Statins are a fraud

Statins and BP meds are prescribed to patients that have never had high cholesterol or high BP as a post-operation protocol to protect the doctors from liability. I had arterial blockages that required bypass surgery to correct, although I was otherwise in good health, with no history of high BP or cholesterol. I took the prescribed statins and BP meds for some years before they finally began to affect my general health. After I quit taking them my muscle strength improved as well as my BP which returned to the normal range. The worst effect I suffered was my BP, which while taking Lisinopril, was all over the place, even spiking so high that it required nitroglycerin to control it.
Agreed, I don't take anything at all. My husband was talked into statins for awhile but it made an elbow ache all the time. Turned out this is a common symptom! He went off it and no more achy elbow. He does take blood pressure meds but it's easy to see what does and doesn't work: he just tests it. (One of them turned out not to work at all! Poison-taking for nothing.)

I stay as far away from docs as I can get and I am well aware that I'm an unrealized asset: If they could just get AT me they could milk all the Medicare and insurance right out. By doing dozens of procedures and diagnostics and intrusive screenings and blood work and biopsies and prescriptions and prescription "management" visits and lots and lots of scare talk harassment. Anything to transfer the money from the accounts in my name to their bank accounts.

I take NO, (0) pills now but I'd be taking at least 6 a day like everyone else my age if I let them get at me, just poisons being ingested for no reason at all: I'm healthy. You think that would stop them from testing, testing, testing, and prescribing? No, it sure wouldn't.

Yes, I think diet is massively important. I had lost a lot of weight when going through chemo last year and was just trying to put a little on when I became aware I may have heart problems. I said no to statins and stopped all the eating of full fat milk and so on that I had been told would put on the weight but be easy to come off. Now I am 6 stone, two thirds of the weight I was a year ago and have discovered I have severe heart failure. So....I am thinking maybe I will go on the statins for a little while so that I can eat all the wrong things and put on some weight. Then when I have got to say eight and a half stone come off and go back on a vegan type diet.
Wishing you the best, Alexa!

I have been on Prevastatin for 11 years. I lost strength in my hands but I take CoQ10 and that has reversed the weakness.

Bypasses last between 8 and 9 years, then, they too clog up, and you have to have bypass surgery again.

Thanks to the statin my bypasses are still relatively clear. I have 68%ish blood flow which is extremely good for 11 years past bypass surgery.

So, yes statins are grossly over prescribed, but for those of us that create the lethal type of cholesterol they are a net positive.

If you don't mind my asking--how did you know you created the "lethal" cholesterol? Just the numbers? Did they look at your arteries? TIA

Make sure and do 10 or more push ups and walk at leat 200 yards before immediately taking your blood pressure. MY GAWD YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE A STROKE ! You need to take this lil pill the rest of your life !

And of course anyone who disagrees with you is a loon.

I hope you’ve gotten your fifth booster.

Nope not vaccinated, but look at you projecting. You do that so frequently it's funny.

If you don't mind my asking--how did you know you created the "lethal" cholesterol? Just the numbers? Did they look at your arteries? TIA

No, they analyzed my blood and figured it out that way. Just looking at the numbers doesn't tell you enough.

Yet another proof that healthcare in the USA, is a FRAUD. I am betting that this proof that statins are ineffective and harmful, will be ignored by the medical industry. Proving once again it is all about the money, and not about improving the health of Americans.

From fake news to fake medicine..to fake everything, in the good ole US of A.

FAKE MEDICINE: Call To Abandon Statin Drugs & Baby Aspirin
Baby-Aspirin, Statin Cholesterol Drugs Found To Have Null Effect On Heart Attacks And Heart Disease.
By Bill Sardi

September 19, 2018

----------

Meanwhile, a consortium of 17 prominent cardiologists, pointing to a study of 1.3 million patients, call on doctors to abandon use of statin cholesterol-lowering drugs to prevent heart disease saying they offer no protection. The strongest and most striking finding was elderly people with high levels of LDL-C, considered the most dangerous form of cholesterol, live the longest.

This landmark indictment of statin drugs was published in the Expert Review of Clinical Pharmacology journal and pointed to statistical deception that created the false appearance statin drugs are safe and effective for heart disease. Statin drugs are said to reduce the risk for a heart attack by 30%, but that is a relative number. Maybe 3 out of 100 adults experience a heart attack over a 5-year period and that risk is reduce to 2 out of 100, which is only a 1% risk reduction in hard numbers but a 33% drop in relative numbers. And statin drugs only prevent non-mortal heart attacks, not the deadly attacks.

The growing $19 billion global statin drug market with 221 million annual prescriptions(falsely) promises to prevent heart disease in 56 million Americans. Lipitor, the best selling drug of all time (~$125 billion), has been a fraud.

Fake Medicine - LewRockwell LewRockwell.com
Oh.

Nope not vaccinated, but look at you projecting. You do that so frequently it's funny.
Good for you old man. You know the vax is ineffective, but you don’t know this is also true of statins. Confused much? The same companies that brought us the vax bring you the statins. Still confused old man?

Here’s a couple of good columns for you by those darn loony doctors.
Statins Will Kill You - LewRockwell

Confirmed Again: Statin Drugs Accelerate Cardiovascular Disease - LewRockwell

Good for you old man. You know the vax is ineffective, but you don’t know this is also true of statins. Confused much? The same companies that brought us the vax bring you the statins. Still confused old man?

Here’s a couple of good columns for you by those darn loony doctors.
Statins Will Kill You - LewRockwell

Confirmed Again: Statin Drugs Accelerate Cardiovascular Disease - LewRockwell

I can tell you this, junior. Extremism is bad. No matter what you do, if you do it to the extreme, you are doing it wrong, and you are not thinking for yourself.

Statins are beneficial to some, but far far from all. I am one of those for whom they are beneficial.

All things that are ingested have a cost benefit ledger. ALL things. Even natural ones.

It is the blind fool who ignores that simple fact.

Hello, blind fool.....

I can tell you this, junior. Extremism is bad. No matter what you do, if you do it to the extreme, you are doing it wrong, and you are not thinking for yourself.

Statins are beneficial to some, but far far from all. I am one of those for whom they are beneficial.

All things that are ingested have a cost benefit ledger. ALL things. Even natural ones.

It is the blind fool who ignores that simple fact.

Hello, blind fool.....
Yeah I’m an extremist because I believe statins are harmful. Lol.

C’mon old man! You’re getting more like old Joe every day.

Yeah I’m an extremist because I believe statins are harmful. Lol.

C’mon old man! You’re getting more like old Joe every day.

No, you are an extremist because you demand I stop taking statins because YOU say so. And because I ignore you, you call me names.

DURRRRRR

No, you are an extremist because you demand I stop taking statins because YOU say so. And because I ignore you, you call me names.

DURRRRRR
WTF! I don’t demand shit old Joe. I hope you’re taking dementia drugs too.

You started with the name calling.

DURRRRRR

There is no drug that should be taken over a long duration.
They all either lose effect or accumulate side effects.
The proper treatment for high blood pressure is exercise and diet.
Statins only make things worse in the long run.

Forum List

Back