State of CT giving $5 million dollars of tax payer money to religious organizations.

Blues Man

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2016
How the hell is this Constitutional?

Does a state legislature have the legal authority to give tax revenue to religious organizations so they can "beef up security"?

I don't think so

Does a state legislature have the legal authority to give tax revenue to religious organizations so they can "beef up security"?

I don't think so

me either.

should louisiana be giving money to religious schools?

So school children should only protected if they are under .gov control?

Anyway churches should shun the money because with .gov money comes .gov strings attached.

This isn't about schools

This about the state giving tax payer money to beef up security at Jewish temples, Mosques and churches

And there is a difference between the police providing protection of citizens and the state giving taxpayer money to fund private religious institutions.

The state of CT isn;t giving taxpayer money to banks or other businesses to buy cameras and alarms systems are they?

So school children should only protected if they are under .gov control?

Anyway churches should shun the money because with .gov money comes .gov strings attached.
that is one important reason there is a separation of church and state. the other is the one we always argue over.

This isn't about schools

This about the state giving tax payer money to beef up security at Jewish temples, Mosques and churches

And there is a difference between the police providing protection of citizens and the state giving taxpayer money to fund private religious institutions.

The state of CT isn;t giving taxpayer money to banks or other businesses to buy cameras and alarms systems are they?
Their state, their rules.....Still a bad policy due to the strings attached.

Sigh, then again when was the last time "religion" ever turned down money of any kind?

Given it's CT I'd not be surprised at all if the whole intent was to make inroads into those schools so they can control them by and by.

Their state, their rules.....Still a bad policy due to the strings attached.

Sigh, then again when was the last time "religion" ever turned down money of any kind?

Given it's CT I'd not be surprised at all if the whole intent was to make inroads into those schools so they can control them by and by.

State rules don't trump the constitution

If they equally consider all then I do not see the Constitutional issues.
Irrelevant.

The fact that they are making laws that benefit a religious establishment seems to be unconstitutional

Irrelevant.

The fact that they are making laws that benefit a religious establishment seems to be unconstitutional

If it benefitted "a" organization it might. If it is available to all it is not.

This isn't about schools

Are these not citizens?

Are these not citizens

Are all the other businesses that can't get this money from the state not owned by citizens?

Why not give every person money to buy cameras and install alarms in their homes? Are they not citizens?

Why do only religious organizations get money for this?

Are all the other businesses that can't get this money from the state not owned by citizens?

Are pet stores being threatened?

Why not give every person money to buy cameras and install alarms in their homes? Are they not citizens?

Why do only religious organizations get money for this?

They are the ones being targeted.

I don't think so

You guys act like religion should exist is another dimension or something like that. This is all there is, my God.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Forum List

Back