Spiro Agnew might have made a good President if it wasn't for the witch hunt.

RandomPoster

Platinum Member
May 22, 2017
I've been watching his speeches, where he went off on the "impudent snobs that identify as intellectuals" and the "nattering nabobs of negativism" in the press and academia. It is the earliest speech I have found where a prominent politician came out and flat out attacked the mainstream media and leftist academia, particularly the major news networks and the social sciences. From what I am reading, Agnew very quickly became popular with the working class. I plan on purchasing his book where I have been told he describes how he was framed by a biased prosecutor and thrown under the bus by Nixon.

In some ways, his speeches remind me a bit of Trump.

Spiro was a corrupt, inept politicians

His speeches were demagoguery

I've been watching his speeches, where he went off on the "impudent snobs that identify as intellectuals" and the "nattering nabobs of negativism" in the press and academia. It is the earliest speech I have found where a prominent politician came out and flat out attacked the mainstream media and leftist academia, particularly the major news networks and the social sciences. From what I am reading, Agnew very quickly became popular with the working class. I plan on purchasing his book where I have been told he describes how he was framed by a biased prosecutor and thrown under the bus by Nixon.

Jesus on a bicycle, what a fucking asshole and crook!

Trump is paying for the mistakes made by Nixon and Agnew. They should have never resigned. The Dem coup worked in 1974 so now the Dems think they can do it again.

Speaking of VP's and alt-history, I wish Curtis Lemay were alive today. From what I have been told from people alive back during the day, nobody united people in fear like that man when he started talking about nukes being just another weapon and lamenting that we weren't using them.

Trump is paying for the mistakes made by Nixon and Agnew. They should have never resigned. The Dem coup worked in 1974 so now the Dems think they can do it again.
You guys keep skipping over the blow job impeachment

Speaking of VP's and alt-history, I wish Curtis Lemay were alive today. From what I have been told from people alive back during the day, nobody united people in fear like that man when he started talking about nukes being just another weapon and lamenting that we weren't using them.
Guy was scary

I have been reading that his bashing of the MSM was a hit with the working class and that he drew big crowds as VP. In some blue collar areas, his appearances drew larger crowds than a sitting president who shortly afterwards won re-election in one of the biggest landslide presidential election victories ever.

You know he was a crook, right? Oh....wait......Republicans don't have to follow the law.

You know he was a crook, right? Oh....wait......Republicans don't have to follow the law.

He claims he resigned to save the country the spectacle. He never got his day in court because he didn't want to put his country through the ordeal.

Forum List

Back