State Takes Legal Action to Seize $135K From Bakers Who Refused to Make Cake for Lesbian Couple

Status
Not open for further replies.
The two lesbians stated that they do not want any money from the Kleins:

Talking about the personal reasons, Aaron cited a July interview in Willamette Week, where the complainants suggested that the case wasn’t about money.

“We didn’t have a choice in how this was prosecuted,” Rachel Bowman-Cryer said. “We didn’t have a choice in the fine. If we had been given the option, we probably would have said: ‘Just apologize. Just say you’re sorry and go away.’”

Her wife, Laurel, added, “[W]e’re not asking for anything. We’ve never asked for a penny from anybody.”

“When you have these girls come out and say we never wanted the money,” Aaron said, “it wasn’t about the money and we don’t need the money … and I say this isn’t right, I shouldn’t have to pay this money, and the only person saying the money should exchange hands seems to be Brad Avakian.”
They aren't going to voluntarily pay and the state will have a very difficult time collecting.

:thup:
why do you think the state would have difficulty collection on a judgment?

They can simply file Chapter 7 Bankruptcy and the judgement will be dismissed.
can they? i wouldn't be so certain. chapter 7 doesn't wipe out fines owed to the government.

Sure they can. The only things you cannot BK out of are student loans and delinquent taxes.
you are misinformed.

Religious persecution is as old as Religion itself. American and European Christians are under assault. The Left has it in for em. It's time to face that reality head-on. You have to stand up. It's the only choice Christians have.

fine. but my God doesn't tell me it's a sin to make pastries and i don't understand how anyone could believe it is. So i'm going to continue to consider those people dumbasses

The Diety I believe in considers it improper to have ANY interaction with immoral individuals of EVERY type.
you must live a very solitary existence - and i don't know if you claim to be christian but if you do i'd also say you're living a very un-christ like existence

Religious persecution is as old as Religion itself. American and European Christians are under assault. The Left has it in for em. It's time to face that reality head-on. You have to stand up. It's the only choice Christians have.
really? can you give us an example?

The two lesbians stated that they do not want any money from the Kleins:

Talking about the personal reasons, Aaron cited a July interview in Willamette Week, where the complainants suggested that the case wasn’t about money.

“We didn’t have a choice in how this was prosecuted,” Rachel Bowman-Cryer said. “We didn’t have a choice in the fine. If we had been given the option, we probably would have said: ‘Just apologize. Just say you’re sorry and go away.’”

Her wife, Laurel, added, “[W]e’re not asking for anything. We’ve never asked for a penny from anybody.”

“When you have these girls come out and say we never wanted the money,” Aaron said, “it wasn’t about the money and we don’t need the money … and I say this isn’t right, I shouldn’t have to pay this money, and the only person saying the money should exchange hands seems to be Brad Avakian.”
They aren't going to voluntarily pay and the state will have a very difficult time collecting.

:thup:

can they? i wouldn't be so certain. chapter 7 doesn't wipe out fines owed to the government.

Sure they can. The only things you cannot BK out of are student loans and delinquent taxes.
you are misinformed.

I stand corrected. They may not be able to BK out of the judgement.

Chapter 7 Nondischargeable Debts
In a Chapter 7 case, the most common types of debts that can’t be discharged are:

• Taxes and tax liens
  • Student loans
  • Alimony and child support (domestic support obligations)
  • Debts obtained through fraud, false pretenses or false representation
  • Debts you failed to schedule in time to allow creditors to file proofs of claim (unscheduled debts)
  • Debts for fraud while you were acting in a fiduciary capacity, or for embezzlement or larceny
  • Debts for willful and malicious injury
  • Debts for fines or penalties to governmental units
  • Debts for judgments in wrongful death or personal injury lawsuits resulting from motor vehicle, vessel or aircraft accidents while you were intoxicated
  • Condominium or cooperative association fees or assessments

Everyone knows Communists/Progressives are obsessed with hating Christians. They've done everything they could to destroy the faith. This is especially true in Western Europe. Now the Churches sit empty while the Mosques are filled to capacity.

The American Left is conducting the same 'War on Christians' here. Americans are just gonna have to stand up for their religious freedoms and practices. They have no choice at this point.

Everyone knows Communists/Progressives are obsessed with hating Christians. They've done everything they could to destroy the faith. This is especially true in Western Europe. Now the Churches sit empty while the Mosques are filled to capacity.

The American Left is conducting the same 'War on Christians' here. Americans are just gonna have to stand up for their religious freedoms and practices. They have no choice at this point.
everyone knows it. you can't give an example, but everyone knows it's happening.

everyone knows it. you can't give an example, but everyone knows it's happening.

Yes we know, ALL HAIL 'PISS CHRIST!'

pisschrist_extendo_by_erevis.jpg

you are misinformed.

In a Chapter 7 case, the most common types of debts that can’t be discharged are:

• Taxes and tax liens
  • Student loans
  • Debts you failed to schedule in time to allow creditors to file proofs of claim (unscheduled debts)
  • Debts for fraud while you were acting in a fiduciary capacity, or for embezzlement or larceny
  • Debts for judgments in wrongful death or personal injury lawsuits resulting from motor vehicle, vessel or aircraft accidents while you were intoxicated

I think that list pretty much tells you how bad the bankruptcy law is in the United States when you cannot discharge debt from a list that long.

you are misinformed.

• Taxes and tax liens
  • Student loans

I think that list pretty much tells you how bad the bankruptcy law is in the United States when you cannot discharge debt from a list that long.

If the authoritarians had their way we'd still have debtors prisons.....

So this money is to pay for the homos pain and suffering for not getting a cake baked?

This is how you teach the law to the ineducable.
You mean this is how you break the spirit of religious people,stomp on religious liberty and force them to choose between principles and doing what a state ORDERS it to do illegally. Just remember. A man who has lost everything has nothing left to lose. AKA keep pissing people off and taking what they have and leave them with nothing you are going to end up with a very pissed off,armed populous that has nothing left to lose.

So this money is to pay for the homos pain and suffering for not getting a cake baked?

You mean this is how you break the spirit of religious people,stomp on religious liberty and force them to choose between principles and doing what a state ORDERS it to do illegally. Just remember. A man who has lost everything has nothing left to lose. AKA keep pissing people off and taking what they have and leave them with nothing you are going to end up with a very pissed off,armed populous that has nothing left to lose.

If your religion teaches the illegal persecution of others, then you're either in the wrong religion, or in the wrong country.

If your religion teaches the illegal persecution of others, then you're either in the wrong religion, or in the wrong country.
Not baking a cake now is persecution....good god....you fucking liberals have gone off the fucking deep end....now what IS persecution is fining,threatening to jail,confiscate their business,home,car etc for not making a cake. THAT is persecution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back