States Where People Make More on Welfare than Minimum Wage

I found this article where people make more money being on welfare than working minimum wage. This is why the minimum wage needs to be higher... it would do wonders on saving the government money on welfare programs, and only people that HAVE to be on welfare would be.

States Where Welfare Recipients Are Paid More Than Minimum Wage

This is why the minimum wage needs to be higher..

Of course! The best way to help low-skilled Americans is to price them out of the job market.

Why didn't I think of that?

it would do wonders on saving the government money on welfare programs,

When minimum wage workers get laid off, does the government spend more or less on welfare?

And yet again! Every worker that isn't a degreed/certificate worker is low skilled.

I found this article where people make more money being on welfare than working minimum wage. This is why the minimum wage needs to be higher... it would do wonders on saving the government money on welfare programs, and only people that HAVE to be on welfare would be.

th

Perhaps if you progressives weren't such bleeding hearts and demanding that over twenty million illegals should be here minimum wage would increase so those jobs would pay higher than what you can mooch.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Not a liberal... Why in the fuck would I say I'm not a Liberal all the time when there are plenty of Liberals on here that are proud of it?

th

I'm sorry... If you sound like a progressive and smell like a progressive I naturally assume that you're a progressive.

Forgive me for profiling your progressive nature.

*****CHUCKLE*****

th

Perhaps if you progressives weren't such bleeding hearts and demanding that over twenty million illegals should be here minimum wage would increase so those jobs would pay higher than what you can mooch.

*****SMILE*****

Not a liberal... Why in the fuck would I say I'm not a Liberal all the time when there are plenty of Liberals on here that are proud of it?

th

I'm sorry... If you sound like a progressive and smell like a progressive I naturally assume that you're a progressive.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Caring about people is progressive? I'm also pro-guns, pro-life, and pro-military...

Welfare programs are based on the amounts of each category needed to get by... the fact that these costs are more than a person can make on minimum wage should show you that it isn't about lowering the welfare programs, but instead raising the minimum wage to what is really a "living wage."

th

*****SMILE*****

th

*****CHUCKLE*****

Caring about people is progressive? I'm also pro-guns, pro-life, and pro-military...

th

I don't see you denying that you want the illegal foreign nationals here.

*****SMILE*****

th

*****SMILE*****

th

*****CHUCKLE*****

th

*****SMILE*****

Why would I argue that here? It's not the point of the thread.

th

*****SMILE*****

th

*****CHUCKLE*****

th

*****SMILE*****

th

What don't you understand about supply and demand?

Shall we open the floodgates to legal immigration and allow say fifty million or more; doctors, nurses, journalists, teachers, etc,.. into the country and watch what happens to the cost of services in those various specialties?

I'm all for it so long as progressive wish to pursue their stance on illegal immigration.

*****SMILE*****

th

*****CHUCKLE*****

th

*****SMILE*****

th

Shall we open the floodgates to legal immigration and all say fifty million or more doctors, nurses, journalists, teachers, etc,.. into the country and watch what happens to the cost of services in those various specialties?

I'm all for it so long as progressive wish to pursue their stance on illegal immigration.

*****SMILE*****

What don't you understand about staying on topic? If you want to argue about illegal immigration go to an illegal immigration thread. This is about the average amount of welfare in a state being worth more than the minimum wage in a state. If you can't stay on topic I suggest you crawl back to the flamezone where anything goes. :)

BTW, most states on this list are in the New England area and don't have an illegal immigration problem.

th

*****CHUCKLE*****

th

*****SMILE*****

th

Shall we open the floodgates to legal immigration and all say fifty million or more doctors, nurses, journalists, teachers, etc,.. into the country and watch what happens to the cost of services in those various specialties?

*****SMILE*****

What don't you understand about staying on topic? If you want to argue about illegal immigration go to an illegal immigration thread. This is about the average amount of welfare in a state being worth more than the minimum wage in a state. If you can't stay on topic I suggest you crawl back to the flamezone where anything goes. :)

BTW, most states on this list are in the New England area and don't have an illegal immigration problem.

th

I am on topic. You want to see minimum wage increase then don't allow the low wage market to be flooded by illegal foreign nationals. The other option available is to open the flood gates to legal immigration to counter the affects of allowing all those low wage workers to flood the market.

*****SMILE*****

Last edited:
"CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (KCRG TV9) August 22, 2017-- A major transportation company in eastern Iowa hopes a 15 percent wage increase will entice more people to join the company.

CRST+.jpg

CRST joins the national trend of being short staffed for truck drivers.

A report from the American Trucking Association shows in 2014, the trucking industry was short 38,000 drivers. This year's number is expected to reach about 100,000. And by 2024, it could climb as high as 175-thousand.

President of CRST, Cameron Holzer, says the company needs to hire at least 200 to fill the fleet, which is roughly 4,000 drivers. But even after those spots are filled, Holzer says the company will likely keep hiring new positions to expand the fleet.

"Our truck drivers go nationwide, so they're based in Iowa but they're gone for days at a time," Holzer said.

Holzer hopes the wage increase will not only keep people but keep current employees.

This shortage of drivers CRST is experiencing is nothing new."
CRST announces 15 percent wage increase

They raise pay by 15% when their drivers are 50% underpaid? How is that going to help?

"Our truck drivers go nationwide, so they're based in Iowa but they're gone for days at a time," Holzer said.

I've had conversations with over the road truck drivers. They're gone weeks (if not longer) at a time.

I have respect for these women and men, they do an impossible job for dirt pay.

th

*****SMILE*****

th

*****SMILE*****

th

I am on topic. You want to see minimum wage increase then don't allow the low wage market to be flooded by illegal foreign nationals. The other option available is to open the flood gates to legal immigration to counter the affects of allowing all those low wage workers to flood the market.

*****SMILE*****

Non sequitur

Let me explain something to you ONE more time. Illegal immigration doesn't matter. If you actually went to the link I provided you would see that most of the top states on the list DON'T have an illegal immigration problem. What you would also notice is that the information is based on the amounts of welfare a family can get against the amount a person in that same state can make on minimum wage... it has NOTHING to do with state totals of welfare given out...

Now, one last time, please stay on topic. If you can't... I've asked you three times now. This isn't the Flamezone where you can post whatever you want.

crawl.jpg

"CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (KCRG TV9) August 22, 2017-- A major transportation company in eastern Iowa hopes a 15 percent wage increase will entice more people to join the company.

CRST+.jpg

CRST joins the national trend of being short staffed for truck drivers.

A report from the American Trucking Association shows in 2014, the trucking industry was short 38,000 drivers. This year's number is expected to reach about 100,000. And by 2024, it could climb as high as 175-thousand.

President of CRST, Cameron Holzer, says the company needs to hire at least 200 to fill the fleet, which is roughly 4,000 drivers. But even after those spots are filled, Holzer says the company will likely keep hiring new positions to expand the fleet.

Holzer hopes the wage increase will not only keep people but keep current employees.

This shortage of drivers CRST is experiencing is nothing new."
CRST announces 15 percent wage increase

They raise pay by 15% when their drivers are 50% underpaid? How is that going to help?

I've had conversations with over the road truck drivers. They're gone weeks (if not longer) at a time.

I have respect for these women and men, they do an impossible job for dirt pay.

Not to mention, how many truck drivers do you find that aren't either really out of shape from sitting down all the time driving and eating unhealthy food on the road, or have bad backs from sitting down all the time and from working on their truck and loads.

Truck driver...paid training...begging for drivers.

Trucker shortage shows no signs of slowing down | Seattle Times

$41,000 average per year.

Find one of those jobs and post it.
Took 10 seconds...first place I looked... $50,000 per year, regoinal out of St. Louis...three months experience required.

DriveJBHunt.com - Jobs for Truck Drivers at J.B. Hunt

From you link: "While pay methods do vary by operating group and job type, one thing is certain - when you drive with J.B. Hunt, your paycheck is a guaranteed delivery."

Which means maybe $56k/yr.

You're a fool.

Truck driver...paid training...begging for drivers.

Trucker shortage shows no signs of slowing down | Seattle Times

$41,000 average per year.

Find one of those jobs and post it.
Took 10 seconds...first place I looked... $50,000 per year, regoinal out of St. Louis...three months experience required.

DriveJBHunt.com - Jobs for Truck Drivers at J.B. Hunt

From you link: "While pay methods do vary by operating group and job type, one thing is certain - when you drive with J.B. Hunt, your paycheck is a guaranteed delivery."

Which means maybe $56k/yr.

You're a fool.

th

So you think twenty million illegals aren't living in states that have declared sanctuary cities... Got it.;)

As for three or four of the states I note listed I'm going with they have large Native American nations in them so the welfare difference is substantial enough to offset the figures presented.

So just where are all those illegals living? Iowa?

*****SARCASTIC CHUCKLE*****

Last edited:
Simple solution...

Eliminate welfare. Problem solved.

Corporations should pay back their welfare received and fund social welfare they caused.

A corporation is, for legal purposes, an individual entity.

So, as long as we have a welfare system for individuals, corporations are entitled to it.

At least when corporations get welfare, they don't spend it on malt liquor and crack.

Forum List

Back