Stephen Paddock: Is he a terrorist? Why or why not?

First you have to define "terrorist". Was James Hodgkinson a terrorist? Imagine the damage he could have done with a fully automatic weapon.

What was his political objectives and how did the violence he used further that objective?

To me, a terrorist represents a political cause and has some affiliation

I don't see a lone wolf with a grievance being a terrorist

There's no evidence that he was acting with any political intent. He was indeed a madman.

Terrorism can be defined as acts of violence conducted with political intent. ISIS, Al Qeada, Timothy McVeigh, those who assassinated Dr. Slepian and the radio talk show host in Colorado (I think his name was Berg, but I cannot recall). Those people were and continue to be terrorists. Terrorism is a tactic, a rationale for political motives.

This senseless killing does not appear to fit that description. Sadly, there are those who would jump to conclusions that fit their narrow template of fear, hate and suspicion. Those folks only serve to stir a pot that needs no further stirring.

A terrorist , a misceginist , an anti trump . And most of all a muzzer. Perhaps the democraps could run him with OJ in 2020?

Reality:

If this guy was a right-wing separatist or if he had used anything remotely resembling the evil, scary-looking, satanic semi-auto civilian AR 15, we would already know about it in spades. It would be on every tv and other media outlet.

To me, a terrorist represents a political cause and has some affiliation

I don't see a lone wolf with a grievance being a terrorist

What if someone is a white supremacist, but doesn't have a membership card with KKK or American Neo-Nazi Association (ANNA)?

That would be a case where a lone wolf would be a terrorist.

Forum List

Back