Starting my own political website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solace

Rookie
Oct 29, 2010
I'm starting my own political forum. If anyone is interested in joining, the URL is:

link deleted, no promoting other forums, got it?

PixieStix

Also, I could use some feedback, so please tell me what you think of it. I just made it about 20 minutes ago. I plan on getting a custom forum skin and a logo, but am still working on that. So please, just let me know what you think of how I have it organized, thanks in advance.

Niche of 'Political Forums' is overcrowded. All of these forums use standard-software, which resemble each other very much. Starting a 'Political Forum' these days is a very hard task when it comes to member growth.

You have 3 options for success:
- targeting a specific ethnic group
- knowing and implementing marketing, which either goes through $ or knowledge
- code an individual 'Forum-Website', which stands out from all competitors. Implement functionality which competitors don't have. This requires also knowledge.

I see, that you host your forum by a company.
Best is to host the website yourself, and let it run on modern Webserver-Technology. Either Nginx or Lighttpd Server-Technology, which then requires you to have also knowledge in Linux.

My advice for you is...
Let it be. You are wasting time, which you can use for other things. Unless you are an experienced Web-Developer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back