Star Trek Beyond

JoeB131

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2011
Chicago, Chicago, that Toddling Town
Just got done seeing this movie, and I expected to go in hating it, because I really didn't care for the last one with fake Khan.

But it's actually a very good film and the first one which, in my opinion, captured the spirit of the original series since Star Trek VI.

the character interactions were first rate, they finally got the characters and their interactions right. The scenes with McCoy and Spock were great, and they finally fully utilized Karl Urban, who is one of the best actors in the cast.

SPOILER-

This movie does make a big deal about the rather graphic destruction of the Enterprise, which takes up quite a bit of the movie. I thought dramatically it worked, even though destroying the Enterprise has been done two other times in these films.

Okay- going to address it. Gay Sulu. It was no big deal, you need to get over yourselves. They have one scene where Sulu is greeted by his partner and their daughter. and that was it.

I just can't picture Sulu being gay. George Takei was always such a man's man. Um...

I just can't picture Sulu being gay. George Takei was always such a man's man. Um...
di-YQIO.gif

Thanks for the review, I have been debating on whether to go see this, or wait till it streams. Perhaps I will go see it afterall

Forum List

Back