Starting a New Business . . . OR . . . People Suck

Well, I kinda screwed up along the way. I credited everyone else who has offered their time and skill gratis to help me get this event off the ground . . . except the hand model who provided us with our logo. Oops!

She is, of course, on the list of comp ticket recipients. I didn't screw the pooch THAT badly, at least. But I should have listed her on the website, and I didn't. :oops:

Fortunately, rather than just getting upset and badmouthing me all over, she sent me an e-mail and asked me what the hell was up with that. Several people, including my webmaster, told me I could go ahead and lay the blame off on them by claiming that it got lost or forgotten in the rush of whatever, but I refused. I sent her back a quick reply that said, "You're absolutely right. I should have done that, and I screwed up. I'm sorry, and I will fix it immediately. Please don't think I was blowing you off." Off the blurb went to the webmaster, and a half-hour later, she was on the website, listed as a sponsor. I intend also to have our Mistress of Ceremonies give her a special shout-out from the stage during the event.

The best apology, I think, is the one that doesn't try to excuse or defend or explain, but just says, "I'm sorry, it was my fault, how can I fix it?"

Otherwise, things are going swimmingly. We have started to receive ticket sales as of this week, and they are picking up now that a bunch of people got their paychecks yesterday. The performers are paid, the venue is paid, the schedule is set, the admittance wristbans are purchased, I have cashboxes and a deposit safe bought, and I'm still waiting on the printer to make the lanyard tags for my performers, vendors, and staff. I can even occasionally sleep at night now, and I haven't chipped a single one my current crop of acrylic nails from biting them. :)

Forum List

Back