Priest gets quarter share in Donegal house he shared with former lover

A priest has been awarded more than a quarter share in a Co Donegal cottage he shared with his former lover.

Fr Gabriel Rosbotham took Hugh Crawford to court claiming a 50 per cent share of the property, known as Rose Cottage, at Letterbarrow outside Mountcharles.

Your point being what exactly? People shouldn't be able to recover money they invest if it is a gay thing perhaps?
i thought it was that we don't name our houses here in the states, and maybe we should start.

He is a pries!

The issue is hypocrisy!

As well as a priest. The photos of his partner look like he is well past alter boy age, so whatever.

A priest has been awarded more than a quarter share in a Co Donegal cottage he shared with his former lover.

Fr Gabriel Rosbotham took Hugh Crawford to court claiming a 50 per cent share of the property, known as Rose Cottage, at Letterbarrow outside Mountcharles.

Your point being what exactly? People shouldn't be able to recover money they invest if it is a gay thing perhaps?
i thought it was that we don't name our houses here in the states, and maybe we should start.

Some houses here in the states are named, at least in my area. Usually after the person who built it, had it built, or someone noteworthy who lived in it.

Washington, Jefferson, and Madison named their estates. I thought it be wise to name mine someday too when I have a home.

Washington, Jefferson, and Madison named their estates. I thought it be wise to name mine someday too when I have a home.

I have named mine Le Pit Du Money just to give it a french feel.

My guess is that the number of priests who are closet homosexuals is extremely high. It's a way for Catholic men to hide what they are without raising questions.

Yesterday morning, a handful of worshipers sat in the stillness of the church, listening intently to hear what parish priest Rev Francis Judge would have to say on the matter. Or, indeed, if he would say anything at all.

And then it came: "We pray for Fr Gabriel this morning and for all those who are hurting," said the cleric before a long pause; "Lord hear us."

It was met with a rallying response: "Lord graciously hear us."

Fr Gabriel is more than his sexuality he s a cornerstone of our parish - Independent.ie

There's nothing in Scripture requiring priests to be celibate, the opposite is closer to the mark. Jewish priests (distinctly different than rabbi) are actually supposed to be married. They reason if not married, and having sex, you'll be thinking about sex and sin more than if you have it. The decision to make Catholic clergy celibate came about by Papal decree after too many illegitimate children came to the church seeking their inheritence after bishops and priests fathered them illegitimately.

When you're a priest, the Catholic Church can send you anywhere and you have no say. Pack up your backs tonight, you're going to deepest darkest Africa, where there's no electricity or running water. Married men would refuse to go.

Forum List

Back