Still having Segregated Proms in Georgia?

well, we STILL have a Congressional Black Caucus and Miss Black America too.

Kerry on with yer outrage.

:eusa_angel:

Proms are not segregated. The school still has their prom and anyone could go. What they also have are private parties by invitation only. Black students are not invited to this private party.

Can white students attend a University black graduation ceremony? No. It's open only to black students. And it is school funded.

Graduating seniors can participate in CSUN Black Graduation*|*Daily Sundial

Hispanics have a segregated prom. It is also a private party by invitation only.

Hispanic Prom Added at Toombs County High - WTOC-TV: Savannah, Beaufort, SC, News, Weather & Sports

There is nothing wrong with segregated proms. The high school kids are smarter than democrats.

"We wanted a Hispanic prom cause it's a different taste in music and all that stuff," she told us. "That's why we wanted it more than anything else."

For years, black students and white students raised money to rent the local armory on separate nights for separate events. Since they're private, you don't see any mention of them on a school calendar. Administrators say other integrated events get complicated. "Latinos like one kind of music. Blacks like to listen to their music. Whites have their music," said Ralph Hardy, the school's principal.

Proms are not segregated. The school still has their prom and anyone could go. What they also have are private parties by invitation only. Black students are not invited to this private party.

Can white students attend a University black graduation ceremony? No. It's open only to black students. And it is school funded.

Hispanics have a segregated prom. It is also a private party by invitation only.

Hispanic Prom Added at Toombs County High - WTOC-TV: Savannah, Beaufort, SC, News, Weather & Sports

There is nothing wrong with segregated proms. The high school kids are smarter than democrats.

"We wanted a Hispanic prom cause it's a different taste in music and all that stuff," she told us. "That's why we wanted it more than anything else."

For years, black students and white students raised money to rent the local armory on separate nights for separate events. Since they're private, you don't see any mention of them on a school calendar. Administrators say other integrated events get complicated. "Latinos like one kind of music. Blacks like to listen to their music. Whites have their music," said Ralph Hardy, the school's principal.

I guess I'm curious, if I go to a Black prom and my girlfriend is white can we go or not?

The dirty tricks democrats are alive and well in Georgia. Don't you understand that the governor isn't supporting segregated proms when he refuses to support a demonstration organized by left wing crackpots? The only thing he did wrong was to give a sound bite that the ever vigilant and tax exempt Media Matters could use against him.

I guess I'm curious, if I go to a Black prom and my girlfriend is white can we go or not?

You might just have to go to the regular old prom. You might not get an invitation to one of the segregated proms. No matter how many laws, rules, regulations or anything else that is passed, they will never be able to prevent people from self-segregating if they choose to do so, and they choose to do so.

I think most races would prefer to stick with their own kind. It's the government that forces them/us to desegregate. You look at any place that has a large body of people like work or school and you'll see at lunchtime who sticks with who. Blacks are with black, Asians with Asians, hispanics with hispanics, etc....however there are some exceptions.

I think most races would prefer to stick with their own kind. It's the government that forces them/us to desegregate. You look at any place that has a large body of people like work or school and you'll see at lunchtime who sticks with who. Blacks are with black, Asians with Asians, hispanics with hispanics, etc....however there are some exceptions.

I think that most races would prefer to have a choice.

Sticking with one's own "kind' goes way beyond skin color. As the hispanic student arguing for a segregated hispanic prom points out. They don't like the same music, or dress, or dance style. Everyone clings to their own culture and wants to be within that culture. In that workplace you describe, there will be one lunchroom completely desegregated, blacks will sit next to whites sitting next to hispanics sitting next to asians. That would be the executive lunchroom. That's because the executives have a culture among themselves completely independent of the workers. The higher up the class ladder you go, the less color and separate culture matter.

I think that most races would prefer to have a choice.

I agree.

Sticking with one's own "kind' goes way beyond skin color. As the hispanic student arguing for a segregated hispanic prom points out. They don't like the same music, or dress, or dance style. Everyone clings to their own culture and wants to be within that culture. In that workplace you describe, there will be one lunchroom completely desegregated, blacks will sit next to whites sitting next to hispanics sitting next to asians. That would be the executive lunchroom. That's because the executives have a culture among themselves completely independent of the workers. The higher up the class ladder you go, the less color and separate culture matter.

Culture, race not much difference in my opinion.

And that is how it is in most workplace lunchrooms. Blacks sit with blacks, Asians with Asians etc... I'd argue if they could have their own room they would utilize it.

Forum List

Back