Special Counsel Asks Supreme Court To Rule Quickly Whether Trump Can Be Prosecuted

Most opinions are based on a rationale. Yours apparently isn’t.
We weight our trials in favor of the accused, on purpose. We force the prosecution, for example, to prove their case, not the defendant to prove his innocence. That's the rationale on which I base my opinion that a defendant has the prerogative to delay a trial if he can do it legally. I simply don't care how upset a bunch of haters get if they don't get to cancel him.

Delaying the trial benefits the defendant. Trump will use any tactic to delay the trial, not because his motions have merit but because he wants every possible advantage.
That is the prerogative of every defendant. Why would you seek to deny this defendant's his ability to do it? Perhaps it's not actually justice you're looking for, but vengeance for some perceived insult to yourself.

We weight our trials in favor of the accused, on purpose. We force the prosecution, for example, to prove their case, not the defendant to prove his innocence. That's the rationale on which I base my opinion that a defendant has the prerogative to delay a trial if he can do it legally. I simply don't care how upset a bunch of haters get if they don't get to cancel him.
The defendant does not have a right to delay a trial. That simply doesn’t exist.

That is the prerogative of every defendant. Why would you seek to deny this defendant's his ability to do it? Perhaps it's not actually justice you're looking for, but vengeance for some perceived insult to yourself.
This is gibberish.

The defendant does not have a right to delay the trial.

The defendant does not have a right to delay a trial. That simply doesn’t exist.
He does, however, have the right to file motions and request delays. It's up to the judge to decide if they are legitimate and if they would cause his/her rulings to be overturned on appeal.

Well, just called me old fashioned, but using the criminal justice system for political reasons is a bad thing.
The criminal justice system is for prosecuting violations of crimes. That’s all we are trying to accomplish here.

The victims count as well, and haven't you ever heard of the term:

Justice delayed, is justice denied.

It's a combination of the two, that the Judges use to keep cases moving forward.

Gaslightng

Of course it's you who is looking for something besides justice.
How is it justice to demand the trial be front and center throughout the campaign? Until now, we've had a tradition of not putting political opponents on trial during campaigns. It really makes the whole thing look like banana republic time.

The victims count as well, and haven't you ever heard of the term:

Justice delayed, is justice denied.

It's a combination of the two, that the Judges use to keep cases moving forward.
In this case, who are the victims? Who has suffered damages?

He does, however, have the right to file motions and request delays. It's up to the judge to decide if they are legitimate and if they would cause his/her rulings to be overturned on appeal.
Grest. So let’s have the Supreme Court decide if his argument is legitimate and move on.

There is no violation of due process here. He gets to file his motion and have it adjudicated.

Grest. So let’s have the Supreme Court decide if his argument is legitimate and move on.

There is no violation of due process here. He gets to file his motion and have it adjudicated.
He's not filing the motion, BTW. He's simply seeking to make the prosecution go through the normal appeal process.

Forum List

Back