stimulus 2 dead ? (before election)

any chance of stimulus deal before election ?

Probably not. And, while Trump says he wants to have a stimulus go through (looking to buy votes), chances are, it won't happen. Like everything else Trump promises, this is just lip service.

Remember when we were told that if a person wanted a test, they could get one? Still not all that easy to do. Remember that we were told a vaccine would be available "soon"? That still hasn't happened yet either. Sorry, but I think this is just more snake oil that Trump is selling in his attempt to get votes, but it ain't gonna happen.

What's even worse, is on occasion he's said that if he's reelected, he will get a stimulus through (meaning he knows that the timeline is too short to make it happen before the election), as well as kinda sounds like he's holding the stimulus hostage so that he can get votes.

Probably not. And, while Trump says he wants to have a stimulus go through (looking to buy votes), chances are, it won't happen. Like everything else Trump promises, this is just lip service.

Remember when we were told that if a person wanted a test, they could get one? Still not all that easy to do. Remember that we were told a vaccine would be available "soon"? That still hasn't happened yet either. Sorry, but I think this is just more snake oil that Trump is selling in his attempt to get votes, but it ain't gonna happen.

What's even worse, is on occasion he's said that if he's reelected, he will get a stimulus through (meaning he knows that the timeline is too short to make it happen before the election), as well as kinda sounds like he's holding the stimulus hostage so that he can get votes.
Go drink antifreeze. Thanks.

McConnell backed off last week's promise to his caucus that he wouldn't even allow a vote on 1.8 trillion. Now he apparently will. But Muchkin and Pelosi still don't agree on aid to states and UI. If they reach a deal tomorrow (don't hold your breath) McConnell now wants to for dems to all vote for it, and then it'd still need 13 gopers to get to 60.

I'm honestly not sure. The Fed and even wall Street is saying we have to have more direct aid to increase consumer spending. The gop is focused on sending money to small biz owners, whose employees long ago chose to be fired to get UI. The biz owners aren't going to reopen now if they closed in march. If we're gonna go further in debt, the money has to go to people who will spend it … the laid off guys.

Given McConnell and McCarthy and their tax cuts … I'd wait for Biden … but the fed warns we may be in a three year recession by then. )-:

Last edited:

I look at it this way, if Trump can't get a deal done, it hurts Trump because he can't work across the aisle and I think the middle of the road voters are tired of the bickering and BS by both sides however neither side giving in, at this time hurts Trump, otherwise Pelosi would bargain with him.

Pelosi is waiting until the stuff the ballot boxes and steal the election so that she can give credit to Joe Raping China Joe Biden.

Then suddenly the scamdemic will end.

A lot of the money in 1st stimulus went to folks like me that didn't really need it. My charities are happy. Perhaps my mail carrier is not, with all the new solicitations for donations I'm getting in the mail these days. Hopefully after the election a plan could be put together to benefit those with a true need rather than a give-away aimed at buying votes and patting themselves on the back.

It probably won't happen and that's good for Biden.

Trump offered $1.8 trillion to the Dems and they want $2.2 trillion more.

Take it or leave it.
I don't care what democrats wants or don't want...trump has to go we need get to back the old boring politics without shit show trump puts every single minute. I don't care if they put Pence or Mcconelle even we need to shut down this volcano that trump created and go back to where we were before the country is set ablaze.

Take it or leave it.
I don't care what democrats wants or don't want...trump has to go we need get to back the old boring politics without shit show trump puts every single minute. I don't care if they put Pence or Mcconelle even we need to shut down this volcano that trump created and go back to where we were before the country is set ablaze.

Has is ever occurred to you that it isn't Donald Trump or Republicans who are burning down your country?

Take it or leave it.

Has is ever occurred to you that it isn't Donald Trump or Republicans who are burning down your country?
by flaming the hatred, the rhetoric, the bullying, he is very toxic he really needs to go.

Take it or leave it.

by flaming the hatred, the rhetoric, the bullying, he is very toxic he really needs to go.

Apparently you've never watched a Trump rally. We're not "hating" anyone, but we sure as hell are laughing at you people.

Take it or leave it.

Apparently you've never watched a Trump rally. We're not "hating" anyone, but we sure as hell are laughing at you people.
many interviews trump cultists voice their racism, bigotry.....not all trump supporters are racists but most racists are trump supporters.
Even trump knows his base is racist and he feeds on that.

Take it or leave it.

many interviews trump cultists voice their racism, bigotry.....not all trump supporters are racists but most racists are trump supporters.
Even trump knows his base is racist and he feeds on that.

Believe whatever you want to, but don't expect anyone else to believe that load of bullshit you're shoveling.

Forum List

Back