State of CT giving $5 million dollars of tax payer money to religious organizations.

How the hell is this Constitutional?

Does a state legislature have the legal authority to give tax revenue to religious organizations so they can "beef up security"?

I don't think so

The state can do what they wish with state money as far as I know.

How the hell is this Constitutional?

Does a state legislature have the legal authority to give tax revenue to religious organizations so they can "beef up security"?

I don't think so

Depends, what does the Connecticut constitution say?

State rules don't trump the constitution

Sure they do, because the constitution was written to limit the power of the federal government. Also, them giving money to churches isn’t establishing a religion.

People grossly misunderstand the establishment clause, and wrongly attribute “separation of church and state” to it.

But, neither of those apply to what the state of Connecticut does.

Sure they do, because the constitution was written to limit the power of the federal government. Also, them giving money to churches isn’t establishing a religion.

People grossly misunderstand the establishment clause, and wrongly attribute “separation of church and state” to it.
you may want to read the 9th-10th amendments again,,

no such thig as seperation of church and state,, and giving a church money doesnt establish anything

But, neither of those apply to what the state of Connecticut does.
This is still taxpayer dollars being given to private institutions for things they should be paying for with their own money.

The State of CT isn't setting aside millions of dollars for any other businesses so they can buy alarm systems and cameras and at least those private business actually pay taxes where religions don't.

Why not give homeowners money for their own home security too?

Obviously emojis are too tricky for you

As for Lighten up Francis, you thick retard. It's from an American film :auiqs.jpg:

I don't indulge in immaturity like you. Emojis are for children .

And gee I didn't see some old movie because I had better things to do. But I suppose you have watched every movie ever made and spend hours in front of the idiot box.

That actually explains a lot.

I don't indulge in immaturity like you. Emojis are for children .

And gee I didn't see some old movie because I had better things to do. But I suppose you have watched every movie ever made and spend hours in front of the idiot box.

That actually explains a lot.
Your general knowledge is fucking shit. And your IQ is pretty low.

Forum List

Back