Spiritual teachings

I remember the first time I learned about Aleister Crowley. I was just a girl, probably around seven or so. My family had a collection of thirty-three beautiful black Time-Life books, called "Mysteries of the Unknown", which at the time were my favorite things to read. Every one of them was filled with countless high quality photos and artwork, gorgeous covers, pages with sometimes golden and reflective titles/ lettering/ images, and was a collection of professional/ scholarly insight and research into "occult" related subjects.

I highly recommend them to you and anyone fascinated with the occult.

ih53888211.jpg

My first grimoires lol

mBy7t6xjfVvDqVbcF30eInQ.jpg

Epic

122713-hw94dfd9b7-mysteries-of-the-unknown-13-of-33-time-life-hc-books-psychic-visions-spirits-3.jpg

Among many, many, other subjects, several of these amazing books briefly described Crowley, but one had a long in-depth article about Crowley's Life, and I became completely fascinated with him, among others.

Anyway...

If you wish to ascertain some level of Crowley's intelligence, might I suggest that you read his "Diary of a Drug Fiend". Even though it is fiction, it is influenced by many of his own Life experiences. However, the primary reason that I feel you should read it is because of how Crowley masterfully wields the Power of language, and the beautiful glimpse it gives you into his mind.

And if you are more interested in his serious esoteric studies, I really liked "Liber 777"... but just a heads up- it is not easily understood unless you are already familiar with the subjects it covers.

777_and_other_Qabalistic_writings_of_Aleister_Crowley_(front_cover).gif

And Thelema... are you familiar with Thelema? What is there not to love about Thelema?

Last edited:
Did anyone here ever get involved with the divine light mission of guru maharaji. ? I am very interested in finding someone who actually took knowledge. That is they were initiated into the meditation technique called knowledge.
I spent some time traipsing around London going to meetings of the divine light mission in the 1970's, but I did not actually take knowledge on the grounds I was scared of what effect it might have on me. The people that took knowledge went around looking spaced out as if they were on drugs. They said they heard divine music.
I would love to hear from someone that actually took knowledge, and find out what effect it had on them in the long term. See the link below for more info.

Prem Rawat - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Very few people here, if any, would find it in their Nature to experience anything O9A related. Read at your own risk.

Calam o - WSA 352 Order of Nine Angles

This is an epic archive of various Order of Nine Angles writings & maleficium, including some deep material from nexion WSA352.

Last edited:
Lets try this. Has anyone here had any psychic experiences? I will recount a couple of mine to start.

In my youth when I was living in London alone, I had what might be described as an anxiety attack due to circumstances that had occurred that day. I was freaking out and not knowing what to do when suddenly the door burst open and a friend rushed in and asked if I was alright.. I told him my troubles and he talked me down.
He had a sixth sense that something was wrong with me, and he had run up the street from his flat to help me.
I always remember that as personal evidence that he was somewhat psychic.

In 1998 I was broke and my credit card was maxed out, and I really wanted a good computer that I could not afford. I was thinking to myself " it will be the next century before I can afford one" as I thought that I heard a female voice say "help is coming from an unexpected source". I took no notice of it, but later in the week when I was picking the lottery numbers I felt a presence and I felt guided to pick the numbers. The next Saturday one hour before the draw I picked up the ticket and thought to myself "maybe its worth a fortune, No its not" and I threw the ticket down. At that moment I heard the same female voice say " You won".
An hour later the lottery draw took place and I got a five number win of £1182 which turned out to be just enough money to get a computer and pay off my credit card.
The point is that I never heard that female voice before or since, and I have done the lottery every week. So the odds against hearing a voice telling me I won on the only week I did win must be astronomical. It is fifty five thousand to one against getting five numbers so what are the odds that you hear a voice telling you you won on the only occasion that you did win.
I believe it was a spirit that guided me to pick the five numbers, and it also means that the spirits can see into the future to predict the winning numbers.

Well I have had a lot of other experiences in spiritualist churches, but I would really like to hear from someone else about theirs.

“Just as in the body, eye and ear develop as organs of perception, as senses for bodily processes, so does a man develop in himself soul and spiritual organs of perception through which the soul and spiritual worlds are opened to him. For those who do not have such higher senses, these worlds are dark and silent, just as the bodily world is dark and silent for a being without eyes and ears.”
Rudolf Steiner,Theosophy : An Introduction to the Spiritual Processes in Human Life and in the Cosmos

I started this thread by saying I spend a lot of time criticising Islam so I thought I would offer an alternative spiritual view. If I say so myself I have collected together a substantial list of links to spiritual books.
But if I could only have posted one link it would be the following link to a book called 'Christ in you'
The title is self explanatory and it claims to be a message from the spirit world. It tells us that God is within us all.
I just wish I could get the Muslims here to at least browse through it so they would see what I am talking about.

http://www.spiritwritings.com/christinyou.pdf

You want a free book. It is called the Holy Bible. All of the spiritualism you need (and all of the answers to life) can be found in that book. Visit one of your local churches, they will be happy to give you one if you don't already have it.

I said in post 4 that I was disenchanted with the bible in the 1960's while attending bible classes, because I could not accept that God would throw anyone into hellfire. But I found the teachings of Silver Birch uplifting and comforting. You might like to follow the link in post 4 to see what I mean..

You loved man first and that led to your abandonment of Jesus, the way, the truth, and the light.

Right now you're being fooled by demons and thinking it's spiritualism. Demons that want you to go to hell.

Forum List

Back