Spicer Threatens the Free Press

Spicer should be denied the freedom of speech and legal representation it seems, just so long as the press can be free to lie about him 24/7.

Once AGAIN ---- the fact that this Lombard guy started yelling at Spicer is not a "lie". IT'S ON VIDEO.

Are you so dense you cannot understand what people have been saying? What folks are complaining about is not the fact that the incident happened but that lombard accused spicer of using the n word back when he was l5 yrs. old.

Then their gripe is with Mr. Lombard. He's the one who made the accusation. All AP did was report that he did so. Which is also what NewportRI.com did originally, which is also what The Blaze and the Moonie Times and various other sources also reported. There can be no dispute that Lombard made that accusation. Once again--- it's recorded, and eyewitnessed.

That should have been Spicer's target too -- Lombard. What's interesting about this --- and really the only thing interesting about this --- is that they chose to go after the media messenger instead of the actual accusant. Which, in turn, tells us what their real agenda is here, and that is suppressing the news.

Get it yet?

Spicer should be denied the freedom of speech and legal representation it seems, just so long as the press can be free to lie about him 24/7.

Once AGAIN ---- the fact that this Lombard guy started yelling at Spicer is not a "lie". IT'S ON VIDEO.

Are you so dense you cannot understand what people have been saying? What folks are complaining about is not the fact that the incident happened but that lombard accused spicer of using the n word back when he was l5 yrs. old.

Then their gripe is with Mr. Lombard. He's the one who made the accusation. All AP did was report that he did so. Which is also what NewportRI.com did originally, which is also what The Blaze and the Moonie Times and various other sources also reported. There can be no dispute that Lombard made that accusation. Once again--- it's recorded, and eyewitnessed.

That should have been Spicer's target too -- Lombard. What's interesting about this --- and really the only thing interesting about this --- is that they chose to go after the media messenger instead of the actual accusant. Which, in turn, tells us what their real agenda is here, and that is suppressing the news.

Get it yet?

Get it yet?

LOL are you incapable of understanding the last few posts which clearly show what the problem is? I pointed it out over and over but you seem unable to wrap your head around it...like it zooms right over your head. I mean i spelled it out in the most simple fashion step by step what happened and the problem with what happened...still you do not get it.

Look...I can deal with ignorance...ignorance can be remedied but I cannot deal with utter stupidity or the inability to comprehend the written word. It is like you just tuned in and have no knowledge of what has been posted.

O.K. let me go over this once again step by step..............Lombard indeed made the accusation...and the accusation being tht spicer used the n word back when they were kids around l4 or l5 yrs. of age.

Then you say...and I quote.... "All AP did was report that he did so".....That is the problem pal they disseminated a hurtful statement that defames Spicer....which first of all goes against the ethics of journalism of which i posted...now are you with me so far. Do you understand what the ethics or code of conduct of journalism is? Here is the link to that --https://www.spj.org/ethicscode.asp

read that then you will understand that by disseminating lombards accusation they violated their on code of conduct. i.e. by dissiminating hurtful information without having any basis to believe the accusation to be truthful or accurate.

Yes...you are right that there is no dispute that lombard mde the accusation as in it is plainly visible on the video I posted of the booksigning event.

Now you really screw up when you say he should have gone after lombard instead of the media.

The fact that the media spread this hurtful accusation all over the country is the problem because it defames Spicer.

Thus the media is the guilty party when it comes to the defamation of Lombard. Lombard saying it at the book signing event in front of a handfull of people is not of much significance in and of itself but when someone spreads that accusation all over the world...that is the problem, that is where and how the defamation occurs.

That is what must be addressed and it should be addressed in a court of law...and hopefully spicer will follow through with his threat to take legal action.

This is not rocket science pal...you simply seem to have some sort of limited capacity to see the truth of the matter.

Again...here is the link to the journalism code of ethics in case the one above does not work.......SPJ Code of Ethics - Society of Professional Journalists

Last edited:

Get it yet?

Get it yet?

LOL are you incapable of understanding the last few posts which clearly show what the problem is? I pointed it out over and over but you seem unable to wrap your head around it...like it zooms right over your head. I mean i spelled it out in the most simple fashion step by step what happened and the problem with what happened...still you do not get it.

Look...I can deal with ignorance...ignorance can be remedied but I cannot deal with utter stupidity or the inability to comprehend the written word. It is like you just tuned in and have no knowledge of what has been posted.

O.K. let me go over this once again step by step..............Lombard indeed made the accusation...and the accusation being tht spicer used the n word back when they were kids around l4 or l5 yrs. of age.

Then you say...and I quote.... "All AP did was report that he did so".....That is the problem pal they disseminated a hurtful statement that defames Spicer....which first of all goes against the ethics of journalism of which i posted...now are you with me so far. Do you understand what the ethics or code of conduct of journalism is? Here is the link to that --https://www.spj.org/ethicscode.asp--now read that then you will understand that by disseminating lombards accusation they violated their on code of conduct. i.e. by dissiminating hurtful information without having any basis to believe the accusation to be truthful or accurate.

Yes...you are right that there is no dispute that lombard mde the accusation as in it is plainly visible on the video I posted of the booksigning event.

Now you really screw up when you say he should have gone after lombard instead of the media.

The fact that the media spread this hurtful accusation all over the country is the problem because it defames Spicer.

Thus the media is the guilty party when it comes to the defamation of Lombard. Lombard saying it at the book signing event in front of a handfull of people is not of much significance in and of itself but when someone spreads that accusation all over the world...that is the problem, that is where and how the defamation occurs.

That is what must be addressed and it should be addressed in a court of law...and hopefully spicer will follow through with his threat to take legal action.

This is not rocket science pal...you simply seem to have some sort of limited capacity to see the truth of the matter.

pogo is a extremist supporter of all things anti trump. It doesn't matter if it is a lie, all that matters is if it could possibly, remotely hurt trump, pogo is all for it. To hell with the innocent people who are harmed, and the damage done to country, it's anti trump all the time.

Get it yet?

Get it yet?

Then you say...and I quote.... "All AP did was report that he did so".....That is the problem pal they disseminated a hurtful statement that defames Spicer....which first of all goes against the ethics of journalism of which i posted...now are you with me so far. Do you understand what the ethics or code of conduct of journalism is? Here is the link to that --https://www.spj.org/ethicscode.asp--now read that then you will understand that by disseminating lombards accusation they violated their on code of conduct. i.e. by dissiminating hurtful information without having any basis to believe the accusation to be truthful or accurate.

pogo is a extremist supporter of all things anti trump. It doesn't matter if it is a lie, all that matters is if it could possibly, remotely hurt trump, pogo is all for it. To hell with the innocent people who are harmed, and the damage done to country, it's anti trump all the time.

I understand what you are saying about pogo...but in additon I think he is extremely obtuse...has trouble with the written word. However, when you say "it is all a lie" i think that confuses him. Let me try and make it a little clearer....it is not a lie that lombard the black guy made a statement accusing Spicer of using the n word all those years ago when they were kids...that statement is on the video of lombard accusing spicer of using the n word. The problem is the media disseminated the claim made by lombard that spicer used the n word. That is the problem....the dissemination of a statement that they had no basis to believe was accurate. No witnessess around from all those years ago to verify the hurtful statement. No way lombard can prove that spicer actually used the n word. No way for spicer to prove he did not use the n word. Yet the media disseminated that hurtful statement with no evidence that the statement of spicer using the n word all those years ago is accurate. That thus makes the media the culprit ak the guilty party and why spicer has threatened legal action against the media and not against lombard.

Also one more time...the dissemination of the lombard accusation by the media violates their own code of conduct as well as being defaming under the law.

Here again...the link to the media code of conduct..............SPJ Code of Ethics - Society of Professional Journalists

I doubt pogo will read it and even if he does read it ..he will probably not be able to understand it...thus I post it mainly just for the benefit of the readers of this thread.

Last edited:
Now let me make a prediction.....Pogo facing the outing and shame of being proven incompetent in this matter will resort to playing the race card...he will accuse us of being racist. That is always the liberals fall back position when they are proven wrong. Does anyone know if Pogo is an African-American?

Get it yet?

Get it yet?

Again --- correct.

And again --- you just recounted exactly the same story the AP and aaaalllll those other sources recounteed including the original. By your standard then you are "unethical" and should "retract" your post.

Right?

Feel free to demonstrate to the class how you didn't just report exactly the same thing the AP passed on from the original report.

Feel free also to essplain to the class why TheHill and TheBlaze and The Guardian and alllll those other sources who just reported exactly what you did including the original source in Rhode Island --- are not guilty of the same thing, since it's the exact same story.

Then you say...and I quote.... "All AP did was report that he did so".....That is the problem pal they disseminated a hurtful statement that defames Spicer....which first of all goes against the ethics of journalism of which i posted...now are you with me so far. Do you understand what the ethics or code of conduct of journalism is? Here is the link to that --https://www.spj.org/ethicscode.asp

Hey, you want to keep digging, let's enable you.

Section I "Seek Truth and Report It: (Duh)

>> Take responsibility for the accuracy of their work. Verify information before releasing it. Use original sources whenever possible.
Check. Done in full.

Provide context. Take special care not to misrepresent or oversimplify in promoting, previewing or summarizing a story.
Again, check. Done in full.

Gather, update and correct information throughout the life of a news story.
A third time -- check, done in full. See also post 120 for said "updating".

Identify sources clearly. The public is entitled to as much information as possible to judge the reliability and motivations of sources.
Once AGAIN all done. All sources were identified (NewportRI.com) by TheHill where I got it, by AP, and by the various other sources cited and many more not cited. Including video.

Consider sources’ motives before promising anonymity. Reserve anonymity for sources who may face danger, retribution or other harm, and have information that cannot be obtained elsewhere. Explain why anonymity was granted.
Does not apply; nobody was "granted anonymity". We've got everybody's name including the accusant.

Diligently seek subjects of news coverage to allow them to respond to criticism or allegations of wrongdoing.
Done. Again, see post 120 for the link to it.

Avoid undercover or other surreptitious methods of gathering information unless traditional, open methods will not yield information vital to the public.
Does not apply. It was a public incident in a public place, eyewitnessed and recorded --- and responded to. Again, if Spicer wants to maintain that the incident did not happen, then he can't go on record as reacting to it. PERIOD.

Be vigilant and courageous about holding those with power accountable. Give voice to the voiceless.
It would seem that's what this story is about, would it not?

Support the open and civil exchange of views, even views they find repugnant.
Ditto above. The Spicer attorney is the entity who's trying to make this not happen --- not the AP.

Recognize a special obligation to serve as watchdogs over public affairs and government. Seek to ensure that the public’s business is conducted in the open, and that public records are open to all.
At this point you're just getting dug deeper and deeper --- by YOUR OWN LINK.

Provide access to source material when it is relevant and appropriate.
Video, HELLO? Go ahead and make the case that the video we're watching ---- isn't happening.
I dare you.

Boldly tell the story of the diversity and magnitude of the human experience. Seek sources whose voices we seldom hear.
Ever heard of Lombard before this?

Here comes da big one:
Label advocacy and commentary.
Voilà. Lombard's rant is clearly identified as his commentary -- not the AP, who didn't even originate the story. This is the part that doesn't seem to penetrate your obtuse cranium.

Go ahead and prove me wrong. QUOTE them.

Oooooooooooopsie. Not there, is it. What a shocker.

Never deliberately distort facts or context, including visual information. Clearly label illustrations and re-enactments.
Done. Neutral account, clearly attributing commentary to the commentator. Video linked. Accusee's reaction also published. At least twice.

Never plagiarize. Always attribute.
Clearly done, by AP and by my OP where all links were cited exactly for this reason.

Section: "Minimize Harm":
Balance the public’s need for information against potential harm or discomfort. Pursuit of the news is not a license for arrogance or undue intrusiveness.
Public incident at a public event, recorded and eyewitnessed. No "intrusiveness" was needed. Indeed it was already news from NewportRI.com.

Show compassion for those who may be affected by news coverage. Use heightened sensitivity when dealing with juveniles, victims of sex crimes, and sources or subjects who are inexperienced or unable to give consent. Consider cultural differences in approach and treatment
Nothing applies here except perhaps to Lombard. Spicer is certainly not "inexperienced". And his denials were also put out by the same source.

You seem to be teetering on the branch of a tree where Spicer's allowed to put out denials yet the accusation is not allowed to be reported. Which, if it did not exist, there would be nothing to deny.
That's a weird place dood.

Realize that private people have a greater right to control information about themselves than public figures and others who seek power, influence or attention. Weigh the consequences of publishing or broadcasting personal information.
Doesn't apply here -- it's the other way around. A book signing is indisputably a public figure seeking power, influence or attention. No personal info was published beyond the actor's name.

Consider the long-term implications of the extended reach and permanence of publication. Provide updated and more complete information as appropriate.
Redundant; already done. Once again as noted the Washington Examiner, which seem to have begun their coverage of the event with the lawyer's denial rather than the event itself ---- also got that story from the AP. That would be the same AP that's allegedly not allowed to report the incident happened.

You wanna go on with this or have you dug deeply enough? :dig:

read that then you will understand that by disseminating lombards accusation they violated their on code of conduct. i.e. by dissiminating hurtful information without having any basis to believe the accusation to be truthful or accurate.

Once AGAIN for the wilfully obtuse, THERE IS NO SUGGESTION THEY "BELIEVE" ANYTHING beyond the incident itself, i.e. what's on the video. I challenged the other wag to cite/quote that and he can't do it. Because it DOESN'T EXIST.

Proper journalism doesn't "believe" jack squat other than who-what-where-when. Which they duly passed on. That's all there is in there. Prove me wrong.

That would be up to him, but if you're going to go after somebody who makes an accusation ---- WHO MADE IT? Why would you go after the TV set that just reported your taxes went up, instead of those who raised your taxes? Are you retarded?

Say what you really mean. It's a problem because Spicer --- and apparently you --- want people NOT TO KNOW it happened. Snowflakery writ large. If anybody "spread this accusation all over the country it would be two people: (1) Lombard, making the accusation on video at a PUBLIC event; and (2) Bowe, that's lawyer-boy, throwing petulant hissyfits to make sure the story got traction. Had he not done that, I wouldn't have even known (or cared) about it. But that took it from a meaningless personal interaction into a direct assault on the First Amendment. And here you are taking the side against that Amendment.

Which is really informative.

For fucking WHAT?

Once AGAIN for the 482nd time, quote us where the AP made any accusation about anything.

Again...here is the link to the journalism code of ethics in case the one above does not work.......SPJ Code of Ethics - Society of Professional Journalists

You want me to take you to the cleaners AGAIN??

Face it shortpants, you just can't admit you and Spicey are in the wrong here.

Fascinating how the Associated Press is "allowed" to publish denials from Spicer's attorney about an accusation, yet somehow not "allowed" to publish what the accusation was in the first place.

Having it both ways --- Priceless.

Oh and guess what. Monday has come and gone; Tuesday too. The sum total complete list of "legal action" taken by Sean Spicer and his Poser lawyer boy follows:

1. Nothing
  2. Zero
  3. Bupkis
  4. Fuckall
  5. Sweet Fanny Adams
  6. The Void
  7. 404 Not Found
  8. This space intentionally left blank

That's it. As expected and inevitable.

Back to your bubble now.

Last edited:
Now let me make a prediction.....Pogo facing the outing and shame of being proven incompetent in this matter will resort to playing the race card...he will accuse us of being racist. That is always the liberals fall back position when they are proven wrong. Does anyone know if Pogo is an African-American?

It would appear you just went there. would it not. On the basis of nothing whatsoever.

Again --- informative. Let alone desperate.

Get it yet?

Get it yet?

Rump wasn't even present here. Not in the book signing, not in the incident that was recounted in prep school. Now you're desperately failing around for ad homs because you failed to find any flaws in my points.

Again --- predictable.

Wow, Spicer threatened him and called him the N word?

I remember reading about Mitt Romney getting 5 guys to attack a quiet gay guy in High School. The 5 guys held the poor kid down so Romney could assault him.

Years later, one of the 5 guys ran into the kid he helped assault at an airport and apologized. The kid guy said, at the time, he was terrified for his life. He thought they were going to kill him. He had to change schools. And he never told his parents because he was ashamed.

The only guy USMB Republicans had sympathy for was Mitt. Figures.

Who knows who Spicer rounded up to protect him when he made the threats?

First, let's get the definition of libel so that everyone knows what the word means......

libel
[lahy-buh l]
See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
noun
  1. Law.
    1. defamation by written or printed words, pictures, or in any form other than by spoken words or gestures.
    2. the act or crime of publishing it.
    3. a formal written declaration or statement, as one containing the allegations of a plaintiff or the grounds of a charge.
  2. anything that is defamatory or that maliciously or damagingly misrepresents.

Now that is out of the way....................

Spicer is a public figure due to the fact that he was Trump's press secretary for a while. Then, there is the fact that he wrote a book. And, sometimes, when a public figure appears for a book signing, there are reporters around to see what happens.

The dude Lombard walked up to Spicer and said that Spicer had called him the n word when they were in high school. There was then an altercation and the reporters simply recorded what happened. Why? Because Spicer was a public figure, and since there was an incident at his book signing, they considered that news.

Did the AP defame Spicer? No. Lombard did. The AP reported on the incident that happened at the book signing. They did not call Spicer anything or defame him in any way. They simply reported on an incident that happened.

If you want to accuse anyone of libel, then you should be looking at Lombard, not the AP.

No. Spicer doesn't have a case.

Newspaper Fell For Now-Discredited Sean Spicer ‘Racism’ Tip-Off From Ex-Convict

Lombard_Spicer-640x480.jpg

Twitter, Cindy Ord/Getty Images for SiriusXM
2 Aug 2018120
Sean Spicer, President Donald Trump’s former press secretary, threatened legal action after the Associated Press picked up a Newport Daily New video of Boston-area man Alex Lombard accusing him on Friday of using a racial slur in the 1980s when the two men attended the same high school.

Breitbart News has learned that the viral video of Lombard confronting Spicer at a book signing that began the national media frenzy had its genesis when Lombard, a man with a history of trouble with the law, told the local paper he was planning the stunt.

Sources familiar with the matter told Breitbart News that a Newport Daily News representative admitted at least one of their employees was in contact with Lombard before the incident, setting up the filming with the expectation the incident would take place. The newspaper declined to comment on this, referring Breitbart News to their legal team.

The Associated Press quickly picked up the incident, providing no evidence of the accusation’s credibility beyond the word of Lombard, who, Breitbart News has since learned, spent nearly three years in a Georgia prison after multiple parole violations stemming from an arrest over crack cocaine possession. After his release in 2002, he entered a no contest plea to driving with a suspended license.

Lombard was quickly removed from the book signing, but not before he gave the gist of his accusation for the camera — that Spicer had called him the N-word while trying to instigate a fight. Lombard claimed to have been 14 at the time of the incident, which would place it circa 1987, when Spicer, who as an adult stands 5′ 6″, was 15 or 16.

A Twitter account with Lombard’s picture and only 16 followers has been making similar accusations since February 2017, shortly after Spicer joined the White House. In at least one instance he appears to be trying to get the attention of CNN:

I now think Pogo may have been a part of this scam....I wonder how many sites on the internet has he visited? The mods need to look into this poster Pogo.

Thread is re-opened.. If this new evidence about the original news source COORDINATING the confrontation without vetting the story -- it would make them ACCOMPLICES to libel. If that's the way this story goes in the next 24 hours or so -- the thread will be re-closed.

And again --- you just recounted exactly the same story the AP and aaaalllll those other sources recounteed including the original. By your standard then you are "unethical" and should "retract" your post.

"All those other sources" DID NOT just repost the libel as fact. They covered the story from an ethics of journalism perspective and were GREATLY CRITICAL of the original DinkyTown source. Their purpose for the coverage was MUCH different than whatever purpose or motivation the DinkyTown Herald had in RUNNING that random sketchy hit piece. Or -- as it now seems possible -- those "journalists" were actually complicit in the crime.

I'll be looking for more info on the story. But right now all of Lombard's
witnesses are denying the event and allowing their NAMES to appear with the denials.

Note the forum: "US Constitution" -- not Current Events or Politics. This is not (particularly) a story about Sean Spicer. It is a story about the First Amendment and whether it can be curtailed at will.

Spicer Threatens Legal Action over AP Report

>> Former White House press secretary Sean Spicer is threatening to take legal action against The Associated Press over a report from the wire service about an incident on his book tour.

Spicer’s attorney Michael Bowe said in a statement Saturday night that the AP “recklessly republished a categorically false accusation about Sean Spicer.”

“The claim is a lie. Absent an immediate retraction, Mr. Spicer will take legal action Monday,” Bowe said.

The AP report, published Saturday, documented an incident at Spicer’s book signing in Middletown, R.I., on Friday during which a black man claiming to be a former classmate of Spicer’s at Portsmouth Abbey School accused Spicer of using a racial slur.

... Video of the encounter published by NewportRI.com shows the man, identified as Alex Lombard, approaching Spicer at event.

"Sean, I was a day student at [Portsmouth] Abbey, too, with you,” Lombard said.

“Hey," Spicer replies. "Yes, how are you?”

You don’t remember that you tried to fight me?" Lombard said. "But you called me a [n-word] first."

The video then shows security escorting Lombard out of the event.

"I was 14 then. I was a scared kid then, Sean. I’m not scared to fight you now," Lombard can be heard yelling. <<
The AP report in question is in the link worded "AP Report". The actual video of the incident taking place, in full, is at the link worded "NewportRI.com".

Obviously the event happened. You can't deny what's clearly visible and audible on video --- yet here's Spicer's attorney threatening just that.

In his campaigning in 2016 Spicer's ex-boss Rump infamously declared he would "open up" libel laws to intimidate journalism and control the flow of information.

Perhaps Spicer wishes that could have been a real thing*.

(* "Congress shall make no Law respecting an establishment of Religion, or prohibiting the free Exercise thereof; or abridging the Freedom of Speech, or of the Press; or the Right of the People peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of Grievances".)

Long live the First Amendment. :salute:

So a Communist agitator, most likely a plant by AP, lied and engaged in Slander and Libel against Spicer, with AP pimping the affair like the little Goebbels they are.

The AP is guilty of libel.

The First does not provide cover for libel and open lies.

You're an idiot Sluggo.

"All those other sources" DID NOT just repost the libel as fact. They covered the story from an ethics of journalism perspective and were GREATLY CRITICAL of the original DinkyTown source. Their purpose for the coverage was MUCH different than whatever purpose or motivation the DinkyTown Herald had in RUNNING that random sketchy hit piece. Or -- as it now seems possible -- those "journalists" were actually complicit in the crime.

I'll be looking for more info on the story. But right now all of Lombard'
witnesses are denying the event and allowing their NAMES to appear with the denials.

I have no idea what "Dinky Town" is or what you're talking about here. There is no "Dinky Town Herald" I've ever heard of.

But I did take the liberty to look around to the original reporting source (NewportRI.com) and found a followup that leaves conflicting accounts -- here

Lombard says John Farley (brother of Chris) tackled Spicer; Farley says nothing like that happened. Marc Leandro on the other hand says it definitely did happen. Yet another he said - he said.

Then there was:
>> Cliff Hobbins has been teaching subjects including history, economics and foreign policy at Portsmouth Abbey since 1976, and was a housemaster when the alleged incident occurred. He said Portsmouth Abbey housemasters met regularly and there was never a hint of such a disturbance.

“Something like that would have spread like wildfire among the students and it would have gotten back to the faculty,” Hobbins said. “We have very strict disciplinary policies regarding something like that. Sean Spicer would have been expelled if anything like that occurred.

“I’m not saying it never happened, but I did not know anything about it,” Hobbins said. << (from the same link)
So two conflicting accounts and a neutral but at least they have actual names.

As for "as it now seems possible -- those "journalists" were actually complicit in the crime" that's a suggestion with nothing behind it. Not even a name.

Newspaper Fell For Now-Discredited Sean Spicer ‘Racism’ Tip-Off From Ex-Convict

Lombard_Spicer-640x480.jpg

Twitter, Cindy Ord/Getty Images for SiriusXM
2 Aug 2018120
Sean Spicer, President Donald Trump’s former press secretary, threatened legal action after the Associated Press picked up a Newport Daily New video of Boston-area man Alex Lombard accusing him on Friday of using a racial slur in the 1980s when the two men attended the same high school.

Breitbart News has learned that the viral video of Lombard confronting Spicer at a book signing that began the national media frenzy had its genesis when Lombard, a man with a history of trouble with the law, told the local paper he was planning the stunt.

Sources familiar with the matter told Breitbart News that a Newport Daily News representative admitted at least one of their employees was in contact with Lombard before the incident, setting up the filming with the expectation the incident would take place. The newspaper declined to comment on this, referring Breitbart News to their legal team.

The Associated Press quickly picked up the incident, providing no evidence of the accusation’s credibility beyond the word of Lombard, who, Breitbart News has since learned, spent nearly three years in a Georgia prison after multiple parole violations stemming from an arrest over crack cocaine possession. After his release in 2002, he entered a no contest plea to driving with a suspended license.

Lombard was quickly removed from the book signing, but not before he gave the gist of his accusation for the camera — that Spicer had called him the N-word while trying to instigate a fight. Lombard claimed to have been 14 at the time of the incident, which would place it circa 1987, when Spicer, who as an adult stands 5′ 6″, was 15 or 16.

A Twitter account with Lombard’s picture and only 16 followers has been making similar accusations since February 2017, shortly after Spicer joined the White House. In at least one instance he appears to be trying to get the attention of CNN:

I now think Pogo may have been a part of this scam....I wonder how many sites on the internet has he visited? The mods need to look into this poster Pogo.

Dood, you were in here declaring an event you have zero knowledge of to be a "lie". And when I asked what your credentials were to know that you had none. So if there's a "scam" going on here it's on your end pally.

In any case none of this is what the thread was about. This is in "US Constitution" for a reason. As I pointed out immediately in my OP it ain't about Sean Spicer or what did or didn't happen 30 years ago. It's about whether censorship of a story one finds inconvenient can validly be effected through legal intimidation.

Which is what Bowe, Spicer's lawyer-boy, implied he would do "Monday" --- and never did.

And btw as I pointed out in the other closed thread, you have no link here. I found the story anyway, in full, and as already noted, it cites NO SOURCES, quotes NO NAMES, and carries NO LINKS. Which makes it pretty fucking ironic that you stomped around throwing things about an AP article that CITED its sources and LINKED them, and now you think you discredit the event ----- not the AP story mind you but the event itself, which provably DID happen --- on the basis of an ipse dixit suggestion from Dimbart that has no idea where it got that info.

Note the forum: "US Constitution" -- not Current Events or Politics. This is not (particularly) a story about Sean Spicer. It is a story about the First Amendment and whether it can be curtailed at will.

Spicer Threatens Legal Action over AP Report

>> Former White House press secretary Sean Spicer is threatening to take legal action against The Associated Press over a report from the wire service about an incident on his book tour.

Spicer’s attorney Michael Bowe said in a statement Saturday night that the AP “recklessly republished a categorically false accusation about Sean Spicer.”

“The claim is a lie. Absent an immediate retraction, Mr. Spicer will take legal action Monday,” Bowe said.

The AP report, published Saturday, documented an incident at Spicer’s book signing in Middletown, R.I., on Friday during which a black man claiming to be a former classmate of Spicer’s at Portsmouth Abbey School accused Spicer of using a racial slur.

... Video of the encounter published by NewportRI.com shows the man, identified as Alex Lombard, approaching Spicer at event.

"Sean, I was a day student at [Portsmouth] Abbey, too, with you,” Lombard said.

“Hey," Spicer replies. "Yes, how are you?”

You don’t remember that you tried to fight me?" Lombard said. "But you called me a [n-word] first."

The video then shows security escorting Lombard out of the event.

"I was 14 then. I was a scared kid then, Sean. I’m not scared to fight you now," Lombard can be heard yelling. <<
The AP report in question is in the link worded "AP Report". The actual video of the incident taking place, in full, is at the link worded "NewportRI.com".

Obviously the event happened. You can't deny what's clearly visible and audible on video --- yet here's Spicer's attorney threatening just that.

In his campaigning in 2016 Spicer's ex-boss Rump infamously declared he would "open up" libel laws to intimidate journalism and control the flow of information.

Perhaps Spicer wishes that could have been a real thing*.

(* "Congress shall make no Law respecting an establishment of Religion, or prohibiting the free Exercise thereof; or abridging the Freedom of Speech, or of the Press; or the Right of the People peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of Grievances".)

Long live the First Amendment. :salute:

So a Communist agitator, most likely a plant by AP, lied and engaged in Slander and Libel against Spicer, with AP pimping the affair like the little Goebbels they are.

The AP is guilty of libel.

The First does not provide cover for libel and open lies.

You're an idiot Sluggo.

You are absolutely correct the first amendment does not provide any legal cover for lies or defamation. Not even to mention though I have mentioned it several times...it is a violation of Journalism's code of ethics to dissiminate any hurtful information with out first checking to see if there is any truthful basis for the hurtful information. i.e. claiming that Spicer used the N word back in high school. Though Pogo in one of his many deceptive(to say the least)posts claimed they had.

I have no idea what "Dinky Town" is or what you're talking about here. There is no "Dinky Town Herald" I've ever heard of.

But I did take the liberty to look around to the original reporting source (NewportRI.com) and found a followup that leaves conflicting accounts -- here

Lombard says John Farley (brother of Chris) tackled Spicer; Farley says nothing like that happened. Marc Leandro on the other hand says it definitely did happen. Yet another he said - he said.

Then there was:
>> Cliff Hobbins has been teaching subjects including history, economics and foreign policy at Portsmouth Abbey since 1976, and was a housemaster when the alleged incident occurred. He said Portsmouth Abbey housemasters met regularly and there was never a hint of such a disturbance.

“Something like that would have spread like wildfire among the students and it would have gotten back to the faculty,” Hobbins said. “We have very strict disciplinary policies regarding something like that. Sean Spicer would have been expelled if anything like that occurred.

“I’m not saying it never happened, but I did not know anything about it,” Hobbins said. << (from the same link)

As for "as it now seems possible -- those "journalists" were actually complicit in the crime" that's a suggestion with nothing behind it. Not even a name.

B-bart ASKED the Newport (dinkyTown) Herald to comment on the allegation about AIDING in setting up that confrontation. Simplest thing would be for them to issue to denial. But instead they DODGED the question with no comments. THAT seems to indicate the veracity of the B-bart sources. Why would the paper just not categorically DENY that allegation?

Then there was:

B-bart ASKED the Newport (dinkyTown) Herald to comment on the allegation about AIDING in setting up that confrontation. Simplest thing would be for them to issue to denial. But instead they DODGED the question with no comments. THAT seems to indicate the veracity of the B-bart sources. Why would the paper just not categorically DENY that allegation?

Yanno what, I've actually spent time in Newport Rhode Island and never heard of "Dinky Town".

I have no evidence that Dimbart asked anybody anything. They cited no sources. I can't take the word of Steve Bannon as a serious source, just because he says so without any documentation. I mean come ON.

Forum List

Back