Star Wars Review - no spoilers

Create a spoiler thread guys. Keep this one clean.

I had no intentions of seeing it this weekend but my fear of spoilers has me in a seat 30 minutes early now.
Congrats. Get ready for some spectacular stuff.
I hope so. I can't remember the last movie I went to that I didn't immediately regret paying to see. Course I don't goto movies often.
When the crawl starts, you'll feel like a 10 year old again.
I've heard people say the got tears from it. I'm like wtf lol
I had a big ol' shit eating grin during it. And for most of the movie afterwards.

Bartass, if you're trying to be funny, you're really bad at it! I already made the joke.

I'm kind of close with the critic upstairs, who gave it 7 out of 10.

I'm old-school and use 4 stars, And I'm 3.5 out of 4. The only reason it is not a 4, is because I'm very careful about what I give a 4. And it has to have replayability. I've only seen this movie once, and missed the dang last 5 minutes, so I cannot give it a 4 yet.

But it is definitely 3.5! No doubt about.

There's always the assholes in any thread. I commend that you stopped whatever spoiler they were revealing.

I will have words with them in the future...

Last edited:
How old are you, and what are you comparing it with?

Trust me, you won't be dissatisfied if you're a fan.

Let's wait to hear why the guy above didn't like it... (probably because they knocked out the wifi on his phone in the theater)

62....so i have seen them all....i didnt say it was not a good movie...it was excellent it was simply the formula that works for this series....face it....new faces telling the first star wars....republic is near doom...the heroes must find a way into the death star...etc and so forth....sequel will be young person meeting jedi and being trained....sound familiar ...

perhaps the age will tell you why i am just not happy lol.....i will say this....people have been great not to tell spoilers...it was a total fucking shock....total....i started crying ...

btw i was the driving force in going to see it at 7 pm last night....i was the one that braved the cold and paid for the damn tickets...30 bucks for 2 seniors to the 3d...it was fun....all kinds of characters....chewy on stilts was odd but hey....the movie was excellent in a star wars way....
the bar scene was good....

so dont judge......

best deal on popcorn and coke....14.50 wtf

I have only watched the original Star Wars movie years ago.

Should I watch the others before I go see this new one? ...... :dunno:
Each of the movies can be enjoyed without seeing all the others. Some of them weren't that great, as I remember.

For some reason, Lucas released them out of sequence. If you're serious, it would be best to view them from #1 to #6. There IS a plot line that most forget about.

I just watched it an hour ago. It's okay I guess, but it's just another movie. Frankly JJ Abrams is full of shxt. He swore he was not going to have crap whizzing around the screen and scene changes every 10 seconds, but that's exactly what he did. The Force Awakens is virtually identical to the last three movies.

If a movie has you thinking "is this a good movie?" while you're in the middle of watching it, it probably isn't, and this movie had me thinking that after just 30 minutes. Basically if you've seen either of JJ Abrams Star Trek movies, it's the same as that with different music. What's missing from the Force Awakens is a good story and a couple of really good actors to anchor the thing . Abrams played it safe and lazy, and kept chopping and changing, jumping from one scene to another, never allowing the audience - me in particular - to get comfortable and get into the story. ONE story, that's all you have to do; just tell one single story. It's not about the special effects, it's not about stuff blowing up, it's about the story.

The Force Awakens has a couple of good moments, there were a few things I liked about it, but the story itself is a big nothing .It was like watching two episodes of a Star Wars TV show joined together - and it would have made a great mini-series, but this was a feature movie.

Why is everyone worried about "spoilers"? Who can't figure out all the 'twists' from the first promotional poster they put out?

For some reason, Lucas released them out of sequence. If you're serious, it would be best to view them from #1 to #6. There IS a plot line that most forget about.

No he didn't. The original Star Wars (A New Hope) had an intro that was in the style of 1930's serials like Flash Gordon. It was stupid and weird, but it worked. 1, 2, and 3 don't count. There are only three real Star Wars movies, and that's the original trilogy in their de-enhanced form - cleaned up is fine, but the CGI crap and alterations are appalling.

#4 was when Lucas decided the story was worth telling on the big screen. So he started there. And it was a very good decision.

I agree it took me a long time to get into the new main characters, but that's to be expected when you're a fan of the original characters. I go by Hank Solo in games since I was a kid, and Han and Indiana Jones are two of my top 3 favorite movie characters of all time. I liked the female character pretty soon, but that's because she's hot and can fight. The storm-trooper guy took a little while, and based on the trailers I thought he would be a boring character, but he ended up being great as well! It was the comedy that made you like them. Just like in the originals. It was actually a pretty funny movie, not as funny as Guardians, but still funny for the SW universe.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back