Stimulating Hypocrisy: Scores of Recovery Act Opponents Sought Money Out of Public Vi

beowolfe

Aug 3, 2009
Rep. Pete Sessions, the firebrand conservative from Dallas, Texas, has relentlessly assailed the Democratic-passed stimulus law as a wasteful "trillion dollar spending spree" that was "more about stimulating the government and rewarding political allies than growing the economy and creating jobs."

But that didn’t stop the Republican lawmaker from reaching his hand out behind the scenes to seek stimulus money for the suburb of Carrollton after the camera lights went dark and the GOP campaign against the 2009 stimulus law quieted down.

The affluent city’s rail project is “shovel-ready,” Sessions wrote Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood in February, urging his cabinet agency to give “full and fair consideration” to the city’s request for $81 million in stimulus money, according to a copy of the letter obtained by the Center for Public Integrity. Ironically, his letter suggested the project would create jobs, undercutting the very public argument he has made against the stimulus.

Scores of Republicans and conservative Democrats who voted against the $787 billion American Recovery and Reinvestment Act subsequently wrote letters requesting funds for projects in a massive, behind-the-scenes letter-writing and phone call campaign, documents obtained by the Center show.

Wake up wingnuts!! In the words of Malcolm X, "you've been misled, you've been had, you've been took.

I'll play,

He's not an actual conservative and should be replaced by a fiscal conservative asap.

He should have found another way to spend my money. I don't give a dead rats ass what happens in Texas, as long as they don't spend money from my pocket.

Those asking for money include Tea Party favorites like freshman Massachusetts Sen. Scott Brown and Rep. Michele Bachmann, R-Minn., former presidential candidates Ron Paul and John McCain and Republican congressional leaders like Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky and Rep. Mike Pence of Indiana.

Even the Tea Baggers lied to you. They were publically castigating the stimulus while quietly trying to get projects in their states funded. If the stimulus was not going to work, why were they grabbing at the dollars?? Hello WINGNUTS!!! What do you have to say about that?

I'll play,

He's not an actual conservative and should be replaced by a fiscal conservative asap.

He should have found another way to spend my money. I don't give a dead rats ass what happens in Texas, as long as they don't spend money from my pocket.

Is Mitch McConnell not a conservative? Is Michelle Bachman? What about Ron Paul? Those on the far right have been played. And they can't bring themselves to admit that they were played. These people have convinced you that Obama and his policies are the worst thing since Britain invade the us in 1812. While at the same time, they were lining up to help their states benefit from those same policies.

YOU'VE BEEN PLAYED!!

I'll play,

Is Mitch McConnell not a conservative? Is Michelle Bachman? What about Ron Paul? Those on the far right have been played. And they can't bring themselves to admit that they were played. These people have convinced you that Obama and his policies are the worst thing since Britain invade the us in 1812. While at the same time, they were lining up to help their states benefit from those same policies.

YOU'VE BEEN PLAYED!!

Ok, I get you now.

We get taxed, then the states get some of it back to do things in their states. Fyi, this has gone on for a very very long time. But now obama calls it all stimulous money, so everyone looks like they are taking stimulous money.

Oh, I got played, by you. My first reaction was to be against, totally against it, but then you had to pile shit on. I see your game. If any state gets any money that has a conservative in it is playing us all.

What will you do when the money actually is cut off? When the states have to fend for themsleves? Welfare cuts, transportation cuts, on and on. Is your state ready to handle it's waste? I know many would crash, it the bottle was taken away.

Here is a list of all of the 'conservatives' who played those of you on the far right.

Alamaba - Sessions
Alaska - Murkowski
Arizona - McCain
Arkansas - Pryor
California - Mack, Calvert, McCarthy, Bilbray, Calvert, Dreier, Herger, Lewis, Lungren, McClintock, McKeon, Miller, and Rohrabacher
Colorado - Coffman
Connecticutt - Liberman
Delaware - Castle
Florida - Crenshaw, Putnam, Rooney, Bilirakis, Diaz-Balart (Lincoln and Mario), LeMieux, Mack, Mica, Miller, Stearns, Rooney, and Young
Georgia - Chambliss, Deal, Isakson, Kingston, Linder, Westmoreland, and Gingrey
Hawaii - (Conservative Dems)
Idaho - Crapo, Risch, and Simpson
Illinois - Roskam, Kirk, and Schock

And that's just through Illinois. Go here to see your state's hypocritical republicans.

Stimulus Haters Quietly Sought Money : It's All Politics : NPR

Hey, wingnuts and Tea Baggers!!! What? No comments? You all are not known for silence. What's up?

Big deal. Babs boxer doesn't vote for any military appropriations, but she is not closing the numerous military bases and defense contractors in California.

And she doesn't run around screaming the approriations didn't work, does she? You guys just can't admit that these GOP congresspeople played you for suckers and you bit.

I'll play,

YOU'VE BEEN PLAYED!!

Ok, I get you now.

We get taxed, then the states get some of it back to do things in their states. Fyi, this has gone on for a very very long time. But now obama calls it all stimulous money, so everyone looks like they are taking stimulous money.

Oh, I got played, by you. My first reaction was to be against, totally against it, but then you had to pile shit on. I see your game. If any state gets any money that has a conservative in it is playing us all.

What will you do when the money actually is cut off? When the states have to fend for themsleves? Welfare cuts, transportation cuts, on and on. Is your state ready to handle it's waste? I know many would crash, it the bottle was taken away.

No, you don't get it. It's not just conservatives, it's conservatives running around getting you all worked up about the stimulus not working while they were quietly submitting projects for their states.

Big deal. Babs boxer doesn't vote for any military appropriations, but she is not closing the numerous military bases and defense contractors in California.

And she doesn't run around screaming the approriations didn't work, does she? You guys just can't admit that these GOP congresspeople played you for suckers and you bit.

Matter of fact, she hates the military.

Forum List

Back