Stockpiling Ammo

WinterBorn

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2011
Atlanta
I found this video on YouTube. Looks like solid info. I'll still keep my own stockpiles, but the idea that you need tens of thousands of rounds might be nonsense.

I recently bought a 1000 round case of 9 x 19mm.

I also have a spam can of x39mm that's lasted awhile.

I can burn thru some ammo when I am at the range often. But I wouldn't be doing that in a SHTF scenario.

And I really like the video shooting down the "Ammo as Barter" part. That never made sense to me.

Naturally renewable arrows? This guy's out of his ever-lovin' mind!
I ruined an arrow and almost cried! Yeah, I shot my steel spinner target with it. In hindsight, that was a very stupid idea.:tomato: It was a target tip and it crushed the shaft right behind it. :crying:

Last edited:
I recently bought a 1000 round case of 9 x 19mm.

I also have a spam can of x39mm that's lasted awhile.

I can burn thru some ammo when I am at the range often. But I wouldn't be doing that in a SHTF scenario.

And I really like the video shooting down the "Ammo as Barter" part. That never made sense to me.
Yeah, the 9mm will likely be gone in a while, the 75B and 92S always end up going to the range.

And I'm thinking of getting another spam can for the AK and SKS and locking that away for an emergency.

I found this video on YouTube. Looks like solid info. I'll still keep my own stockpiles, but the idea that you need tens of thousands of rounds might be nonsense.

I've reloaded two spectrums of general ammo for years. One spectrum is for plinking and maintaining skill and weapon familiarity, the other is for fine tuning custom and wildcat rounds for hunting and special purposes. In a real life SHTF or disaster/survival situation my primary objective is to possess enough ammo to acquire more ammunition, if that makes sense. I've got a map in my head of waypoints in specific order just to accomplish that. Factoring in competition for food, gas and other basic necessities and others in my area who might have similar plans, the number of rounds required to do that varies.

Mind your business

Mind my business? Hey numbnuts, I didn't tell you how much ammo to stockpile. Do what you want.

Although I seem to recall you talking about being broke, so stockpiling guns and ammo is probably beyond your means.

I ruined an arrow and almost cried! Yeah, I shot my steel spinner target with it. In hindsight, that was a very stupid idea.:tomato: It was a target tip and it crushed the shaft right behind it. :crying:

Kind of like every time I bend up a fishing arrowhead missing a carp and hitting a rock on the bottom . . .

Mind your business

Mind my business? Hey numbnuts, I didn't tell you how much ammo to stockpile. Do what you want.

Although I seem to recall you talking about being broke, so stockpiling guns and ammo is probably beyond your means.

Yea so mind your business.. thanks

Kind of like every time I bend up a fishing arrowhead missing a carp and hitting a rock on the bottom . . .
Exactly like that. :(

Mind your business

I was minding my own business. How about you mind yours? If you don't like the thread, keep moving.

Mind your business

I was minding my own business. How about you mind yours? If you don't like the thread, keep moving.

Delete your thread then .. keep your nose out our biz

I think what he meant was that most arrows can be recovered. Yeah, some will be screwed up and some lost. But hit or miss, ammo is expending, at the very least, powder & primers.

I've been thinking about getting some 9mm, but damn, if you want anything different the price more than doubles!

Mind your business

Awwww, did I trigger you? Do you need a safe space?

Look junior, if you don't like the thread don't post in it. Nobody is paying any attention to your business.

I think what he meant was that most arrows can be recovered. Yeah, some will be screwed up and some lost. But hit or miss, ammo is expending, at the very least, powder & primers.

I bet he hasn't done much arrow shooting. It doesn't work like that, and arrows are expensive. I think I had it worked out to where they're around $13 apiece.

Mind your business

Awwww, did I trigger you? Do you need a safe space?

Look junior, if you don't like the thread don't post in it. Nobody is paying any attention to your business.
I will when you mind your business old man

Forum List

Back