Splitting The Republican Party

jasendorf said:
Let's see... how have walls faired in the past... let's see...

Great Wall, invaders went around it.
Maginot Line, invaders went through it.
Atlantic Wall, invaders went through it.
Berlin Wall, escapees went under it, over it and some even died trying.
And, what happens when we put a wall on our southern border???

I'm just certain it would result in fewer crossings than a wide open space. And if it wont' have an effect, why does it bother you so much? It's like your desperate about this issue or something.

We should all be desperate about this issue. Throwing money at solutions destined to fail isn't exactly my idea of good governance. And, that's exactly what a wall is. Why are you so afraid of meaningful immigration reform?

jasendorf said:
We should all be desperate about this issue. Throwing money at solutions destined to fail isn't exactly my idea of good governance. And, that's exactly what a wall is. Why are you so afraid of meaningful immigration reform?

It's never been tried here. Trusting employers to uphold the law didn't work.

Why not try something new (which will work), instead of doing the same thing again with same insane reliance on human purity.

You have no data that it won't work. It's all desperate lies.

jasendorf said:
I think that's a bad idea all around. But, I've never heard of such a case... care to provide a :link:? (Sorry, I've been dying to use that smiley)

The real question in most far-left people's minds is whether the far-right can stop at common sense, reasonable and reasoned restrictions on abortion. Every indication is that they cannot. They will use each "victory" to push to a total and complete ban on abortion which will devalue women to the point that they become little more than baby machines for their husbands. With that in mind, the far-left continues to push back harder than should be necessary to prevent the right from gaining ground. The gridlock is created because, to the far-right, there is no reasonable restrictions... there is only abortion or no abortion.

Testing testing one two three - is this thing on? Sorry, folks - just getting tired of losing posts in cyberspace...

jasendorf said:

Meaningful immigration reform starts with respect for the rule of law. What are we telling the people who have abided by the law, and are patiently awaiting their turn to immigrate legally - "You f#$%ed up; you trusted us"??!!

How much money would said wall cost? How effective would it be? How are we going to pay for it?

jasendorf said:
The only coast we have here in Ohio is Lake Erie... but, make up whatever snide comments you like. Still doesn't explain the sudden pandering to those opposed to illegal immigrants.

Another way of saying "those opposed to illegal immigrants" is "those in favor of upholding the law". As for your use of the term, "pandering": pardon me - your contemptuous elitism is showing. You do not trust representative government, as you have made abundantly clear with your views on abortion.

Forum List

Back