Steel and Aluminum: Economics or Politics

Do you support the imposition of Tariffs

• Yes, it will create jobs

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • No, it will create a tariff war

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • No, it will create jobs in one sector, or force layoffs in other sectors of our economy

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
It will not benefit the economy at all, it will hurt it. It was done because a moron said he would do it and he will even if it fucks the country

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Thank you Pres. Trump!! ...
PXFML-9R8rIYd7U3gJg01nJrBdgKmAzBs9isbE6nV3KRY7nz7SqprA76-L2QxezVlLD_2O4-ckOLgfhEZ0-W4YSCt-OfmXNX5_dr=s0-d-e1-ft

Well he's done it. Now what?

Will it benefit our economy? Or is it solely a political move meant to keep the H. or Rep. under the Republican Leadership?
I think it will be politically useful for him in the rust belt, and the states he pulled out to win. The displaced former dem voters will like it, and the typical gop voters won't care. It's not going to create that many jobs because there aren't many jobs making what steel and aluminum we use. And, he's already said he'd make "adjustments" and he'll avert an outright trade war with out allies.

Now if he does something to actually crack down on Chinese theft of intellectual property ... that may actually be a good thing.

Will it benefit our economy? Or is it solely a political move meant to keep the H. or Rep. under the Republican Leadership?
I do not believe the USA should be disadvantaged by a trade deficit. What do ewe think?

Although I detest Trump and almost everything he stands for, I give him high marks for his speech this afternoon on tariffs. However, I will reserve final judgement until we see how it all works out. One thing I'm sure of - he gained some new friends among working class men and women today. My guess is that it was solely a "political" move. We shall see...

It will not benefit the economy at all, it will hurt it. It was done because a moron said he would do it and he will even if it fucks the country

How exactly is being perpetually in a trade deficit beneficial to the USA?

The same way it it beneficial to me to be perpetually in a trade deficit with my local grocery store. I could grow all of my own food and have my own cattle and pigs and chickens. But it is cheaper and easier for my to trade my money with the store to get those things. This benefits both me and the store.

The same way it is beneficial to me for my employer to perpetually be in a in a trade deficit with me. I have something that my employers wants, my technical and analytical skills. They are willing to trade me their money in exchange for my time and skills. This benefits both of us.

We have a trade deficit because the citizens of this country want to buy things that other countries make. Some countries produce products for a lower price and similar quality. It makes sense to pay less for these goods.

The same way it it beneficial to me to be perpetually in a trade deficit with my local grocery store. I could grow all of my own food and have my own cattle and pigs and chickens. But it is cheaper and easier for my to trade my money with the store to get those things. This benefits both me and the store.

The same way it is beneficial to me for my employer to perpetually be in a in a trade deficit with me. I have something that my employers wants, my technical and analytical skills. They are willing to trade me their money in exchange for my time and skills. This benefits both of us.

We have a trade deficit because the citizens of this country want to buy things that other countries make. Some countries produce products for a lower price and similar quality. It makes sense to pay less for these goods.
You are deeply in debt? And you like this why?

Swing and a miss....

Nope, not deeply in debt at all because I live within my means. When the wife and I decided we wanted a higher standard of living we both did something about it and quadrupled our family income in less than 7 years.

Our country is not in debt because of the trade deficit, it is in debt because the Fed Govt operates in a perpetually in the red. Our country does not live within its means. The trade deficit is not the Fed Govt giving money to other countries, it is you and I and every other resident of the country doing so.

wry obama put a tariff on foreign tires that from what i read hurt jobs here....i dont remember anyone getting on him for that...and as far as steel goes....we should be producing our own steel....

Nope, not deeply in debt at all because I live within my means. When the wife and I decided we wanted a higher standard of living we both did something about it and quadrupled our family income in less than 7 years.

Our country is not in debt because of the trade deficit, it is in debt because the Fed Govt operates in a perpetually in the red. Our country does not live within its means. The trade deficit is not the Fed Govt giving money to other countries, it is you and I and every other resident of the country doing so.
Oh, so you in fact are not running deficits at the grocers? Hhhhmmmmm.

Forum List

Back