Stockpiling Ammo

I'd like to get my stockpile of .223/5.56mm and .308NATO up to 1,000 rounds. But that is mainly because we have more than one gun in those calibers. Probably still excessive.

Mind my business? Hey numbnuts, I didn't tell you how much ammo to stockpile. Do what you want.

Although I seem to recall you talking about being broke, so stockpiling guns and ammo is probably beyond your means.
Yea so mind your business.. thanks

I was minding my own business. How about you mind yours? If you don't like the thread, keep moving.
Delete your thread then .. keep your nose out our biz

Awwww, did I trigger you? Do you need a safe space?

Look junior, if you don't like the thread don't post in it. Nobody is paying any attention to your business.
I will when you mind your business old man

The thread is up and staying up. So either deal with it or......actually, your only option is to deal with it.

Once again, no one is minding your business. No one cares.

I've been thinking about getting some 9mm, but damn, if you want anything different the price more than doubles!

It ain't cheap. Even .22 ammo has gone way up.

What?! When was this? It was down to normal a few months ago.

I guess I am just reminiscing about paying 1/2 to 1 penny a shot back in the "good ol' days". I haven't bought much .22 in a while. I've been going thru my 2 bricks of ammo on most shooting trips. And I bought that several years ago.

I've been thinking about getting some 9mm, but damn, if you want anything different the price more than doubles!

I guess I am just reminiscing about paying 1/2 to 1 penny a shot back in the "good ol' days". I haven't bought much .22 in a while. I've been going thru my 2 bricks of ammo on most shooting trips. And I bought that several years ago.

It's back to normal now, several years ago the price was jacked!

Mind my business? Hey numbnuts, I didn't tell you how much ammo to stockpile. Do what you want.

Although I seem to recall you talking about being broke, so stockpiling guns and ammo is probably beyond your means.

I was minding my own business. How about you mind yours? If you don't like the thread, keep moving.

Look junior, if you don't like the thread don't post in it. Nobody is paying any attention to your business.

And exactly how, in your delusional mind, do you see me not minding my business?

When you could find it. I remember going into a Bass Pro and a local gun shop and the .22 shelves were bare.

And exactly how, in your delusional mind, do you see me not minding my business?

Jitss, first you repeatedly accuse me of not minding my own business. Then, when I ask exactly how am I not minding my own business, you find it funny. I find it pretty funny that you can't answer a simple question. Not surprising, but still funny.

This guys wrong on so many counts I dont even know where to start.
He talks in absolutes and tries to compare the wild west to a modern day SHTF scenario.
People didnt live in cities by the millions that totally rely on outside sources for their survival.
Back then you could survive off the land and many people did just that.
Small arms cant go against the military?
Afghanistan and Vietnam says different,IED's,blowing bridges and railways,there are endless ways to stop the flow of supplies to a modern military. Besides,Americans are very unlikely to face a military force of a foreign nation,and the idea that American forces are going to shoot their friends,family and neighbors is complete bullshit.

He talks in absolutes and tries to compare the wild west to a modern day SHTF scenario.
People didnt live in cities by the millions that totally rely on outside sources for their survival.
Afghanistan and Vietnam says different,IED's,blowing bridges and railways,there are endless ways to stop the flow of supplies to a modern military. Besides,Americans are very unlikely to face a military force of a foreign nation,and the idea that American forces are going to shoot their friends,family and neighbors is complete bullshit.

Yer gonna get a beatin.

HA!

I found this video on YouTube. Looks like solid info. I'll still keep my own stockpiles, but the idea that you need tens of thousands of rounds might be nonsense.

James reloads for our guns. He tried to teach me how to do it, but I'm way too smart for that. It's a dreadfully boring process he can keep to himself.

He's a lil OCD so I think we have more ammo than a beach has particles of sand.

He bought me an old bubble gum machine at an auction. I filled it with 9mm. :)

I'd like to get my stockpile of .223/5.56mm and .308NATO up to 1,000 rounds. But that is mainly because we have more than one gun in those calibers. Probably still excessive.
Yes turn it all in you don't need more than a box of shells.

Yer gonna get a beatin.

HA!

Probably not. Small guerilla tactics work great against a superior force. Unless you expect armed civilians to meet the foreign forces in pitched battles.

A quick Google search showed that there are 12.7 million hunters in the US. If half of them hunt some sort of bigger game, that puts over 6 million snipers in the field.

When you could find it. I remember going into a Bass Pro and a local gun shop and the .22 shelves were bare.

Same out here and Walmart people would learn the schedule so when they'd get their delivery it'd be gone in a couple hours by me. I've got a decent stock, mostly by what I shoot most often. 22 and 5.56. Then some 7mm mags for the hunting rifle, and 9mm/40's for the handguns.

I learned back in the "good old days" that those cheap Thundercraps shoot badly. It pays to get slightly better .22 ammo.

Yer gonna get a beatin.

HA!

Probably not. Small guerilla tactics work great against a superior force. Unless you expect armed civilians to meet the foreign forces in pitched battles.

A quick Google search showed that there are 12.7 million hunters in the US. If half of them hunt some sort of bigger game, that puts over 6 million snipers in the field.

I guess if you want to lose a LOT of lives for a cause.

Give or take 1 million north vietnamese lives lost to less than 60k for the US. 100k or so in Afghanistan to 2500 US in OEF. Bosnia was a few thousand vs. a few dozen. Haiti we lost 1, and they lost a couple hundred. Kosovo we lost 2, they lost 1800. Pakistan 15 vs. 30k. Grenada 19 vs. 115..

I think what you see again and again is the "great" return is that if you can keep replenishing your ranks and live with being killed off at a 10-1 to 40-1 rate, maybe the US will grow tired of killing you in MUCH greater numbers. And remember most of those places... life is a LOT harder than the US. It's not wearing realtree camo to walmart because you think it looks cool. It's hardened people, used to living off the land, growing up in war.

Now I don't see a reason for that to ever happen, but if you have 12.7 million hunters, maybe some are snipers. The overwhelming majority of them are hunters though and have ZERO training in military small arms tactics. Just cause you wear hunt deer and put 100 rounds a weekend through your rifle and sit up in a deer stand a few times a year doesn't mean you are a sniper.

Last edited:

Yer gonna get a beatin.

HA!

Give or take 1 million north vietnamese lives lost to less than 60k for the US. 100k or so in Afghanistan to 2500 US in OEF. Bosnia was a few thousand vs. a few dozen. Haiti we lost 1, and they lost a couple hundred. Kosovo we lost 2, they lost 1800. Pakistan 15 vs. 30k. Grenada 19 vs. 115..

I think what you see again and again is the "great" return is that if you can keep replenishing your ranks and live with being killed off at a 10-1 to 40-1 rate, maybe the US will grow tired of killing you in MUCH greater numbers. And remember most of those places... life is a LOT harder than the US. It's not wearing realtree camo to walmart because you think it looks cool. It's hardened people, used to living off the land, growing up in war.

Now I don't see a reason for that to ever happen, but if you have 12.7 million hunters, maybe some are snipers. The overwhelming majority of them are hunters though and have ZERO training in military small arms tactics. Just cause you wear hunt deer and put 100 rounds a weekend through your rifle and sit up in a deer stand a few times a year doesn't mean you are a sniper.

Not a trained military sniper. But someone who has spent considerable time concealing themselves from wild animals and is (or should be) capable of making one kill shots out to 250+ yards. No threat to Carlos Hathcock's records, but serviceable nonetheless.

Yer gonna get a beatin.

HA!

I've seen guys shoot a deer fly @ 200 yards with an HMR. I hate deer flies! :mad:

Last edited:

Yer gonna get a beatin.

HA!

Not a trained military sniper. But someone who has spent considerable time concealing themselves from wild animals and is (or should be) capable of making one kill shots out to 250+ yards. No threat to Carlos Hathcock's records, but serviceable nonetheless.

Vs. a deer? Maybe, but I doubt many have hunted anything past 100 yards. Also deer don't wear body armor and do the Baghdad shuffle. or shoot back (usually first).

Like I said, I don't think there'd ever be a reason, but if for some reason a group of people decided to fight the US military, their only chance would be throwing people away and hoping for a war of attrition.

Forum List

Back