Steel and Aluminum: Economics or Politics

Do you support the imposition of Tariffs

• Yes, it will create jobs

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • No, it will create a tariff war

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • No, it will create jobs in one sector, or force layoffs in other sectors of our economy

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
It will not benefit the economy at all, it will hurt it. It was done because a moron said he would do it and he will even if it fucks the country

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
How exactly is being perpetually in a trade deficit beneficial to the USA?

We are not perpetually in a trade deficit.

Do some research and trust Trump only after you have verified his statements.
Yes we are perpetually in a trade deficit. Do some research.

Hey dumbass. I said that. I pointed out that you are against free trade normally and I always am

I'm pro-free trade, always was and always will be. You switched sides, Holmes.

You're just too dumb to understand the conversation. And you're a simpleton who thinks not leftist = trump supporter because you're a brain dead brick who can't process anything but black and white.

I'm not a leftist, so I have to be a Trump supporter or you'd in total confusion run in circles screaming grabbing your head like your hair is on fire until you passed out
You are a liar. I have ALWAYS promoted the Law of Comparative Advantage, the backbone of free trade. Just because you know nothing about the Law does not mean I switched anything, it just means you are totally ignorant of free trade, so how can you be pro anything you know nothing about???

So you're calling Democrats a bunch of anti-free trade fucked up leftards?
No, I'm calling YOU a LIAR!

Bam, exactly

kaz: I'm for free trade all the time

EdTheLemur. So you're against free trade? I am against free trade. Except when Trump is against free trade, then I'm for free trade, but only to get Trump. You've proven you're against free trade by saying that you're for free trade. Bam!

kaz: WTF does that mean?

EdTheLemur: bam! That proves my point!!!!!

Um ... what?
Keep on lying.
I never said I was against free trade, and YOU know that, you worthless lying scum POS.
I challenge you to link to me ever being against free trade, you won't because you can't. All you will ever find is me trying to teach you idiots about the Law of Comparative Advantage, the Law that mathematically proves free trade is more advantageous even if your trading partner imposes tariffs.
So go ahead you lying scum POS find me posting against free trade anywhere on this forum. As you can see from the search results below I have been promoting the Law of Comparative Advantage on this forum since 2010, months before you were even a member.

Search Results for Query: comparative advantage | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

So you're always for free trade and you're saying the Democrat party are a bunch of authoritarian controlling dictators who are scum for limiting our right to trade freely with other countries?

You are a liar. I have ALWAYS promoted the Law of Comparative Advantage, the backbone of free trade. Just because you know nothing about the Law does not mean I switched anything, it just means you are totally ignorant of free trade, so how can you be pro anything you know nothing about???

Bam, exactly

EdTheLemur. So you're against free trade? I am against free trade. Except when Trump is against free trade, then I'm for free trade, but only to get Trump. You've proven you're against free trade by saying that you're for free trade. Bam!

Um ... what?
Keep on lying.
I never said I was against free trade, and YOU know that, you worthless lying scum POS.
I challenge you to link to me ever being against free trade, you won't because you can't. All you will ever find is me trying to teach you idiots about the Law of Comparative Advantage, the Law that mathematically proves free trade is more advantageous even if your trading partner imposes tariffs.
So go ahead you lying scum POS find me posting against free trade anywhere on this forum. As you can see from the search results below I have been promoting the Law of Comparative Advantage on this forum since 2010, months before you were even a member.

Search Results for Query: comparative advantage | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

So you're always for free trade and you're saying the Democrat party are a bunch of authoritarian controlling dictators who are scum for limiting our right to trade freely with other countries?
I said nothing about the Dems, you worthless lying scum POS.

Bam, exactly

Um ... what?
Keep on lying.

Right, you're saying you strongly oppose Democrats and you're saying nothing about them. I just said that.

Tell me how full of shit Democrats are since you're a free trader and they oppose free trade. Democrats are again authoritarian scum, you oppose that. Can you say that?

Bam, exactly

Um ... what?
Keep on lying.

Right, you're saying you strongly oppose Democrats and you're saying nothing about them. I just said that.

Tell me how full of shit Democrats are since you're a free trader and they oppose free trade. Democrats are again authoritarian scum, you oppose that. Can you say that?
Some in both parties oppose free trade, that is why I am a lifelong registered independent.

Bam, exactly

Um ... what?
Keep on lying.

Some in both parties oppose free trade, that is why I am a lifelong registered independent.

That's an empty statement. Most conservatives support free trade and most leftists oppose it.

This is my point. You can't criticize Democrats. Then you say somehow that you're neutral. You're a leftist shill.

All the Democrats are blasting Trump over free trade. That's not a genuine argument, most of you oppose it. It's lame and partisan. You'll flip back to anti-free trade as soon as the spotlight is off Trump on this.

I didn't vote for Trump primarily over free trade and he seems to be determined to ensure that I don't vote for him again in 2020. I strongly oppose his anti-free trade policies. I strongly oppose his tariffs now.

I don't flip sides based on party like you do, and you're doing again by failing to acknowledge most Democrats are anti-free trade and being unwilling to criticize your party showing again you're lying like the rest of them

Most conservatives support free trade and most leftists oppose it.
Hogwash!

"President Reagan deployed similar trade measures when motorcycle and semiconductor imports threatened U.S. industry. I remember. His tariff on Japanese motorcycles was 45 percent, and his tariff to shield America’s semiconductor industry was 100 percent, and that had a big impact, folks. A big impact."
-Donald J Trump

Last edited:
Hogwash!

"President Reagan deployed similar trade measures when motorcycle and semiconductor imports threatened U.S. industry. I remember. His tariff on Japanese motorcycles was 45 percent, and his tariff to shield America’s semiconductor industry was 100 percent, and that had a big impact, folks. A big impact."
-Donald J Trump

The "person who" fallacy.

You don't even know that Democrats are overwhelmingly anti-free trade. Sure you don't. Liar.

You're just proving what I said. When this is off Trump, you'll flip back to anti-free trade with the rest of Democrats.

This is why I hate Democrats so much. I'm for free trade. You're all saying you are now, but none of you will be there when the opportunity comes to expand free trade. I could use your help and won't get it.

Just like military. You're against military use ... when there's a Republican in the white house. Then when a Democrats's back in power, you are for military use. The rubber never hits the road. As a libertarian, I could use your help on the issues we agree on. But I never get it. When it's your chance to deliver on your own rhetoric, you're nowhere to be found

Hogwash!

-Donald J Trump

You don't even know that Democrats are overwhelmingly anti-free trade. Sure you don't. Liar.

You're just proving what I said. When this is off Trump, you'll flip back to anti-free trade with the rest of Democrats.

This is why I hate Democrats so much. I'm for free trade. You're all saying you are now, but none of you will be there when the opportunity comes to expand free trade. I could use your help and won't get it.

Just like military. You're against military use ... when there's a Republican in the white house. Then when a Democrats's back in power, you are for military use. The rubber never hits the road. As a libertarian, I could use your help on the issues we agree on. But I never get it. When it's your chance to deliver on your own rhetoric, you're nowhere to be found
You just can't admit that the CON$ervative of all CON$ervatives, St Ronnie, was pro tariffs and Tramp, today's CON$ervoFascist is just like Reagan, pro tariffs, putting the lie to your "CON$ are free traders."

Hogwash!

-Donald J Trump

You just can't admit that the CON$ervative of all CON$ervatives, St Ronnie, was pro tariffs and Tramp, today's CON$ervoFascist is just like Reagan, pro tariffs, putting the lie to your "CON$ are free traders."

No, I can't admit that. Maybe I could admit it if I knew what the hell you're talking about, but now I can't.

You said Democrats aren't anti-free trade. Deal with your own issues before you worry about anyone else. There is no clearer admission that all of you attacking Trump for this will flip sides when the spotlight is off him.

I am actually free trade and didn't vote for Trump primarily because he said he's not. I could use some genuine support in opposing him. But when the video cameras are moved, you won't be behind me

Hogwash!

-Donald J Trump

No, I can't admit that. Maybe I could admit it if I knew what the hell you're talking about, but now I can't.

You said Democrats aren't anti-free trade. Deal with your own issues before you worry about anyone else. There is no clearer admission that all of you attacking Trump for this will flip sides when the spotlight is off him.

I am actually free trade and didn't vote for Trump primarily because he said he's not. I could use some genuine support in opposing him. But when the video cameras are moved, you won't be behind me
Actually, I said SOME Dems like SOME GOP are pro free trade and SOME are pro tariffs.

Again, if you look at my past posts I clearly said that the reason to support free trade was because of the comparative advantage it gives the traders and NOT party or ideology.

Hogwash!

-Donald J Trump

Actually, I said SOME Dems like SOME GOP are pro free trade and SOME are pro tariffs.

Again, if you look at my past posts I clearly said that the reason to support free trade was because of the comparative advantage it gives the traders and NOT party or ideology.

Right, but Democrats are overwhelmingly anti-free trade and you won't acknowledge that because you're like them. When the spotlight is off Trump, you'll go back to your natural anti-free trade ways.

I was free trade before Trump, I am free trade now, and I will be free trade later. You won't have my back. By the time another free trade bill comes up, you'll be gone

Hogwash!

-Donald J Trump

Right, but Democrats are overwhelmingly anti-free trade and you won't acknowledge that because you're like them. When the spotlight is off Trump, you'll go back to your natural anti-free trade ways.

I was free trade before Trump, I am free trade now, and I will be free trade later. You won't have my back. By the time another free trade bill comes up, you'll be gone
Just keep on lying and someday you will eventually convince yourself.

Just keep on lying and someday you will eventually convince yourself.

You're arguing that the Democrat party isn't anti-free trade and you're calling me a liar? I guess you probably aren't lying, you believe your 1984 double speak. It's dry outside, it's rained all day. You say nonsense. Until a Democrat says that, then you believe it.

Speaking of being a liar, let's go to your sig

"Accuse your opponents of what you are at present doing. Rush Limbaugh"

- Rush Limbaugh said that's what Democrats do. You're implying he said it's what he recommends. Whether you agree with him or not, your sig is a lie. He didn't say it the way you presented it

You know, when you are a messiah, when you have a messianic attitude about yourself,
nobody's supposed to doubt you. Rush Limbaugh

- Another lie. Rush said that about Obama, not himself

Don't doubt me. I say it, you believe it. That's the rule here. Rush Limbaugh

- You just hate him. Another quote out of context. Rush is funny. I'm a libertarian. As such, I tend to agree with him on fiscal issues and disagree with him on military and social issues. But he's funny. You just have a stick up your ass. Same reason you don't get Trump's humor

You're arguing that the Democrat party isn't anti-free trade and you're calling me a liar?
I'm not arguing anything about the Dems, which is why YOU are a liar for saying I am.
Get it, liar?

You know, when you are a messiah, when you have a messianic attitude about yourself,
nobody's supposed to doubt you
. Rush Limbaugh

Damn you are an idiot!
The whole point if my Russia Limbaugh quotes it to show his HYPOCRISY.
Of course he said that about Obama, that is the whole point of his hypocrisy, the reason he gives for a messianic attitude is that it is expressed by believing no one is to doubt you, which is HIS whole sthick!!!
Get it, fool???

nobody's supposed to doubt you
. Rush Limbaugh

Damn you are an idiot!
The whole point if my Russia Limbaugh quotes it to show his HYPOCRISY.
Of course he said that about Obama, that is the whole point of his hypocrisy, the reason he gives for a messianic attitude is that it is expressed by believing no one is to doubt you, which is HIS whole sthick!!!
Get it, fool???

1) That's not what your sig implies. Your sig clearly implies that he said it about himself, not Obama

2) Where does he do that? You just hate him and don't care what he says.

So you you think it should be illegal to not be a leftist? Or is it OK if we're not leftists as long as we STFU?

You're arguing that the Democrat party isn't anti-free trade and you're calling me a liar?
I'm not arguing anything about the Dems, which is why YOU are a liar for saying I am.
Get it, liar?

Let's go to the video tape

Actually, I said SOME Dems like SOME GOP are pro free trade and SOME are pro tariffs
And where exactly does "SOME" speak to ALL of either party?

You said "I'm not arguing anything about the Dems," which was a lie.

And Democrats are overwhelmingly anti-free trade. The only possible way that you would not notice that is that you are lying about being for free trade. If you actually were, you'd know that.

I realized Republicans were way too militaristic and moralistic, which is why I stopped being one. As in I stopped voting for them. That was almost 30 years ago.

You on the other hand only disagree with democrat positions when you're temporarily switching your views to attack Trump or other Republicans.

You never noticed it was Democrats who were Russia supporters not Republicans most of your life, did you? Another issue you switched sides on because of Trump, and you will flip back post Trump

Forum List

Back