State Supreme Court Rules Weapon Maker Can Be Sued

What constitutional right does this violate?
How about the right to not be prosecuted for the crimes of another?

You ignorant rubes think you can just kill any businessmen you want and any person you want. Watch how fast this is killed dead!

I can't get past your lie in the first sentence. When I read a lie I stop reading. I no longer believe the rest of the post.

They aren't being prosecuted for something someone else has done.

They are being sued, not prosecuted. Stop lying about what is going on.

As I said this is about advertising. We have laws against false advertising.

This has absolutely nothing to do with someone killing someone with a weapon.

Why are you lying?

I advised you to read the article so you wouldn't keep making a fool of yourself. Unfortunately you're too lazy to read it so you keep making a fool of yourself.

That's your choice. Meanwhile that ruling won't go to the supreme court. It won't be overturned.

The weapon manufacturers will face a lawsuit, not prosecution, for false advertising and there is absolutely nothing you or anyone can do about it.

Deal with it.

This nonsense will be overturned when appealed.

It can't be appealed. The state supreme court ruled. There is no other higher state court that can overturn this.

It can't go to the federal Supreme Court because it doesn't violate the constitution.

We have laws about false advertisement. They are being sued for false advertising. Which has nothing to do with the second amendment.

Please read the article.

This can't be taken to the Federal Supreme Court so it can't be overturned.

Ummm.. yes, it can and likely will be.

Whine, cry and throw all the temper tantrums you want far right radical conservative extremists.

'Remington's nightmare will come true': Gun control advocates savor Connecticut court victory

Can Ford be sued for drunk drivers? I hope your answer is yes, lest you be characterized as a tantrum throwing far left radical totalitarian extremist.

No but they can be sued for false advertising.

Which is what this is all about. The weapon manufacturer is being sued for false advertising.

Read the article.

This is going to open up the flood gates for the weapon makers to face justice for the death and suffering they've helped to inflict on our nation.

The state Supreme Court of Connecticut has ruled against the weapon makers and for the people of our nation.

Whine, cry and throw all the temper tantrums you want far right radical conservative extremists. There's absolutely nothing you or anyone can do to stop this.

'Remington's nightmare will come true': Gun control advocates savor Connecticut court victory
This will be overturned on appeal to the Federal Appellate court.

Whine, cry and throw all the temper tantrums you want far right radical conservative extremists.

Can Ford be sued for drunk drivers? I hope your answer is yes, lest you be characterized as a tantrum throwing far left radical totalitarian extremist.

Which is what this is all about. The weapon manufacturer is being sued for false advertising.

Read the article.
The article says NOTHING about false advertisement. It states that their marketing practice targeted young people. That is NOT a crime, nor is it considered false marketing.

The article also states that they marketed the AR-15 as inherently dangerous. All weapons are inherently dangerous.

This will be overturned in Federal Court.

Wrong again...

This can be taken to a federal appeals court and overturned.. It can also be taken to SCOTUS as a violation of their constitutional rights.

This will live for about a week or two before an injunction is placed and it dies a sordid death... Judicial activism at its worst on the state level..

The only time it can be appealed to a federal court is if it violates the constitution. This doesn't violate the constitution. Unless you're saying that our truth in advertising laws are unconstitutional. Which they aren't.

We will see. The ruling is about advertising. Which we have laws against false advertising. This isn't about suing to remove weapons. It's suing because the manufacturers are violating advertising laws.

This doesn't take any weapon from anyone. This doesn't do anything to any weapon owner. This isn't about creating laws that will deny anyone any weapon.

This is about truth in advertising.

I guess you didn't read the article. Big mistake.

I read the article...cars are also sexy and cause death.

I'd like to see the advertising in question. Personally, I've never seen any gun advertising. At least not any unsolicited advertising...

It's not as if they put billboards or run commercials on television.

As far as I can tell, one needs to go looking for gun advertisements...

This is going to open up the flood gates for the weapon makers to face justice for the death and suffering they've helped to inflict on our nation.

The state Supreme Court of Connecticut has ruled against the weapon makers and for the people of our nation.

Whine, cry and throw all the temper tantrums you want far right radical conservative extremists. There's absolutely nothing you or anyone can do to stop this.

I'm glad I live in a State were any judges that make rulings like this would be immediately recalled.

It can't be appealed. The state supreme court ruled. There is no other higher state court that can overturn this.

It can't go to the federal Supreme Court because it doesn't violate the constitution.

We have laws about false advertisement. They are being sued for false advertising. Which has nothing to do with the second amendment.

Please read the article.

Bullshit, it violates the Constitution..

The court of twat land is shit

I had a neighbor growing up who's wife was killed with a mere brick used in a robbery, so would the brick manufacturer be responsible for how people use the brick and if so, would they be free from lawsuits if they put a warning on their bricks?
Would Dems dare lobby to remove building with bricks? I suppose Cinder blocks can be the safe alternative as they are to heavy to throw and if someone did try to throw one, it would give the victim plenty of time to move out of the way or redirect it to the perpetrators foot. ;-)
Lol..I quess the pencil makers better get worried after all John Wick used one or more to kill a number of people in his movies and VinDiesal used a Cup to kill someone as well in one of his movies...The point is movies are not real life but they can imitate it and having the ability to sue just about anyone for anything just makes the lawyers rich and everyone else poorer as someone has to pay for those lawsuits and it is always the consumer or Johnny public that ends up footing the bill and leaving everyone a brick or two short....

Read the article.

I did read the article and no, that's not what they are being sued for. Furthermore, there is zero evidence whatsoever that Adam Lanza's decision to shoot up the school had anything to do with advertising. In fact, it wasn't even his gun; it was his mother's. This is a clear case of judicial activism and quite frankly, the court majority should be embarrassed for submitting an opinion like this. It will be overturned by the circuit court. It's not a question of if.

I thought you were smarter than this.

You ignorant rubes think you can just kill any businessmen you want and any person you want. Watch how fast this is killed dead!

I can't get past your lie in the first sentence. When I read a lie I stop reading. I no longer believe the rest of the post.

Why are you lying?

I advised you to read the article so you wouldn't keep making a fool of yourself. Unfortunately you're too lazy to read it so you keep making a fool of yourself.

That's your choice. Meanwhile that ruling won't go to the supreme court. It won't be overturned.

The weapon manufacturers will face a lawsuit, not prosecution, for false advertising and there is absolutely nothing you or anyone can do about it.

Deal with it.
Again you use hyperbole and bull shit to create a fantasy.

Good luck with your fantasy because its about to get smashed by the federal appellate courts.

Why are you lying?

Deal with it.

You are such a dumbass!

"The Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA) is a United States law which protects firearms manufacturers and dealers from being held liable when crimes have been committed with their product."

Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act - Wikipedia

Why are you lying?

Deal with it.

You are such a dumbass!

"The Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA) is a United States law which protects firearms manufacturers and dealers from being held liable when crimes have been committed with their product."

Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act - Wikipedia

Well that wont end well... The state court is in direct violation of the Act.. This will not end well for the state court.

This is great.

Next they should use fork manufacturers for obesity related deaths.

You are living in a complete fantasy world if you think this isn't going to be immediately enjoined by a federal court. Have you any CLUE what kind of precedent this would set?

Why am I even asking... of course you don't. You fucking leftists are dumber than a box of rocks kicked over.

Please read the article.

I suppose I should've read the date on the article as this ruling is from March.

Guess what cupcake, you're WRONG: Former solicitor general hired by 10 Sandy Hook families to take on Remington in U.S. Supreme Court

Forum List

Back