Stigma of Atheism

Sure. I've posted it before.
is that another one of your fantasies?......
It was data you were unable to refute so you tried slithering away... Like now.
there was no data....still isn't......

Sure there is.

Problems with a Global Flood 2nd edition

You hoped to slither away from addressing the obvious absurdity of your YEC'ist beliefs with literal interpretation of your Ark tales.

Are you going to slither away again?
you don't think any of that is actually data, do you?.......that's just crap some atheist made up.......next you'll be telling me it had to have happened in the last 6000 years........you literalists are a hoot......
It's always easy to tell when you YEC'ists are completely befuddled. You start babbling with irrelevant piffle.

Why are Christians so afraid of atheists?
Doubt in their beliefs?
We do not care about your beliefs, leave us to ours.
lol.....no, you don't care about our beliefs......that's why you start all those law suits about rocks in court houses and crosses in cemeteries.....
Why should everyone be confronted with such things? You practice your beliefs and we will practice ours. Public space is for everyone.
/shrugs.....I'm confronted with lots of things I don't agree with.......and apparently public space is only for folks who think like you since you want to keep everything else out......
I'm curious....when a Texas football team says a prayer, do your ears actually catch fire, or are you just afraid that you might get sucked into heaven against your will......
No ones views should be part of public space. There are plenty of Muslim/Americans. What would Christians think of Muslim symbols in all public spaces?

Doubt in their beliefs?
lol.....no, you don't care about our beliefs......that's why you start all those law suits about rocks in court houses and crosses in cemeteries.....
"All those lawsuits"? Do you mean the lawsuits that have kept you fundies from pressing your extremist religious views into public schools?
nope....I mean all the lawsuits that you lost while trying to impose your beliefs on everyone.......you know, the one to change money, change pledges, change Christmas decorations, change crosses on hilltops in California........you know the ones......

Yet, you cannot confront the fact that "all those lawsuits" you're whining about have typically been humiliating losses for you folks on the extremist religious right as you have tried with both lies and falsehoods to introduce your Christianity into the public schools.

Kitzmiller vs. Dover? Are you familiar with that case? It was an unmitigated disaster for the Christian right.

No. It is not the opposite. Removing a fetus is removing it from its life support system. Denying me blood is the same thing.

no.....for it to be the same thing you would have had to be receiving the blood before and then had it taken away......now, if a fetus comes along and asks to enter a woman's womb, and she refuses, THEN it would be the same thing.....

I am willing to go on record as saying any woman should have the right to say no to any fetus that comes up to them on the street asking for permission to enter their womb......
You out-of-the-Madrassah-and-into-the-womb zealots appear hypocritical from my perspective. Most folks do not support State womb control before that stage of gestation where personhood has developed, and generally, only religious zealots believe in the extremist "instant baby" notion where conception produces a person instantaneously.

You religious extremists can believe whatever they choose to believe, but to evoke the coercive power of your sectarian gods to impose your religious perspectives upon others is antithetical to the ideals that established this nation.

Your extremist view and your desire to impose it upon others via state coersion is not the moral position of most Americans. If and when a fœtus achieves a stage of development where it is sentient and viable, it is recognized as a person and entitled to legal protection. Before that stage, a person does not yet exist. and the State must respect the prerogatives of the individual upon whom the developing entity is dependent.

Only the impregnated female in consultation with her doctor has the right to determine her response to the impregnation during the first trimester of pregnancy despite the judgmental presumptions of those who would presume to seize and control her inherent right. The extremist religious right will not be allowed to exert authority to demand State womb control or deny abortion.
why do you deny science?......
Why are you unable to respond with a comment that is connected to my comments?
they are connected......you claim that the only basis on which to conclude the unborn child is a person is religion.......the actual basis is science, which you are denying......the fetus is undeniably alive, it is undeniably human.......there is no scientifically significant difference between a child whose umbilical cord has been cut and one who's cord has not been cut......it is an arbitrary legal fiction that one is a human being entitled to the protection of the law and the other is not......
It is indeed a complicated issue, which is why simplistic, absolutist views such as presented by you religious extremists are woefully inadequate.

The fact that there cannot be concensus does not dictate that we mindlessly leap to an absolutist proscription. As with most contested matters of ajudication, we are dealing with conflicting recognized rights: a woman to control her womb, a fetus to develop into an individual. Rowe vs Wade has deliniated the specifics of such a compromise, recognizing as a superior matter of privacy the right of a woman to control a pregnancy before that zygote/embryo/fetus has become a viable entity, and granting that fetus a protected status once its development has reached a definitive stage. There is always a nebulous area in between that can be contested, but to legislate either one extremist position or the other is not an equitable approach.

The extremist religious nutters such as you on one end of the spectrum mewl that a single fertilized cell is a person and advocate that the State seize control of the womb at that point. On the other end, there are those would have it that personhood is not achieved until birth and the State should have no dominion until then. The vast majority of rational Americans recognize that personhood evolves during gestation as brain waves are first evidenced and independent viability achieved. Thus, Rowe vs Wade is a reasonable compromise.

As with so many issues that are contentious and difficult, it's fortunate that we have rule of law as opposed to rule of religious zealot to achieve reasonable compromises.

Doubt in their beliefs?
Why should everyone be confronted with such things? You practice your beliefs and we will practice ours. Public space is for everyone.
/shrugs.....I'm confronted with lots of things I don't agree with.......and apparently public space is only for folks who think like you since you want to keep everything else out......
I'm curious....when a Texas football team says a prayer, do your ears actually catch fire, or are you just afraid that you might get sucked into heaven against your will......
I do not spend any time worrying about being sucked into imaginary places.

Doubt in their beliefs?
"All those lawsuits"? Do you mean the lawsuits that have kept you fundies from pressing your extremist religious views into public schools?
nope....I mean all the lawsuits that you lost while trying to impose your beliefs on everyone.......you know, the one to change money, change pledges, change Christmas decorations, change crosses on hilltops in California........you know the ones......
I don't think you know the ones. Your feverish, sweaty tirades don't list a single, specific, instance.

Doubt in their beliefs?
I don't think you know the ones. Your feverish, sweaty tirades don't list a single, specific, instance.
Hard to believe that there is another poster who enjoys your beatings as much as Political Chic does. They should start a club.

is that another one of your fantasies?......
It was data you were unable to refute so you tried slithering away... Like now.
there was no data....still isn't......

Sure there is.

Problems with a Global Flood 2nd edition

You hoped to slither away from addressing the obvious absurdity of your YEC'ist beliefs with literal interpretation of your Ark tales.

Are you going to slither away again?
you don't think any of that is actually data, do you?.......that's just crap some atheist made up.......next you'll be telling me it had to have happened in the last 6000 years........you literalists are a hoot......
It's always easy to tell when you YEC'ists are completely befuddled. You start babbling with irrelevant piffle.
see I told you that you would claim it had to happen in the last 6000 years.....that's the foundation you hinge all your "data" on, and its meaningless in a real debate of the issue......that's why its so important for you to pretend I am a YEC, its the only argument you know how to make......

Doubt in their beliefs?
No ones views should be part of public space. There are plenty of Muslim/Americans. What would Christians think of Muslim symbols in all public spaces?
only atheists principles should be visible in public spaces.....

Doubt in their beliefs?

Yet, you cannot confront the fact that "all those lawsuits" you're whining about have typically been humiliating losses for you folks on the extremist religious right as you have tried with both lies and falsehoods to introduce your Christianity into the public schools.
I know right?....that's why we no longer have In God We Trust on our money......why we aren't allowed to say the pledge of allegiance any more.....why Congress no longer opens its sessions with prayer.......why they tore down that cross on the secluded cemetery hilltop in California.......

Doubt in their beliefs?
I do not spend any time worrying about being sucked into imaginary places.
then I imagine you aren't one of the law suit filers.......

Doubt in their beliefs?
Hard to believe that there is another poster who enjoys your beatings as much as Political Chic does. They should start a club.
lol......Hollie beating someone.....that's an amusing fantasy......

Doubt in their beliefs?
The people who start all of these anti atheist threads. Do try to keep up.
Keeping up with you is like following my dogs around with a scooper.
Doubt in their beliefs?
You should read a bit slower. No ones' principles should be visible.

Doubt in their beliefs?

I know right?....that's why we no longer have In God We Trust on our money......why we aren't allowed to say the pledge of allegiance any more.....why Congress no longer opens its sessions with prayer.......why they tore down that cross on the secluded cemetery hilltop in California.......
Yeah, right?

That's why fundamentalist Christianity under burkas of different names have been ruled by the courts as disallowed in public schools.

The people who start all of these anti atheist threads. Do try to keep up.
Keeping up with you is like following my dogs around with a scooper.
You should read a bit slower. No ones' principles should be visible.
isn't that an atheist principle?........isn't that what you want public places to reflect?.....

Yeah, right?

That's why fundamentalist Christianity under burkas of different names have been ruled by the courts as disallowed in public schools.
lol.....wtf does that even mean?........

Forum List

Back