State Takes Legal Action to Seize $135K From Bakers Who Refused to Make Cake for Lesbian Couple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Police States are fun, huh?
police state? guess you prefer anarchy

Opposing Police States does not = Anarchy.
if you believe that the civil judgment against the bakers constitutes a police state then yes, you must prefer anarchy.

If you believe that a fine which would in essence put a bakery out of business is a commensurate punishment for the thought crime of following one's religion, then you really are thoroughly marinated in Tyrannical Ideology.
no thought crime involved.
the action of discrimination based on sexual orientation was involved.
and the fine was completely avoidable.

if you believe that the civil judgment against the bakers constitutes a police state then yes, you must prefer anarchy.

I think they should be sent off to GITMO. Very dangerous enemies of the State. You can't have people defending their religious beliefs and practices. That's very suspect criminal behavior. Let's ship em off to GITMO, just to be safe.

Your strawman is burning.

The only alternative to a Police State is not Anarchy.

The real alternative is a broad middle of Civil Society in which individuals manage their voluntary interactions with other individuals.
so everyone manages for themselves... gee, that sounds like anarchy

You sad little booby. It must be painful to be so ignorant and apparently socially awkward.

Civil Society is where most of life occurs, but is what is being increasingly destroyed by government interference. It functions best with limited, common sense laws which the government is charged with enforcing fairly: laws against violence, fraud, and theft.

State Takes Legal Action to Seize $135K From Oregon Bakers

Nope no harm done to you if you disagree with homosexuality and won't bend to their will. None at all. Just lose your business,money,freedom,house,cars etc etc etc. Great thing about the internet is it NEVER loses its memory so when time comes it will be fairly simple to find the scum who destroyed this nation and get revenge.

Lesson lost on the haters of just make the fucking cake and save yourself $135k.
And condemn themselves to eternal hell. Not a good deal.
Jesus is laughing at you.

If you believe that a fine which would in essence put a bakery out of business is a commensurate punishment for the thought crime of following one's religion, then you really are thoroughly marinated in Tyrannical Ideology.

It's a government sanctioned thought crime, bub.

The veneer is transparent.

I think they should be sent off to GITMO. Very dangerous enemies of the State. You can't have people defending their religious beliefs and practices. That's very suspect criminal behavior. Let's ship em off to GITMO, just to be safe.
interesting that you have to resort to hyperbole to make the case that the fine constitutes a police state - it's almost as if the facts alone don't support your conclusion.

They aren't following their religion. They are using it as an excuse for bigotry .

Law says a biz can't discriminate because someone is gay . If you don't like it , don't go into business .

Religious rights and freedoms are under assault. Especially Christian beliefs and practices. The Communists/Progressives have always had it in for Christians.

We've seen this in Western Europe as well. Now the Churches sit empty while the Mosques are packed to capacity. American Christians will just have to stand up. It's gonna be a fight.

The two lesbians stated that they do not want any money from the Kleins:

Talking about the personal reasons, Aaron cited a July interview in Willamette Week, where the complainants suggested that the case wasn’t about money.

“We didn’t have a choice in how this was prosecuted,” Rachel Bowman-Cryer said. “We didn’t have a choice in the fine. If we had been given the option, we probably would have said: ‘Just apologize. Just say you’re sorry and go away.’”

Her wife, Laurel, added, “[W]e’re not asking for anything. We’ve never asked for a penny from anybody.”

“When you have these girls come out and say we never wanted the money,” Aaron said, “it wasn’t about the money and we don’t need the money … and I say this isn’t right, I shouldn’t have to pay this money, and the only person saying the money should exchange hands seems to be Brad Avakian.”
They aren't going to voluntarily pay and the state will have a very difficult time collecting.

:thup:
why do you think the state would have difficulty collection on a judgment?

They can simply file Chapter 7 Bankruptcy and the judgement will be dismissed.

The far right morality police are just pissed off they can't tell the rest of us how to live our lives.

It's a government sanctioned thought crime, bub.

The veneer is transparent.
no, it's an action. they can think whatever they want, they can campaign for whatever laws they want. they can donate to causes that seek to repeal the law and allow them to discriminate against whomever they want.
the thoughts are not illegal.
however, they broke the law when they choose not to serve customers based on their sexual orientation. that's an action, not a thought.

Talking about the personal reasons, Aaron cited a July interview in Willamette Week, where the complainants suggested that the case wasn’t about money.

“We didn’t have a choice in how this was prosecuted,” Rachel Bowman-Cryer said. “We didn’t have a choice in the fine. If we had been given the option, we probably would have said: ‘Just apologize. Just say you’re sorry and go away.’”

Her wife, Laurel, added, “[W]e’re not asking for anything. We’ve never asked for a penny from anybody.”

“When you have these girls come out and say we never wanted the money,” Aaron said, “it wasn’t about the money and we don’t need the money … and I say this isn’t right, I shouldn’t have to pay this money, and the only person saying the money should exchange hands seems to be Brad Avakian.”
They aren't going to voluntarily pay and the state will have a very difficult time collecting.

Not always, not usually, but nice try.

can they? i wouldn't be so certain. chapter 7 doesn't wipe out fines owed to the government.

State Takes Legal Action to Seize $135K From Oregon Bakers

Nope no harm done to you if you disagree with homosexuality and won't bend to their will. None at all. Just lose your business,money,freedom,house,cars etc etc etc. Great thing about the internet is it NEVER loses its memory so when time comes it will be fairly simple to find the scum who destroyed this nation and get revenge.

Lesson lost on the haters of just make the fucking cake and save yourself $135k.

Here's your cake!!

poopcake2.jpg

Please stop exciting all the Communist/Progressive degenerates here. You can hear them popping their boners. Don't encourage them.

"popping their boners"? is that a 17th century colloquialism?

Religious rights and freedoms are under assault. Especially Christian beliefs and practices. The Communists/Progressives have always had it in for Christians.

We've seen this in Western Europe as well. Now the Churches sit empty while the Mosques are packed to capacity. American Christians will just have to stand up. It's gonna be a fight.
how's the weather in bed-wetterland?
seriously, nobody's religious rights are under assault.

can they? i wouldn't be so certain. chapter 7 doesn't wipe out fines owed to the government.

Sure they can. The only things you cannot BK out of are student loans and delinquent taxes.

EDIT- maybe not....

Chapter 7 Nondischargeable Debts
In a Chapter 7 case, the most common types of debts that can’t be discharged are:

• Taxes and tax liens
  • Student loans
  • Alimony and child support (domestic support obligations)
  • Debts obtained through fraud, false pretenses or false representation
  • Debts you failed to schedule in time to allow creditors to file proofs of claim (unscheduled debts)
  • Debts for fraud while you were acting in a fiduciary capacity, or for embezzlement or larceny
  • Debts for willful and malicious injury
  • Debts for fines or penalties to governmental units
  • Debts for judgments in wrongful death or personal injury lawsuits resulting from motor vehicle, vessel or aircraft accidents while you were intoxicated
  • Condominium or cooperative association fees or assessments

fine. but my God doesn't tell me it's a sin to make pastries and i don't understand how anyone could believe it is. So i'm going to continue to consider those people dumbasses

The Diety I believe in considers it improper to have ANY interaction with immoral individuals of EVERY type.

No, debts owed to government agencies are non-dishargeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Topics

Forum List

Back