Statins are a fraud

I can tell you this, junior. Extremism is bad. No matter what you do, if you do it to the extreme, you are doing it wrong, and you are not thinking for yourself.

Statins are beneficial to some, but far far from all. I am one of those for whom they are beneficial.

All things that are ingested have a cost benefit ledger. ALL things. Even natural ones.

It is the blind fool who ignores that simple fact.

Hello, blind fool.....

It is not a question of cost benefit ledger, but of how the body is supposed to work, what can help it work right, and what just masks symptoms while causing side effects. No drugs work very well, all have side effects, and there is instead a better more natural way to make everything work.

No, they analyzed my blood and figured it out that way. Just looking at the numbers doesn't tell you enough.
Well, be sure to believe every word they tell you; they don't make a profit out of any of this testing and prescribing, do they?

Well, be sure to believe every word they tell you; they don't make a profit out of any of this testing and prescribing, do they?

I have friends in the medical field that I trust. They looked everything over and could find no fault.

My cardiologist never recommended I get vaxxed. Never required me to wear a mask when I had an appointment, and has been a very hands off doctor. I have had two 5 year stress tests, both of which I passed.

My uncle died of a heart attack at the age of 38, so you tell me. Should I look at the evidence presented, or should I pay more attention to a anonymous person on a message board?🤔

It is not a question of cost benefit ledger, but of how the body is supposed to work, what can help it work right, and what just masks symptoms while causing side effects. No drugs work very well, all have side effects, and there is instead a better more natural way to make everything work.

Not every body is the same. Some operate better on a plant based diet, some work better on a meat based diet. It is a foolish person who ignores the biology of the individual.

I have friends in the medical field that I trust. They looked everything over and could find no fault.

My cardiologist never recommended I get vaxxed. Never required me to wear a mask when I had an appointment, and has been a very hands off doctor. I have had two 5 year stress tests, both of which I passed.

My uncle died of a heart attack at the age of 38, so you tell me. Should I look at the evidence presented, or should I pay more attention to a anonymous person on a message board?🤔
You should keep on drinking the Kool-aide; you're addicted to it.

Everyone I know who took statins for any length of time, has hardened arteries.
Not proof, but very suspicious.
Probably because they have coronary artery disease. Which is why they were prescribed a statin at some point.

That’s like saying it’s suspicious that people who’ve been on metformin for a long time have diabetes-related health problems like foot ulcers or neuropathy. It’s not very smart logic.

I have always thought statins were a fraud. About 10 yrs ago i did have chest pain and was taken in for a cardiac cath. The Doctor said I had "pristine arteries". And, that the cause was GI. Then he handed me a prescription for Lipitor. I do have high cholesterol numbers and have since literally was 18. Anyway, I said, Doc if I have PRISTINE arteries and my cholesterol number has been high for decades why do i now need to take this statin?? He just glared at me and walked out and I tossed the script in the trash. No thanks

I have always thought statins were a fraud. About 10 yrs ago i did have chest pain and was taken in for a cardiac cath. The Doctor said I had "pristine arteries". And, that the cause was GI. Then he handed me a prescription for Lipitor. I do have high cholesterol numbers and have since literally was 18. Anyway, I said, Doc if I have PRISTINE arteries and my cholesterol number has been high for decades why do i now need to take this statin?? He just glared at me and walked out and I tossed the script in the trash. No thanks
Establishment doctors always expose themselves for the frauds they are.

I did much the same with my doctor over ten years ago.

You have another chance. No statins are not necessary for you but if you want to be really healthy and live long life maybe change your diet.

Last edited:
You have another chance. No statins are not necessary for you but if you want to be really healthy and live long life maybe change your diet.
There is NOTHING wrong with my diet. I don't eat crap. I eat very healthy and exercise. I have familial high cholesterol. It's not diet related. I have had high cholesterol for DECADES but yet i have "PRISTINE" coronary artieries. So you wanna try again?

There is NOTHING wrong with my diet. I don't eat crap. I eat very healthy and exercise. I have familial high cholesterol. It's not diet related. I have had high cholesterol for DECADES but yet i have "PRISTINE" coronary artieries. So you wanna try again?
I wasn't trying to be rude to you. Possibly projecting on you. I had high cholesterol about ten years ago. I couldn't really understand why. Had used Olive oil for most of my life and was vegetarian. The only thing I could think of was I had a slight liking for chocolate. My Dr gave me the choice of going on statins or getting my cholesterol down. I chose to get my cholesterol down which I did by cutting out everything I could which could possibly be causing it. I wasn't fat but lost 2 stone. My Dr told me he thought I should really take care as he thought I was heading for a stroke or heart attack and for whatever reason he thought heart attack. I suspect because my blood pressure tended to be high which they usually put down to stress of having it taken! It was probably not good because I then moved up to Scotland where they do not do yearly health checks as in England. So long story which eventually ended with me being found to have severe heart failure a couple of months ago. I was angry with myself for not keeping to the diet which had brought my cholesterol down and that I think was why I wrote that post to you. Not in any way meaning to be superior. As it happens my cholesterol is fine probably because I have lost a massive amount of weight in the last year. They now believe the reason for my heart failure was chemo I had 17 years ago!

anyway sorry for upsetting you.

I wasn't trying to be rude to you. Possibly projecting on you. I had high cholesterol about ten years ago. I couldn't really understand why. Had used Olive oil for most of my life and was vegetarian. The only thing I could think of was I had a slight liking for chocolate. My Dr gave me the choice of going on statins or getting my cholesterol down. I chose to get my cholesterol down which I did by cutting out everything I could which could possibly be causing it. I wasn't fat but lost 2 stone. My Dr told me he thought I should really take care as he thought I was heading for a stroke or heart attack and for whatever reason he thought heart attack. I suspect because my blood pressure tended to be high which they usually put down to stress of having it taken! It was probably not good because I then moved up to Scotland where they do not do yearly health checks as in England. So long story which eventually ended with me being found to have severe heart failure a couple of months ago. I was angry with myself for not keeping to the diet which had brought my cholesterol down and that I think was why I wrote that post to you. Not in any way meaning to be superior. As it happens my cholesterol is fine probably because I have lost a massive amount of weight in the last year. They now believe the reason for my heart failure was chemo I had 17 years ago!

anyway sorry for upsetting you.
Ok thanks. Good points. It's a familial hereditary issue. My doc said "I could eat oats till I bray" and it's not going to significantly change my cholesterol. His words! lol Sorry to be defensive, sometimes hard to get one someone means through posting.

But, I agree, good diet, exercise, rest, etc are all the things we should want to do to maintain good health. It's just nowadays everyone gets so militant about you MUST do this because I did or my Doctor said this. But there are multiple approaches to life and to one's health so everyone should find what works best for them.

Ok thanks. Good points. It's a familial hereditary issue. My doc said "I could eat oats till I bray" and it's not going to significantly change my cholesterol. His words! lol Sorry to be defensive, sometimes hard to get one someone means through posting.

But, I agree, good diet, exercise, rest, etc are all the things we should want to do to maintain good health. It's just nowadays everyone gets so militant about you MUST do this because I did or my Doctor said this. But there are multiple approaches to life and to one's health so everyone should find what works best for them.
very true. Thank you.

Not every body is the same. Some operate better on a plant based diet, some work better on a meat based diet. It is a foolish person who ignores the biology of the individual.

I doubt plant or meat makes that much difference, since we historically have done fine on either.
The point I mean was that everyone I know who has been on statins for over 10 years, has ended up with extremely hardened arteries.
They can no longer exercise because their arteries and veins no longer dilate.
So it appears anecdotally, that statins are extremely dangerous.
They lower blood cholesterol counts, but create more harm then what they were supposed to fix.
And they are not at all necessary, since anyone can easily reduce blood cholesterol just by diet and exercise.

I doubt plant or meat makes that much difference, since we historically have done fine on either.
The point I mean was that everyone I know who has been on statins for over 10 years, has ended up with extremely hardened arteries.
They can no longer exercise because their arteries and veins no longer dilate.
So it appears anecdotally, that statins are extremely dangerous.
They lower blood cholesterol counts, but create more harm then what they were supposed to fix.
And they are not at all necessary, since anyone can easily reduce blood cholesterol just by diet and exercise.

Then you have never researched anything in your life.

You are hereby dismissed.

Then you have never researched anything in your life.

You are hereby dismissed.

Nonsense.
Cholesterol is produced by the body because it is necessary.
All cell walls, blood vessels, the brain, etc. are made from lipids, which are cholesterol.
So statins are extremely dangerous and irresponsible drugs to prescribe.

Nonsense.
Cholesterol is produced by the body because it is necessary.
All cell walls, blood vessels, the brain, etc. are made from lipids, which are cholesterol.
So statins are extremely dangerous and irresponsible drugs to prescribe.

Yes, you post nonsense on a regular basis. Some cholesterol is good. Some is bad. Statins control the bad better than any other method.

The main source of cholesterol is NOT your diet. Your body produces cholesterol. This is also another case of "defining down" the "normal". Years ago a normal range of total cholesterol was up to 300+. That was considered in the realm of "normal". Go find some old medical text books from the early 80s or earlier. And they just kept "defining down" normal then suddenly the vast majority now have "high cholesterol" . But, so what? Despite them literally pouring statins down our throats, very few studies have shown any real reduction in morbidity (complications like heart attacks) or mortality (death). So I sit here with "familial hypercholesterolemia" but yet being in my 50's with "pristine coronary arteries" so no evidence of any damage from simply having a higher number on a lab panel. There are a other things that go into heart disease like free radicals and many other things. So they simply are treating a Number when we used to look more at treating the actual Patient.

But, again yes, we need to take care of our bodies or we are going to feel and look like crap and die early from any number of things. I exercise, maintain my weight and and rarely eat out, don't smoke, etc. I feel good , am active and live a good lifestyle and I don't feel like i need a bunch of big Pharma to keep me alive.

The main source of cholesterol is NOT your diet. Your body produces cholesterol. This is also another case of "defining down" the "normal". Years ago a normal range of total cholesterol was up to 300+. That was considered in the realm of "normal". Go find some old medical text books from the early 80s or earlier. And they just kept "defining down" normal then suddenly the vast majority now have "high cholesterol" . But, so what? Despite them literally pouring statins down our throats, very few studies have shown any real reduction in morbidity (complications like heart attacks) or mortality (death). So I sit here with "familial hypercholesterolemia" but yet being in my 50's with "pristine coronary arteries" so no evidence of any damage from simply having a higher number on a lab panel. There are a other things that go into heart disease like free radicals and many other things. So they simply are treating a Number when we used to look more at treating the actual Patient.

But, again yes, we need to take care of our bodies or we are going to feel and look like crap and die early from any number of things. I exercise, maintain my weight and and rarely eat out, don't smoke, etc. I feel good , am active and live a good lifestyle and I don't feel like i need a bunch of big Pharma to keep me alive.

As has been said before, there are TWO types of cholesterol, one good, one bad.

If you have a cholesterol reading of 10,000, but it is the good kind of cholesterol, you won't haveva peoblem.

OTOH, if you have a cholesterol reading of 50, but it's the bad kind, you are going to develop clogged arteries. You are correct in that your diet doesn't matter. Eating "healthy" doesn't matter if your body creates the bad type of cholesterol.

Forum List

Back