Statins are a fraud

Discussion in 'Health and Lifestyle' started by gipper, Sep 19, 2018.

1. gipper

gipper Libertarian/Anarchist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,384
    Yet another proof that healthcare in the USA, is a FRAUD. I am betting that this proof that statins are ineffective and harmful, will be ignored by the medical industry. Proving once again it is all about the money, and not about improving the health of Americans.

From fake news to fake medicine..to fake everything, in the good ole US of A.

FAKE MEDICINE: Call To Abandon Statin Drugs & Baby Aspirin
    Baby-Aspirin, Statin Cholesterol Drugs Found To Have Null Effect On Heart Attacks And Heart Disease.
    By Bill Sardi

September 19, 2018

----------

Meanwhile, a consortium of 17 prominent cardiologists, pointing to a study of 1.3 million patients, call on doctors to abandon use of statin cholesterol-lowering drugs to prevent heart disease saying they offer no protection. The strongest and most striking finding was elderly people with high levels of LDL-C, considered the most dangerous form of cholesterol, live the longest.

This landmark indictment of statin drugs was published in the Expert Review of Clinical Pharmacology journal and pointed to statistical deception that created the false appearance statin drugs are safe and effective for heart disease. Statin drugs are said to reduce the risk for a heart attack by 30%, but that is a relative number. Maybe 3 out of 100 adults experience a heart attack over a 5-year period and that risk is reduce to 2 out of 100, which is only a 1% risk reduction in hard numbers but a 33% drop in relative numbers. And statin drugs only prevent non-mortal heart attacks, not the deadly attacks.

The growing $19 billion global statin drug market with 221 million annual prescriptions(falsely) promises to prevent heart disease in 56 million Americans. Lipitor, the best selling drug of all time (~$125 billion), has been a fraud.

Fake Medicine - LewRockwell LewRockwell.com

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. Ringel05

Ringel05 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +28,581
    You act like doctors are the gods they think they are and that they know everything there is to know about the human physiology.........
    Oh and Bill Sardi is a loon, everyone knows he's a loon.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. irosie91

irosie91 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,896
    old news------I IS THE MEDICAL ESTABLISHMENT-----and took hubby off
    statins-----three years ago. IMHO---the aspirin thing is still a thing under
    investigation

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. gipper

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,384
    It sure is old news yet the medical establishment still pushes them on unsuspecting patients. Many have been irreparably harmed.

However the study I cited in the OP is new and further proves the ineffectiveness of statins.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. irosie91

irosie91 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,896
    studies are repeated to CONFIRM-----that's the custom. Medicine is not
    easy ----it is complicated------now be a good boy and swallow your cod liver
    oil.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  6. gipper

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,384
    Apparently you are unaware that the statin industry is a GROWING $19 BILLION industry. So, many docs are still prescribing them knowing full well they do more harm than good. It is all about the money honey.

You should be thinking me for informing you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. irosie91

irosie91 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,896
    doctors make money when the pharmacy dispenses a med? Sheeeesh---
    I never did. Where do I go to collect on all the scripts I wrote? I never
    prescribed a statin. Hubby's doc did and when STUFF came out----I discontinued him. I have never prescribed DA BLUE PILL-----despite
    incessant demands (and bribe offers). Chances are if you eat yer spinach----
    you do not need the cod liver oil. Sometimes-----some docs BELIEVE a particular
    med to be RELATIVELY speaking ---beneficial despite studies or other information. There was an anti convulsant FELBAMATE that got into
    trouble that some docs SWORE BY------REMEMBER "pharmacology is
    differential toxicology" Any news on Bromocriptine?

8. gipper

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,384
    You are the loon.
    back up your slanderous statement about Bill Sardi, or else you are the loon.

9. gipper

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,384
    That is most ignorant. Doctors should be about healing first making money last. They make shit loads of money. Why not do it right?

10. Ringel05

Ringel05 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +28,581
    Hello Mr clueless, how ya doin' today? Do you even have the slightest idea of how medical research is done? Why statins went from being good to bad and how they'll go from bad to good in the near future? (Yes it has to do with money but not completely in the way you think, think 'grants' and media sensationalism).
    As for Sardi:
    bill sardi is a loon - Google Search

Oh yeah and........

Why Most Published Research Findings Are False

BTW, how are you and your Martian friends getting along?

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2018