Steve Schmidt: Republican Party 'Doesn't Give Equal Opportunity To Women'

Women are STILL being screwed?

Are we sure of that?

I think that is basically no longer true.

Consider these facts:

Women currently make up 57% of all college students.

The largest percentage of employed women (40.6 percent) worked in management, professional, and related occupations;

32.0 percent worked in sales and office occupations;

21.3 percent in service occupations;

5.2 percent in production, transportation, and material moving occupations; and

0.9 percent in natural resources, construction, and maintenance occupations.

Women accounted for 51.5 percent of all workers in the high-paying management, professional, and related occupations. Here is just a sample of these occupations where women were the larger percentage of those employed:

Registered nurses………………………………………………………91.1 %
Elementary and middle school teachers………………………81.8
Medical and health services managers…………………………72.5
Psychologists……………………………………………………………66.7
Tax examiners, collectors, and revenue agents……………66.1
Education administrators……………………………………………63.0
Advertising and promotions managers……………………… 61.1
Accountants and auditors……………………………………… 60.1
Public relations managers………………………………………… 60.0
Insurance underwriters…………………………………………… 59.3
Medical scientists…………………………………………………… 53.7
Financial managers………………………………………………… 53.2

Source: U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics, Employment and Earnings, January 2011, Annual Averages. Web site: http://www.bls.gov/opub/ee/empearn201101.pdf

Let me add that while men are STILL making slightly more money on average than women?

Much of that has to do with the residual holdover from the time when women still were being screwed.

I suspect (and logically it must be true) that if we parce out the worker and compensation statistics based on AGE?

What we will find is that the STATS describing today's younger workers (under say 45?) will inform us that women are actually doing better than men of the same age group.

Last edited:
What advice from Palin did Schmidt ignore?

You really don't know?

Are you pretending to be ignorant or is this genuine cluelessness on your part?

No, I really don't know. Please tell me (with credible facts)...

This is staggering, you have all this bile and hatred for her yet you don't seem to know who she is and what she stands for.

She recommended that Juan McCain correctly paint Obama as a person with values, mindset and economic philosophy far out of the American mainstream; that his past, his complete lack of familiarity -- indeed outright hostility toward Free Enterprise, was indeed a legitimate campaign issue.

I really don't care what Steve Shit has to say. It was the Republican Party that had a female VP the 2008 elections, while it was Democrats who voted for what is supposedly a man in Barack Obama over female Hillary Clinton.

In addition to that, why isn't it under Democrat Barack Obama that women are paid less than men. Why yes it is:

Women paid significantly less in Obama White House than their male counterparts | Mail Online

Oh, and let's not stop there. How about we talk about Dumbocratasses in Colorado, Joe Salazar and Paul Rosenthal who don't think women should be allowed to use guns to defend themselves against rapists because they don't really know if they are going to be raped, but they can use whistles and the buddy system...what a joke. And who can forget the Dumbocratasses and their rump swabs in the media - their war on conservative women when Sarah Palin was running as a VP candidate.

So take your hactivist post and shove it.

Schmidt posts at USMB under the name: Jake Starkey

Steve Schmidt, the strategist who ran the disastrous McCain campaign and lost to Obama by totally ignoring the advise of Sarah Palin...

Well for one.. McCain stupidly thought the MSM were his FRIENDS!!
They definitely were during the primaries because THE MSM KNEW he was the weakest!
Remember McCain had a birthday party in 2004 with MSM ,Brokaw, Jennings, Schieffer, Dowd & Russert -
So he ignored Palin telling him these WERE NOT his friends and Schmidt??? Right there with McCain kissing MSM asses!

Then when he was the GOP candidate THE MSM turned on McCain!
This is proven when you look at the "stories" written by MSM during the 2008 campaign!

Media bias was more intense in the 2008 election than in any other national campaign in recent history,
Time magazine’s Mark Halperin said Friday at the Politico/USC conference on the 2008 election.

“It’s the most disgusting failure of people in our business since the Iraq war,” Halperin said at a panel of media analysts. “It was extreme bias, extreme pro-Obama coverage.”

Halperin, who maintains Time’s political site “The Page,” cited two New York Times articles as examples of the divergent coverage of the two candidates.

“The example that I use, at the end of the campaign, was the two profiles that The New York Times ran of the potential first ladies,” Halperin said. “The story about Cindy McCain was vicious. It looked for every negative thing they could find about her and it case her in an extraordinarily negative light. It didn’t talk about her work, for instance, as a mother for her children, and they cherry-picked every negative thing that’s ever been written about her.”

The story about Michelle Obama, by contrast, was “like a front-page endorsement of what a great person Michelle Obama is,” according to Halperin.
Mark Halperin: MSM Bias For Obama Worst In Recent History | Flopping Aces

Palin was the ONLY thing that kept the vote CLOSE!

By Chris Gentilviso

Republican Strategist Steve Schmidt had some harsh words for his own party on Sunday, criticizing the GOP's standing on equal opportunity for women.

As part of an NBC "Meet The Press" roundtable discussing gender roles in the workplace, Schmidt vowed that any organization where women are "not at the table" is "going to have problems."

"It’s one of the problems we have structurally in the Republican Party ... Any company, any organization in today’s day and age that doesn’t give equal opportunity to women, that doesn’t advance women to the table, is going to be an organization that has difficulty competing," Schmidt said.

The Republican Party struggled in 2012 with women voters, thanks to a series of controversial viewpoints on topics ranging from birth control to rape.

More: Steve Schmidt: Republican Party 'Doesn't Give Equal Opportunity To Women' (VIDEO)

theres a lot of 'not very much there'. How does the gop not advance woman? because of bias? ...where there woman who were refused seats at the table, where there qualified woman how were not? Thats the question. he never says.

and when one says ; " we don't advance enough ____" , in my eyes that means advancing them becasue they are woman, not becasue they bring something to the table.....theres a difference...

he said; " any company or organization in this day and age that doesn't give equal opportunity to woman..." I'd like to ask him how he came to that conclusion, he ran a campaign with a woman for veep in the ticket...sounds contradictory to me lacking anything further.

do you have a transcript of this discussion....thats a 1:37 second blurb where no one else asks or says anything, did anyone ask him follow on questions as who, how and when?

But, I can see how this would appeal to sheep who simply eat whats put in front of them. carry on.

Women are STILL being screwed?

Are we sure of that?

I think that is basically no longer true.

Consider these facts:

Women currently make up 57% of all college students.

The largest percentage of employed women (40.6 percent) worked in management, professional, and related occupations;

32.0 percent worked in sales and office occupations;

21.3 percent in service occupations;

5.2 percent in production, transportation, and material moving occupations; and

0.9 percent in natural resources, construction, and maintenance occupations.

Women accounted for 51.5 percent of all workers in the high-paying management, professional, and related occupations. Here is just a sample of these occupations where women were the larger percentage of those employed:

Registered nurses………………………………………………………91.1 %
Elementary and middle school teachers………………………81.8
Medical and health services managers…………………………72.5
Psychologists……………………………………………………………66.7
Tax examiners, collectors, and revenue agents……………66.1
Education administrators……………………………………………63.0
Advertising and promotions managers……………………… 61.1
Accountants and auditors……………………………………… 60.1
Public relations managers………………………………………… 60.0
Insurance underwriters…………………………………………… 59.3
Medical scientists…………………………………………………… 53.7
Financial managers………………………………………………… 53.2

Source: U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics, Employment and Earnings, January 2011, Annual Averages. Web site: http://www.bls.gov/opub/ee/empearn201101.pdf

Let me add that while men are STILL making slightly more money on average than women?

Much of that has to do with the residual holdover from the time when women still were being screwed.

I suspect (and logically it must be true) that if we parce out the worker and compensation statistics based on AGE?

What we will find is that the STATS describing today's younger workers (under say 45?) will inform us that women are actually doing better than men of the same age group.

no, thats becasue they don't spend the same amount of time on the job.....you can add that to your other wise nice post.

You really don't know?

Palin doesn't even know what newspapers she reads, and famously said that you can see russia from alaska.

She is as dumb as it gets. Hell even fox canned her.

Actually, Tina Fey said that... she only pretends to be Sarah Palin on a comedy show. She is not really Sarah Palin.. Google it if you don't believe me.

:lol:

You must really be pissed at President Big ears and his lack of women who have jobs in his admin...AND those who are paid less...god you must hate that little monkey?

Steve Schmidt, the strategist who ran the disastrous McCain campaign and lost to Obama by totally ignoring the advise of Sarah Palin...

Yes. I seem to remember that as well. Loads less women and those that are there are payed less.

Hold on. I'm sure ShittingBull will be answering any second now.

Oh wait. She's an Obamabot who thinks her God is perfect. Never mind.

The GOP war on women is real - and continues...

And yet, your side of the aisle is the one trying to disarm women and encouraging them to tell men to be violent towards them to defend themselves from harm.

You're the side encouraging them to kill their offspring.

You're the ones insisting they are helpless unless some bureaucrat or politician provide them with hand outs.

You're the ones who look the other way when Democrat politicians abuse, cheat on them, and use them for political purposes while claiming to stand for them.

Whaaaaaa?

You really don't know?

Palin doesn't even know what newspapers she reads, and famously said that you can see russia from alaska.

"...and famously said that you can see russia from alaska.
She is as dumb as it gets."

This is only fun when someone bites it big time.
That's where you come in.

"In her Sept. 11 interview with ABC's Charlie Gibson, Sarah Palin had this to say about Russia: "They're our next-door neighbors, and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska." Is that true?

Yes. Russia and Alaska are divided by the Bering Strait, which is about 55 miles at its narrowest point."
Can you really see Russia from Alaska? - Slate Magazine

You really don't know?

Actually, Tina Fey said that... she only pretends to be Sarah Palin on a comedy show. She is not really Sarah Palin.. Google it if you don't believe me.

:lol:

thats your atypical no information voter.......

You really don't know?

"...and famously said that you can see russia from alaska.
She is as dumb as it gets."

This is only fun when someone bites it big time.
That's where you come in.

"In her Sept. 11 interview with ABC's Charlie Gibson, Sarah Palin had this to say about Russia: "They're our next-door neighbors, and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska." Is that true?

Yes. Russia and Alaska are divided by the Bering Strait, which is about 55 miles at its narrowest point."
Can you really see Russia from Alaska? - Slate Magazine

Yep. Thats just what she said.

Fucknuts must have gotten his info from Krugman. Of course all liberal facts are just that. Facts.

Forum List

Back