Stigma of Atheism

No. It is not the opposite. Removing a fetus is removing it from its life support system. Denying me blood is the same thing.

no.....for it to be the same thing you would have had to be receiving the blood before and then had it taken away......now, if a fetus comes along and asks to enter a woman's womb, and she refuses, THEN it would be the same thing.....

I am willing to go on record as saying any woman should have the right to say no to any fetus that comes up to them on the street asking for permission to enter their womb......

So much for the right to life being the actual issue.
????.....obviously its the only issue....

If it were the only issue then the only thing which would matter would be whether or not the action resulted in the loss of life. If I don't get your blood, I will die. If I can't have the organs from your dead body, I will die. But that clearly doesn't matter. The situation has to be very specific to abortion or it just doesn't apply. If the right to life only applies to abortion, then it is not about the right to life.
but you won't die because you don't get my blood.....you will die because you have a rare blood disorder.......you won't die because I won't give you my heart.....you will die because your own heart has failed......the fetus isn't going to die because it has a rare blood disorder or has a failing heart.....why is the fetus going to die?.....

All you are doing is narrowing the parameters so it only applies to abortion. The point is I will die. I will not be less dead than an aborted fetus. If the issue actually is right to life, then that is all that should matter. Clearly that is not the deciding factor. So this is not about the right to life. This is about imposing a moral standard upon others you do not want imposed upon you.

Why are Christians so afraid of atheists?
Doubt in their beliefs?
We do not care about your beliefs, leave us to ours.
lol.....no, you don't care about our beliefs......that's why you start all those law suits about rocks in court houses and crosses in cemeteries.....
Why should everyone be confronted with such things? You practice your beliefs and we will practice ours. Public space is for everyone.
/shrugs.....I'm confronted with lots of things I don't agree with.......and apparently public space is only for folks who think like you since you want to keep everything else out......
I'm curious....when a Texas football team says a prayer, do your ears actually catch fire, or are you just afraid that you might get sucked into heaven against your will......
No ones views should be part of public space. There are plenty of Muslim/Americans. What would Christians think of Muslim symbols in all public spaces?

Everyone's views should be part of the public space. That's what makes it public.

lol.....no, you don't care about our beliefs......that's why you start all those law suits about rocks in court houses and crosses in cemeteries.....
"All those lawsuits"? Do you mean the lawsuits that have kept you fundies from pressing your extremist religious views into public schools?
nope....I mean all the lawsuits that you lost while trying to impose your beliefs on everyone.......you know, the one to change money, change pledges, change Christmas decorations, change crosses on hilltops in California........you know the ones......
I don't think you know the ones. Your feverish, sweaty tirades don't list a single, specific, instance.
Hard to believe that there is another poster who enjoys your beatings as much as Political Chic does. They should start a club.
lol......Hollie beating someone.....that's an amusing fantasy......[/Q
"All those lawsuits"? Do you mean the lawsuits that have kept you fundies from pressing your extremist religious views into public schools?
nope....I mean all the lawsuits that you lost while trying to impose your beliefs on everyone.......you know, the one to change money, change pledges, change Christmas decorations, change crosses on hilltops in California........you know the ones......

Yet, you cannot confront the fact that "all those lawsuits" you're whining about have typically been humiliating losses for you folks on the extremist religious right as you have tried with both lies and falsehoods to introduce your Christianity into the public schools.
I know right?....that's why we no longer have In God We Trust on our money......why we aren't allowed to say the pledge of allegiance any more.....why Congress no longer opens its sessions with prayer.......why they tore down that cross on the secluded cemetery hilltop in California.......
Yeah, right?

That's why fundamentalist Christianity under burkas of different names have been ruled by the courts as disallowed in public schools.
lol.....wtf does that even mean?........

Yet, you cannot confront the fact that "all those lawsuits" you're whining about have typically been humiliating losses for you folks on the extremist religious right as you have tried with both lies and falsehoods to introduce your Christianity into the public schools.
I know right?....that's why we no longer have In God We Trust on our money......why we aren't allowed to say the pledge of allegiance any more.....why Congress no longer opens its sessions with prayer.......why they tore down that cross on the secluded cemetery hilltop in California.......
Yeah, right?

That's why fundamentalist Christianity under burkas of different names have been ruled by the courts as disallowed in public schools.

You should read the Dover transcript so you would have a clue.

Your fundamentalists have become self-destructive with your efforts to force christian dogma into the public schools. Years ago, fundamentalist christians made no effort to conceal their agenda of promoting Biblical literalism. It was originally called "Biblical Creationism" with no pretense. Faced with the correct legal conclusions that it was merely religion, they regrouped and renamed it "Scientific Creationism," making a half hearted attempt to edit out explicit Biblical references... but that fooled no one. When that met an equally unambiguous decision in the courts, the new version became "Intelligent Design." In the process, the creationist movement has become progressively more reactionary, more desperate, and truly, more pathetic.

you forgot "irrational"......that's the primary characteristic of atheists......

Atheism is irrational only to the extent it is based upon belief. It is no more irrational than Theism.
I consider it irrational to condemn accepting unproven things while professing something unprovable......

I agree. Again, no more irrational than Theism.

The primary psychological role of religion is rationalizing the tragedy of death as a good thing to alleviate the anxiety of mortality.

I don't think so. The primary role of religion is to create cohesion within the society.

Also to control the masses. In the past it was to keep the slaves in line. Back in Egypt or before the American Civil War slave owners used it to keep their slaves from uprising. Much like they use it on us today.

Why are Christians so afraid of atheists?
Doubt in their beliefs?
We do not care about your beliefs, leave us to ours.
Why should everyone be confronted with such things? You practice your beliefs and we will practice ours. Public space is for everyone.
/shrugs.....I'm confronted with lots of things I don't agree with.......and apparently public space is only for folks who think like you since you want to keep everything else out......
I'm curious....when a Texas football team says a prayer, do your ears actually catch fire, or are you just afraid that you might get sucked into heaven against your will......
No ones views should be part of public space. There are plenty of Muslim/Americans. What would Christians think of Muslim symbols in all public spaces?

Everyone's views should be part of the public space. That's what makes it public.
Why do we not see EVERYONE'S views then? Only the Christian religious views. Nice try, but you failed.

Atheism is irrational only to the extent it is based upon belief. It is no more irrational than Theism.
I consider it irrational to condemn accepting unproven things while professing something unprovable......

not true......we don't condemn accepting unproven things......

Of course you do. As I recall, you are a Mormon. Mormons are condemned all the time by other Christians. I have seen multiple posts by Christians here about how Catholics are doomed to hell, Muslims are morally bad, and Atheists are evil. We have seen examples of Buddhists trying to ban Islam, Muslims tearing down Buddhist statues, Muslims killing Muslims over which sect they belong to. Condemnation is a human thing and Theists are just as human as Atheists.

What makes it irrational is the lack of objective evidence to support any of it. What makes it nasty is people.
actually, I'm not Mormon......I am a Christian who believes both Mormons and Catholics are also Christians......I will admit to believing Atheists are idiots, but that alone does not make them evil.......in any event, since all the things you listed cannot be proven, and the Christians you accuse apparently believe them, it remains wrong to say that they don't accept things which cannot be proven.....thank you for proving my argument.......

The Mormon religion was founded on the fact that God told Joseph Smith to start his own religion because the other religions had all lost their ways. I have a Mormon friend who told me the whole story and it pretty much lines up with the South Park story. I agree with the Mormons that the traditional christian churches lost their way during the Dark Ages.

In fact I go one further. I say the whole Jesus story 2000 years ago never happened, just like God didn't talk to Joseph Smith in 1800.

And I think 99.999% of traditional Christians if they knew the Mormon schtick would be not only offended but laugh and say you aren't a real Christian. Your whole story goes against what their story say about the next time Jesus comes back. Can't have it both ways cherry picker.

So here is another person who believes whatever the fuck he wants to believe. Irrational!

The primary psychological role of religion is rationalizing the tragedy of death as a good thing to alleviate the anxiety of mortality.

I don't think so. The primary role of religion is to create cohesion within the society.

Also to control the masses. In the past it was to keep the slaves in line. Back in Egypt or before the American Civil War slave owners used it to keep their slaves from uprising. Much like they use it on us today.

The entire purpose of society is to control the masses. Religion is just one aspect of society. If you are expecting something else, you need to find yourself another species.

Why do we not see EVERYONE'S views then? Only the Christian religious views. Nice try, but you failed.

Not everyone wants to express their views. Anyone who does should be able to do so as part of the public space. Anyone. The solution to not being overcome by the majority is to open your mouth, not demand everyone else close theirs.

In Texas they went from something like 30 places you could get an abortion to 7. A rich white bitch will go drive to get an abortion. A poor people might not have a car or the $500 to get her abortion. Abortion is a necessary thing with us human breeders who can't stop doubling the population. STOP!

There it is, the eugenics angle at the root of abortion advocates.

Now go on and tell us that Margaret Sanger wasn't important.

Oh god no! I'm just saying abortion is an option that should remain available to women who get pregnant but aren't ready to be mothers or have a family.

I know you won't admit this but the fact is, a lot of you anti abortion people have your own accidents when it is not the right time in your life and a lot of you end up getting abortions. So you are hypocrites. I compare you to someone who smokes who wishes cigarettes were illegal.

And if you look at society today, how things are for 20 somethings, you would be a fool to ban abortion now. They can't afford kids. Not the ones that go to college and graduate with $50K Plus student loans and not the ones working at Walmart.

So lowering the number of birth control clinics only hurt the poor. So does not funding abortions. They can't afford to drive 2 hours to get an abortion or pay the $500. So you will end up paying more in welfare and foodstamps. But you hate those things. Remember? Well are you going to let those kids starve? Then how much do you really care about life?

Abortions are good, for people that want them. Fuck what everyone else thinks. If you aren't ready, go get it taken care of! We won't blame you. And don't worry about those assholes picketing. They are super guilty about the abortions they had and they have forgotten what it was like when it happened to them. If they could do it all over again, they would. And most woman who have abortions get over it fairly quickly. They don't think they "murdered" their child. That's assholes talking. FACT.

The entire purpose of society is to control the masses. Religion is just one aspect of society. If you are expecting something else, you need to find yourself another species.

Or go to North Korea. Did you hear that guy got arrested for leaving a bible in his hotel room? I'm starting to like that Kim Jung Un. Now I see what Dennis Rodman sees in him. LOL. JK.

Pathetic
Keeping up with you is like following my dogs around with a scooper.
The difference is that you will not get your dinner keeping up with me.
My dogs can keep up with you so you're good to go.
Pretty pathetic. back down to the junior league with you.
Still waiting for you to prove how Christians are afraid of atheists. Getting mad at me doesn't help.

Pathetic
Keeping up with you is like following my dogs around with a scooper.
The difference is that you will not get your dinner keeping up with me.
My dogs can keep up with you so you're good to go.
Pretty pathetic. back down to the junior league with you.
Still waiting for you to prove how Christians are afraid of atheists. Getting mad at me doesn't help.

Don't Christians say that our country is falling apart and the end of days are nearing because people are turning away from god?

And for hundreds of years you Christians gave us three choices. Leave, Convert or Die. Much like Kim Jong Un does in North Korea now. You guys might not be doing that today to non Christians but not because you wouldn't like to.

Admit it. You don't like America having so many Atheists and Muslims living here. You're ok with the Jews but that's because you want their vote and the enemy of your enemy is your friend.

no.....for it to be the same thing you would have had to be receiving the blood before and then had it taken away......now, if a fetus comes along and asks to enter a woman's womb, and she refuses, THEN it would be the same thing.....

I am willing to go on record as saying any woman should have the right to say no to any fetus that comes up to them on the street asking for permission to enter their womb......

So much for the right to life being the actual issue.
????.....obviously its the only issue....

If it were the only issue then the only thing which would matter would be whether or not the action resulted in the loss of life. If I don't get your blood, I will die. If I can't have the organs from your dead body, I will die. But that clearly doesn't matter. The situation has to be very specific to abortion or it just doesn't apply. If the right to life only applies to abortion, then it is not about the right to life.
but you won't die because you don't get my blood.....you will die because you have a rare blood disorder.......you won't die because I won't give you my heart.....you will die because your own heart has failed......the fetus isn't going to die because it has a rare blood disorder or has a failing heart.....why is the fetus going to die?.....

All you are doing is narrowing the parameters so it only applies to abortion.
narrowing the parameters has a tendency to reduce scope....if that's the problem, I suppose we can also argue that having an abortion is a lot like driving a car, but with narrowed parameters

Clearly that is not the deciding factor. So this is not about the right to life. This is about imposing a moral standard upon others you do not want imposed upon you.
I will concede that I believe killing your unborn children is immoral.......however the primary concern is still the life of the child......if I am opposed to you walking down the street and shooting every third person you meet is the deciding factor that I believe you are immoral for doing so?.......

I don't think you know the ones. Your feverish, sweaty tirades don't list a single, specific, instance.
Hard to believe that there is another poster who enjoys your beatings as much as Political Chic does. They should start a club.

Yeah, right?

Yeah, right?

why....the judges involved in the Dover case didn't have one.....

Why do we not see EVERYONE'S views then?
because of atheists law suits......we only see the atheists views.....

Yeah, right?

Yeah, right?

why....the judges involved in the Dover case didn't have one.....
That's as pointless as your usual piffle.

It's just a shame that you fundie cretins assume that the public schools are the venue for your tales and fables as opposed to science send learning.

Ultimately, what good is a religion that must be forced on people?

Why do we not see EVERYONE'S views then?
because of atheists law suits......we only see the atheists views.....
Typically pointless. There is a process called "discovery" that is integral to the law. Do yourself a favor and investigate that principle of law.

You only further discredit your arguments with your profound ignorance of the legal process.

Forum List

Back