Speaking the Truth is Now Offensive

ihopehefails

VIP Member
Oct 3, 2009
Nov. 12, 2009

Dear Friend,

Last night, CNN anchor Lou Dobbs announced his departure from the network. As you know, we've been highly critical of Dobbs because he has used his platform to spread myths and propaganda — poisoning the debate over immigration reform and inciting fear and hate against Latinos.

The SPLC was one of the first groups to bring public attention to Dobbs' use of false information provided by racist hate groups.

With your support, we exposed his wildly inaccurate reporting about immigrants — such as his insistence that immigrants had brought thousands of new cases of leprosy to the United States during a recent three-year period.

And we condemned his reliance on the Federation for American Immigration Reform as an authority on immigration issues. This is an organization we have named a hate group with longtime ties to white supremacists.

This past July, we called on CNN executives to fire Dobbs after he relentlessly promoted the racist and utterly baseless idea that President Obama is not a native-born American citizen. Soon thereafter, a number of other organizations joined our call.

Immigration reform is an important and complex issue, one that should be debated honestly. We hope that Dobbs' resignation sends a message to other commentators that the airwaves shouldn't be used to vent extremist rhetoric and fan the flames of hate. Doing so has serious and sometimes violent consequences, as illustrated by the rise in hate crimes against Latinos and the unprecedented number of threats against Obama.

We are committed to exposing those who disseminate misinformation that foments hate. Together, we took a stand, and our actions made a difference. Thank you for everything you do to combat bigotry and intolerance.

Richard Cohen photo

Thank you for your support,
Richard Cohen
J. Richard Cohen
President, Southern Poverty Law Center

Have you noticed they never want to discuss the facts involved but label anything that opposes them as racist or some other social evil. I know I've said this before but every argument the left comes up with is designed to nullify your ability to speak such as declaring ideas as racist. This has the effect to silence others or, since it has been labeled racist, to steer people's natural thinking process away from the debate believing such ideas are immoral.

Last edited:
  • Banned
Maybe FoxNews can find a spot for him

I would not see anything wrong with it because he was just expressing facts that need to be aired and I know we will hear the same cries of racism but since when can't we protect ourselves from diseases brought in from third world countries?

Since when can't we discuss Obama's birth certificate...wait...that has already been done.

oh look surprise surprise nothing to do with poor people...its a Zionist ant-free speech spy ring...what a shocker

Monitoring Hate and Extremist Activity

The Intelligence Project monitors hate groups and extremist activities throughout the U.S. and publishes the Center's award-winning Intelligence Report.

It also offers training to help law enforcement officials and human rights groups combat organized racism, including an online hate crime training course for law enforcement professionals.

Under the name Klanwatch, the Project began monitoring hate activity in 1981. In 1994, after uncovering links between white supremacist organizations and the emerging antigovernment "Patriot" movement, the Center expanded its monitoring operation to include militias and other extremist groups.

Today, the Project tracks more than 800 hate groups around the nation. The quarterly Intelligence Report provides comprehensive updates to law enforcement agencies, the media and the general public.

Read more about the Intelligence Project in our history section.

SPLCenter.org: Intelligence Project

CNN will replace Dobbs with the Major Nidal Malik Hasan Hour of Peace, Light and Jihad

not only do they hate free speech and Dobbs ..they also hate the constitution

The Second Wave
Evidence Grows of Far-Right Militia Resurgence

By Larry Keller

Antigovernment Rhetoric Spills into the Mainstream
Read More

In Pensacola, Fla., retired FBI agent Ted Gunderson tells a gathering of antigovernment "Patriots" that the federal government has set up 1,000 internment camps across the country and is storing 30,000 guillotines and a half-million caskets in Atlanta. They're there for the day the government finally declares martial law and moves in to round up or kill American dissenters, he says. "They're going to keep track of all of us, folks," Gunderson warns.
Outside Atlanta, a so-called "American Grand Jury" issues an "indictment" of Barack Obama for fraud and treason because, the panel concludes, he wasn't born in the United States and is illegally occupying the office of president. Other sham "grand juries" around the country follow suit.

SPLCenter.org: The Second Wave

CNN will replace Lou Dobbs with Jeremiah Wright....

White people can no longer publicly criticize any minority in this country, without being labeled a racist. It doesn't matter if you are giving your fair opinion, or speaking from facts and evidence. If a white person went on T.V. tomorrow, and talked about the disproportion amount of crime between blacks and whites in this country, and gave numbers to back it up, that white person would be harshly criticized.

So why not just give minorities all the anchor jobs? It would save us a whole lot of controversy. Besides, I'm kinda getting tired of hearing about how bad or racist white people are, on a daily basis!

I would not see anything wrong with it because he was just expressing facts that need to be aired and I know we will hear the same cries of racism but since when can't we protect ourselves from diseases brought in from third world countries?

Since when can't we discuss Obama's birth certificate...wait...that has already been done.

Yea, you are right..

I forgot about all that birther nonsense Dobbs aired

I'd can his ass too

If White House John King , a previous White House journalist is taking over from Lou, he better not muffle free-speech on the illegal immigration invasion. I will watch just one program, to see if he hasn't been brain-washed by the Democratic "Fair Doctrine" secret law or the ability to speak out on everything. Then we have this "politically correct" asinine garbage, stopping people from speaking their mind. Just God help America and survival, owing to our corrupt government that is pushing the US worker into a corner, giving preference to foreign national labor.

Without Lou Dobb's, Glenn Beck, O'Reilly commentary Americans would never know about the cloaked agenda of the open border zealots. We would never know that the quasi government agency Council of Foreign Relations and the Federal Reserve banks are not in the best interests of the majority of the American nation. CFR main agenda is to flood America with the free stream of cheap foreign workers, as in Europe? brought the un-exaggerated truth about the 20 to 30 million illegal immigration invasion from every corner of the world? I watch CNN (cable) every day and never heard journalists mention anything about any specific indigenous people regarding the illegal immigration occupancy of our country. He only talk about the gigantic difference who came as newcomers, honestly through the inspection process and do not expect financial government handouts. Not stealing into America like thieves in the night, demanding rights and respect, that is laughable in the eyes of the majority of the legal population.

Some new immigrants wait in line for their visa to enter America, not make excuses because they cheated US workers of their jobs. Go home and come through the front door to be welcomed. Americans all live by the "Rule of Law" so why should people who overstay their tourist visa or just slip by the Border Patrol expect a welcome? Journalist, news-anchors has a right to speak his mind and the US populace will fight any restrictions that deny that right. "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press." Now these ethnic caucuses are pushing to silence Not that the Liberal-Marxists in the Democratic leadership follow the law, anyway? They swear to protect and defend Americans from enemies Domestic and foreign and then intentionally under-fund the--REAL--border fence. Why don't these illegal aliens go home and try shoving this opinion down the throats of other world governments. NOT IN AMERICA?

My guess is that the perpetrators who let loose on Lou's home and family, were illegal alien gang members, who get away with bloody murder every day. Just look towards the--SANCTUARY CITIES--of San Francisco and Los Angeles. If you have the fire-power of these heinous gang bangers, you too would be intimidated? Pity Mr. Dobb's was not in Sheriff Joe's jurisdiction in Arizona, because he would have taken them out. We have persecutors and chief of police, who turn a blind eye to illegal alien and criminals.

IF THE POLITICIANS WANT TO FORCE UPON US ANOTHER AMNESTY. LET US ADOPT WORD-FOR-WORD, MEXICO'S IMMIGRATION LAWS?

WE MUST JAM THE SWITCHBOARDS IN WASHINGTON, PUSHING OUR OWN DEMANDS at 202-224-3121 that bars illegal aliens from the health care insurance "exchange" OR ANOTHER TRAVESTY OF AN AMNESTY. YOUR VOICE IS MAKING AN IMMENSE DIFFERENCE TO HOW THE POLITICIANS VOTE? WARN THEM OF THE CONSEQUENCES OF IGNORING PUBLIC OPINION.

NO NEED FOR ANOTHER DUBIOUS AMNESTY, ADD AMENDMENTS TO THE 1986 SIMPSON/MAZZOLI ACT.

Other pieces of relevant information contributing to the dilemma of US legal population:

1,200 Illegal Workers fired in Minnesota. House Members Urge President to Enforce Immigration Laws to Lower Unemployment. Friends of Arizona Businesses with Illegal Workers Take E-Verify Law to Supreme Court Senate Census allows to Count Illegal Aliens for Congressional redistricting . CBO Says New Health Care Bill Would Cover 2.5 Million More Illegal Aliens. Sen. Reid Kills E-Verify Amendment to Unemployment extension Bill. Pro-Enforcement Candidates win in Virginia and New Jersey. 68% of Americans Oppose Sanctuary Cities and States

You can learn about the corruption and incompetence of lawmakers at NUMBERSUSA. Court cases, political sleaze and immigration non-enforcement at JUDICIAL WATCH. How population growth will effect future generations at CAPSWEB. SAY NO BLANKET AMNESTY!

Illegal immigration is a great topic. I can usually tell what type of person I've got in about a minute.

It's a shame the only anchor openly calling for our troops to come home from around the world is leaving the airwaves.

Yea, you are right..

I forgot about all that birther nonsense Dobbs aired

I'd can his ass too

Again, the debate over Obama's orgin of birth has been deleted. I personally am not convinced that he was born in Kenya as the birthers say but can we not at least discuss it?

No we can't discuss it. While the left argues for the first amendment rights of terrorists and pedophikes, they try to silence anyone who opposes the agenda. Fortunately the country has woken up.

Forum List

Back