stocks-fall-nearly-450 points

Discounting a Republican victory in November.

When no one listens to you blame republicans of the passed for the mess we currently have under Democrat rule, blame the possibility of Republicans in the future.

It's amazing how you can't see how mind blowingly owned by the propaganda you have become. You are a stunning example of an individual that can't think in this time period.

Why would there be a lack of liquidity? Is the report saying there just weren't any buyers at the price sellers were asking for specific stocks? This morning, cnbc was attributing the drop to slower growth in Europe and recent retail sales and PPI in the US.
I would be very careful about believing anything you hear on CNBC.

LOL, it's the best news channel by far. You just can't hear news without your beloved liberal spin
Well the spinmeisters pushing one investment or another, or sector or another, are all snake oil sellers. But, imo, the general analysis of what investor sentiment is leading to a particular market behavior ON A DAILY BASIS is generally as accurate as any other. But as to specific investment advise, a ojeda board would at least be unbiased.

CNBC is business reporting. If they were pushing investments, their ratings will collapse. You just assume that business people are as bigoted as you are. CNBC is great because they tell us the news from the perspective of the market.

Liberals are so completely fucking arrogant. You have no problem telling me that which I watch all the time and you never do. You're a sock puppet with a liberal politicians hand going through your ass to controlling your brain.

I like Bloomberg better for a few different reasons. CNBC brings in the same handful of people who say the same things or equivocate. I think B is better at letting folks know actual news about businesses themselves. I also like that they bring in so many people to interview which sometimes will cause me to look at things I normally would not be looking at.

I like Bloomberg better for a few different reasons. CNBC brings in the same handful of people who say the same things or equivocate. I think B is better at letting folks know actual news about businesses themselves. I also like that they bring in so many people to interview which sometimes will cause me to look at things I normally would not be looking at.

Fair point. Keep in mind I'm following the market while I watch it. Usually I am watching it in the background while I'm doing something else. CNBC is a different focus than Bloomberg. They do bring in a lot of market drivers as well. I do like Bloomberg generally, but they piss me off sometimes as well. They have more of an agenda than CNBC. The only show I watch on CNBC when the market is not open is Kudlow. Squawk Box is my favorite. I miss Mark Haines though, he was the best.

I have CNBC on more than anything. I don't like the new format though. Ratings have collapsed and I think they're trying to downplay the stock market.

Sad to hear. I watched it a lot more when I was in Management and Management Consulting and I was on the road all the time. I don't get to watch it much now that I'm staying home and running my own business.

All the business news channels' ratings are down. Bloomberg has talked about ending TV altogether.

It's been a funny thing. As the market has gone higher, ratings have fallen. I think that's reflective of so many people getting blown out at the bottom in 08/09, then watching it rise without them.

All the business news channels' ratings are down. Bloomberg has talked about ending TV altogether.

It's been a funny thing. As the market has gone higher, ratings have fallen. I think that's reflective of so many people getting blown out at the bottom in 08/09, then watching it rise without them.
makes sense to me. I plan heavy selling when the reentry happens.

500indexscarydoublekissoct231-675x314.jpg

Careful the S P 500 faces Herman Munster sized resistance test Tumblr Photoset - Yahoo Finance

Hope you're feeling rested because this is the biggest day of the year, at least so far. That's because we've got a confluence of technicals, fundamentals and for want of a better term, "collective mojo" coming to a head in the next eight hours. Can stocks really pull off a third "V" bottom in one year? How's the consumer? Does Ebola matter? Is oil good or bad for shipping? Is anyone, anywhere using Surface tablets as anything other than 3lb paperweights?

We know where the market is technically. The S&P 500 (^GSPC) pulled back yesterday just like it was supposed to. Since last Thursday the S&P 500 has gone up more than 100 points. That's a lot, even in the most V-bottom friendly tape I can remember. Stocks "want" to rally if only because no fund manager can afford to miss a fourth enormous trade in one year. In a vacuum traders would buy the dip. Today is not a vacuum. It's a clutter-filled hell chamber of earnings reports.

Strong Earnings from GM CAT driving stocks higher as biggest day of 14 gets underway - Yahoo Finance

And that surprises you how exactly? Every economist in the world has been predicting this for the last 2-3 years.
Every economist in the world has been predicting that there would be day to day fluctuations in the stock market?

You've got your finger on the pulse of the economy man, nice insight.

Money isn't based on anything real so neither is the stock market. 450 points is imaginary. Just like your savings. Always amuses me when people talk about planning for their retirement. How about htis for a plan, put your money anywhere overseas whose economy is based on physical reality, not wishful thinking.
So have you actually done this? Exactly how have you "put your money overseas" I'd be curious which country (or countries) is your investment target of choice with a completely different monetary system.

To be honest you sound like one of those people who makes posts like this about alternate methods of how money should be managed, but doesn't actually have shit to invest so is talking completely out of their ass with no personal experience in implementing any of the shit they are talking about.

So let's hear it, how have you put your money overseas?

Sounds like a great plan, sucks you missed out on taking advantage of one of the greatest bull markets in history while waiting your perfect time to throw all your money at single commodity. Hopefully you at least got a toaster for opening the account.

Sounds like a great plan, sucks you missed out on taking advantage of one of the greatest bull markets in history while waiting your perfect time to throw all your money at single commodity. Hopefully you at least got a toaster for opening the account.

While my money is safe in gold getting 3-5 times the original value you will be losing 30-100% of your portfolio with what is coming our way, and considering my yearly income exceeds 1 million a year count me in the group that doesn't give a shit.

As part of a balanced portfolio Gold is a decent pick. Right now, I'm in a highly defensive stance based primarily on non-US economic data. But GLD vs. the FTSE 100 is a good position as long as the dollar keeps strengthening and lightyears ahead of the ASX.

Forum List

Back