State run plans gain support

oreo

Gold Member
Sep 15, 2008
rocky mountains
State-Run Health Insurance Plans Gain Support - Political News - FOXNews.com

WASHINGTON -- Some influential centrist Democrats in the Senate are warming to a compromise that envisions health-insurance plans run by state governments, and California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger added his voice Tuesday to a small group of Republicans expressing support for a Democratic-led overhaul plan.

Liberals have challenged legislation nearing a vote in the Senate Finance Committee because it doesn't allow for a plan run by the federal government, which they view as key to expanding insurance coverage to tens of millions of Americans. Instead, the bill would create a network of nonprofit health cooperatives, seeded with $6 billion of federal money, to compete with private insurers in a bid to contain prices.

FINALLY something I can agree with. Let the individual states handle their health care problems. They would be much more efficient at controlling costs--would be able to manage & improve upon the health care needs of their constituents.--:clap2:

I would be fine with state run health insurance as long as state are required to have public option for the people who don't have insurance. My son is on state medical right now and I have no problem with it.

I would be fine with state run health insurance as long as state are required to have public option for the people who don't have insurance. My son is on state medical right now and I have no problem with it.

It's really the only thing that makes sense. While we can all agree that something needs to be done regarding the soaring cost of medical insurance--we also know that our federal government has absolutely no track record--what-so-ever--of being competent overseaers of our tax dollars. They tend to bankrupt everything they work their fingers into.

$9-trillion-deficit.jpg

of course they help pay for our state insurance by having the second highest cigarette tax in the country. :)

Forum List

Back