State of CT giving $5 million dollars of tax payer money to religious organizations.

Are all the other businesses that can't get this money from the state not owned by citizens?

Why not give every person money to buy cameras and install alarms in their homes? Are they not citizens?

Why do only religious organizations get money for this?
Plenty of other organizations get money like this, the YMCA, Libraries, Concert Halls, Community Centers ...

THey get this type of money becasue they are places where the community gathers, and they are particular targets for terrorism and hate crimes.

Irrelevant.

The fact that they are making laws that benefit a religious establishment seems to be unconstitutional
Nope. Not even close. Unless they are favoring one congregation over another.

Better to spend that money on better security at public schools
Do you really have that much of problem helping community groups that are a favored target of violence? Really?

This isn't about schools

This about the state giving tax payer money to beef up security at Jewish temples, Mosques and churches

And there is a difference between the police providing protection of citizens and the state giving taxpayer money to fund private religious institutions.

The state of CT isn;t giving taxpayer money to banks or other businesses to buy cameras and alarms systems are they?
So if me and a bunch of my Confederate flag buddies decide to attack Black churches then the government should do nothing because the churches are religious organizations?

Do you really have that much of problem helping community groups that are a favored target of violence? Really?
I think children of all faiths or no faiths deserve 1st priority

Including county judge, mayors and city hall employees who should not have more protection than students get

I think children of all faiths or no faiths deserve 1st priority

Including county judge, mayors and city hall employees who should not have more protection than students get
And you think this $$ is coming out of some school budget?

Are pet stores being threatened?

They are the ones being targeted.

I don't know that any religion is being "targeted" even if they were there's no justification for spending taxpayer dollars to improve their properties. Let them hire additional security and buy their own cameras and alarm systems like the rest of the businesses have to.

What state religion has been established in Connecticut?

They are passing laws that favor religious establishments over the rest of the population.. And let's not forget the religious businesses don't pay taxes.

I don't know that any religion is being "targeted" even if they were there's no justification for spending taxpayer dollars to improve their properties. Let them hire additional security and buy their own cameras and alarm systems like the rest of the businesses have to.

I suppose an argument the constituents have to decide.

Taxpayer dollars are not unlimited

The highest priority - in my opinion - should go to protecting school children
Do you have any knowledge that these public safety dollars are given priority over schools?

Plenty of other organizations get money like this, the YMCA, Libraries, Concert Halls, Community Centers ...

THey get this type of money becasue they are places where the community gathers, and they are particular targets for terrorism and hate crimes.
You are making up bs

But if true strip all of them also till the schools are secured first

Forum List

Back