Just watched "Once Upon A Time In Hollywood"

John Edgar Slow Horses

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2023
It startled me. Well paced, enough trails with clues pointing to an alternative ending that you would want to see. More action than you would expect in a Tarentino 'talky.' The inside out of movie making within movies was good. I enjoyed both Damon and Pitt's characters. The child star was better than expected and fun. It caught the horror of that summer night very well.

It startled me. Well paced, enough trails with clues pointing to an alternative ending that you would want to see. More action than you would expect in a Tarentino 'talky.' The inside out of movie making within movies was good. I enjoyed both Damon and Pitt's characters. The child star was better than expected and fun. It caught the horror of that summer night very well.
It was entertaining due to Pitts character.

A dramatic, often funny revision of history.

Worth watching for the Bruce Lee scene alone!

Worth watching for the Bruce Lee scene alone!
I liked the scene when Pitt demands that the hippies show him his friend. All signs pointed to him being dead and the hippies taking over the compound.

The little surprises and twists make for a good movie as long as it ultimately makes sense. I thought for certain his friend had been killed.

Just re-watched Jackie Brown. Tarantino is a treasure.

Pitt and DeCaprio are underestimated as actors.

Oppenheimer FEEEEEELS 3 fucking hours long; Once Upon was 2 40 and was easy going the whole way

The scene where DeNiro just casually offs Bridget Fonda outside the mall made that movie.
Agreed. That's a Tarantino trademark. Showing the casual violence that people are capable of.

A similar one would be the scene in Pulp Fiction when they kill the black kid in the car.

Forum List

Back