anywhere overseas whose economy is based on physical reality, not wishful thinking.

That's ridiculous, you have no idea what you are talking about. I'm a strong believer in the gold standard, but to say money isn't based on anything without it is preposterous. It's based on the ability of future taxpayers to pay it back, which is based on the future value of our economy. The problem with not having a gold standard is that it's easy then for politicians to steal. They just print more money. But to say it's not based on anything is just ignorance.

Wow, g5, I thought you were a stock market expert. The ebola scare is causing panic, dumbass. That includes the stock market.

You know, if you are too slow rushing into bonds, you could get burned just as badly than if you did nothing at all. You have to be quick getting in, and even quicker getting out. And there are players in there who have the inside track. They will beat you every time.

Every time.

I've got a good friend in California, a very bright computer science/sotware PhD who's currently CTO for a start-up software product that's specifically targeted at municipal bond traders. It has immense information gathering capability but you still have to do the grunt work: collating. Too many people (including professional traders) think there's a magic bullet out there that'll exempt them from the brain work. Well if there is, I haven't discovered it in my 64 years. Investing is hard work. So much for Father Tom's sermon. Anyway, if you trade bonds and you'd like to give it a free 30-day test drive, PM me, I'll put you in touch.

All the news outlets are rushing out to tell people, "stay calm, there's no ebola panic and there's no stock market panic."

I'm all for calming fears but people are lying out their teeths.

Forum List

Back