Spreading the word about Mafia!

i am in......confused but in....that seems to just be the state of my life

its good guys and bad guys who look like good guys.... you vote to get rid of one person each round..... the end is who wins.. a good guy or a bad guy....

i read more stuff i got more confused...yall are just gonna have to type real slow.....

The explanation is a little overwhelming at first, but that was the only hard part of Mafia. It's also the kind of game you can get way, way better at, too. :D

Looks interesting.

It's very interesting. I'll go into more detail.

i am in......confused but in....that seems to just be the state of my life

its good guys and bad guys who look like good guys.... you vote to get rid of one person each round..... the end is who wins.. a good guy or a bad guy....

That's part of the bare bones of the game. The complexity is the clashing of different human personalities. I've literally become better at lying and discerning lies in real life thanks to grinding in these games, ha! :lol:

Damn it, Syrenn. You put it way more succinctly than I did! :D:eusa_clap:

[MENTION=44124]Wake[/MENTION] count me in. Sounds like a blast!!

That's excellent! With just 6 more players we'll have enough for a game!

[MENTION=11278]editec[/MENTION] and all, here's more on the game.

Let's say these guys are playing:

Gracie
editec
Statistikhengst
Intense
Pop23
Mertex
Hossfly
Amelia
Ropey
Sallow

Next, the structure, or all the roles given to players in the game. Mafia's like a real-time RPG for forums.

Town Cop
Town Doctor
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Mafia Roleblocker
Mafia Goon

Finally, the end result, after randomization:

Pop23 ~ Town Cop
Gracie ~ Town Doctor
Hossfly ~ Vanilla Townie
Sallow ~ Vanilla Townie
editec ~ Vanilla Townie
Intense ~ Vanilla Townie
Ropey ~ Vanilla Townie
Sallow ~ Vanilla Townie
Mertex ~ Mafia Roleblocker
Statistikhengst ~ Mafia Goon

The beauty of the game is what you guys do, and what your individual personalities are. :badgrin:

Mertex and Stat are the Scum here. Mertex might try to distance herself from Stat and try and dump some suspicion on Gracie, stating that gracie acts this way when she's shady. Editec, being a VT, won't know who's who and will be trying to figure out who's lying, and whether Mertex is Town-Mertex or Evil-Mertex. Pop23, being the most powerful Townie will be the one Mertex and Stat really badly wanna kill, and who Gracie wants to discern and protect. He'll try to blend in and look like a good, selfless VT. Intense, Hossfly, and the other VTs will be trying to "feel out" who's who, and who's lying as well. Sallow might say something that's perceived as suspicious, and Intense may think Sallow's not a member of Town, so cast a vote against Sallow to put on some pressure to get Sallow talking more. Hossfly might follow suit, as well as Mertex, having found "some plausible reason" to join the bandwagon and happily get a good guy's neck broken. She'll be rubbing her little hands with glee as a mob forms around Sallow as he haplessly begs the paranoid masses to not lynch him, because the evil Scum are among the mob! Too late! *Snap!*

After that everyone learns Sallow was an innocent good guy, and so they use that information, and his post history, to draw and come to better conclusions on who the evil Scum are.

Night begins, the Townies go inside their homes for the night, the thread's closed, and Scum meet in hiding and scheme over their plans and who they're gonna kill. Mertex will decide to roleblock Hossfly 'cause he kinda sounds like a Cop, and Stat, the Goon, will go and gank Ropey, leaving him a bloody mess for Town to discover in the morning of Day 2. Bloody murder!

Rinse. Wash. Repeat.

Until one side wins!

It's the ultimate battle of wits! Every single person plays this game differently. Some players are very aggressive, while others are more conservative and analytical. It's all about you!

Last edited:
Alright, I'm looking for at least 10 players. So far those playing include:

RosieS
Strollingbones
Cereal_Killer
dblack
BlackFlag
R.D.
Manifold

Who else be part of the Town? :D

Last edited:
Assuming [MENTION=30820]Moonglow[/MENTION] is in, we only need one more player to get a good game started. The more the merrier, I say. :D

Also, before I forget, Mafia is known for having themed games.

Just a few include these:

Fire Emblem: Awakening Mafia
Oz Mafia: Based on the HBO Series
The Walking Dead Mafia <---This one was amazing.
Lord of the Rings Mafia
Calvin and Hobbes Mafia <---Very creative!
American Revolution Mafia
Final Fantasy XI Mafia

Other themes include Jurassic Park, Pirates of the Carribean, The Mummy, Die Hard Mafia, Monopoly Mafia, etc! :D

I prefer White Heat mafia...

Are you in, bro? I think you'd have a lot of fun playing this game. :D

o and mabelle...she would love this

Thanks, SB! I invited all of them except Willow, because he's turned off PMs. Not sure what to do there.

Here's one really good post from a player named GuyInFreezer. I've rubbed shoulders with him quite often.

Also, a sample post from one of the denizens of Mafiascum.net:

Recap with some early reads:

No one has voted for nor said anything about: Alexcellent, brjl, Glass

mkfuba07: His vote on me seems like what we may call an OMGUS, but I'm not sure how indicative that is of alignment.

GuyInFreezer: Going after Scar for not placing a vote in the post in which he posited that scum was likely on the farmer wagon. GIF may be trying to pressure him, give an IC lesson, and/or stirring things up as scum by testing the water on a potential wagon.

PhDScar: His responses to GIF seem plausibly town.

notreallygood: His reasons for voting mkfuba seem a little trumped up, but I don't want to look too far into it just yet since the vote was cast when it was still the RVS.

brjl: Has mostly gone after notreallygood and may be somewhat overzealous to this end, given that notreallygood hasn't committed anything too egregious.

Jake from State Farm, Alexcellent, and Glass: I'm going to withhold judgment for now until we've seen more.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: brjl

There isn't much to go off at this point, so don't be too offended at my vote. But, even though I don't have much evidence that brjl is scum, there isn't much for anyone else either, so I am most suspicious of brjl for now.

Last edited:
Hey Wake, I'll play! :D

Excellent! Assuming Moonglow's in we've already got 10 players. Let's wait and see if we can get maybe a few more people playing. :D

I'm very interested to see the dynamics of how all of you work together to try and find the Scum. :badgrin::eusa_clap:

Player Count so far (10):

RosieS
Strollingbones
Cereal_Killer
dblack
BlackFlag
R.D.
Manifold
Moonglow
Shaitra

I'll make sure the game runs smoothly, and answer gameplay questions thoroughly while you're in the game. :D

Last edited:
Ha, I remember they even had a Gay Mafia. Also, these:

Batman: Arkham City Mafia
Cold War Mafia
Mafia Dating Game Show <---This one was a funny twist on the game.
Supernatural Mafia

I've personally played in a medieval-based Mafia, and they chopped my damned head off with a guillotine. :D Not only can the theme and flavor of Mafia change, but also the gameplay mechanics to suit the theme. Versatility is another major strong-point of Mafia. ;-)

yeah, I'll play. I would have signed up yesterday but I had a sinus infection from hell with the season of blooming around her. All the cars and ground have that yellow/green dust...oh yeah pollen...
I don't have much going on just packing all my crap in a 2400 square foot house into storage so usen white trash can get a new FEMA trailer with no floor...

Last edited:
As an FYI I'm going to have posts/threads from the forum/game NOT show up in Active Topics so that the general membership doesn't have to be subjected to our shenanigans and lynching. :)

It will keep the threads/games 'clean' without any extraneous comments from members who aren't playing thinking they are in a FZ thread.

I can only imagine:

Wake: CK is all over the place look at him squirm! He needs to be lynched
JoeMemeber: He's a moron of an admin, I'm not surprised! Wish we could vote him off the site!

That's part of the bare bones of the game. The complexity is the clashing of different human personalities. I've literally become better at lying and discerning lies in real life thanks to grinding in these games, ha! :lol:

Damn it, Syrenn. You put it way more succinctly than I did! :D:eusa_clap:

so are you speeding it up or draping it out???? fast i am in..... boring and slow im out....

Forum List

Back