Spiritual teachings

I just did a google for an old friend called Trevor Williams and found the following link to 'two worlds magazine'.

I sat in a psychic developing circle with Trevor Williams in the 1970's and I watched him develop into a medium in front of my eyes. He used to go into a trance and was taken over by a Chinese spirit guide that I was able to speak to. He was a friend and I knew he was not trying to fool me, and he still practices as a spiritualist medium to this day.

http://www.twoworldsmag.co.uk/images/sample.pdf

I have mainly been critical of Islam on this forum although I did try starting threads about spiritualism and the occult in the past, and they had little uptake, probably because not many people know anything about it.
So here is a new thread with some of the many things I have studied. I will try to build a library of links here and the first one is to the site of my late Guru, Raj Ananda. He exuded spiritual power and you could feel it. Many of his followers said they saw visions when he went into meditation. I myself saw nothing but felt the spiritual energy as a force that we laughingly called the High energy club. If anyone can be bothered to briefly listen to one of his videos you might even find it affects you too.

Gururaj Ananda Yogi Let my love be measured by giving and not by gain

Interesting. I'm not much of a "spiritual" person though. :) Some of these are long, but I'll try to look at more later.

You want a free book. It is called the Holy Bible. All of the spiritualism you need (and all of the answers to life) can be found in that book. Visit one of your local churches, they will be happy to give you one if you don't already have it.

I said in post 4 that I was disenchanted with the bible in the 1960's while attending bible classes, because I could not accept that God would throw anyone into hellfire. But I found the teachings of Silver Birch uplifting and comforting. You might like to follow the link in post 4 to see what I mean..

God doesn't throw anyone into hellfire. He so bad wants you to love Him He died for you on the Cross.

Question: "Why does God send people to hell?"

Answer:
The Bible says that God created hell for Satan and the wicked angels who rebelled against Him, but there are people in hell also (Matthew 25:41). Both angelic beings and human beings are in hell for the same reason, sin (Romans 6:23).

Because God is completely righteous and morally perfect (Psalm 18:30), He always does what is right—there is no “darkness” in God, not the smallest speck of imperfection (1 John 1:5). God Himself is the standard for what is right, good, and moral. If it were not for God being the standard of moral perfection, created beings would have nothing to measure themselves against. In other words, if God is perfectly righteous, then anything that falls short of said perfection is sinful, and every human being who has ever lived, since Adam’s fall from grace, has committed sin (Romans 3:23). Because Adam sinned, the entire human race now has a sinful nature (Romans 5:12). But people do not go to hell because of Adam’s sin; they go to hell because of their own sin, which they freely choose (James 1:13–16).

Since God is eternal, immutable, and infinite, and all sins are fundamentally against God, God has decreed the just punishment for sin must also be eternal (Matthew 25:46). There is another aspect to consider, which is that God also created people to live eternally. So when someone commits a sin against another person, the offended person has also been eternally wronged.

God, therefore, has deemed all who commit sin will go to hell because they have failed to meet His righteous standard; they have broken His Law of moral perfection. If God did not send people to hell for breaking His laws, it could be said that God is not just (Psalm 7:11). A good analogy is a court of law with a judge and a lawbreaker. A just judge will always convict the person who has been found guilty. If that judge did not pursue justice for the crime, he would not be a just judge (Deuteronomy 32:4).

However, the good news is that God is also merciful. In His rich mercy, He made a way for sinners to avoid the punishment of hell by trusting in the atoning work of His Son, Jesus Christ (Mark 16:16). For Christians, the penalty of sin has been removed and placed upon Christ on the cross (1 Peter 2:24). Because of the sacrifice of Christ, God is still just—the sin is punished—yet He is also merciful to all who believe.

I am bringing my thread back for reference , as an alternative to all the bible thumping.

I am bringing my thread back for reference , as an alternative to all the bible thumping.
there is an inseparability that can not be explained for the existence of a distinct Spirit at least in terms of an unhindered existence.

that was my contribution pg 2 ... your welcome.

do you believe anyone has ever separated their Spirit from their physiology during their lifetime ...

there is an inseparability that can not be explained for the existence of a distinct Spirit at least in terms of an unhindered existence.

do you believe anyone has ever separated their Spirit from their physiology during their lifetime ...

All religions have emanated from this mystical experience.

Last edited:

... from this mystical experience.

are you saying it has occurred or is in some manner attempted to be understood as being possible ... and you are right, nothing new in the thought.

are you saying it has occurred or is in some manner attempted to be understood as being possible ... and you are right, nothing new in the thought.

Yes, it has occurred. Yet, is it reality, or an illusion?

Last edited:

Some people claim they can astral travel. That is leave their body and return to it. I have never had this experience myself so cannot verify it.

until demonstrated it is only an illusion -

however it may be partially an evolutionary goal requiring first The Triumph of Good vs Evil for it to happen. someway beings seem to know that to accomplish that kind of freedom.

Forum List

Back