Spanish will make you smart

All Romance languages are easier to learn than English. *duuh..what's a Romance language, Tennessee?*

And you'd be surprised...no...shocked to learn that a lot of Latinos know a lot more English than they let on.

wtf?

english is not hard to learn.

it is gutted grammar-wise.

granted, the spelling and pronunciation is not very logical, but hard to learn? there are other beasts in the pond..

try 4-13 cases, tones, a different script, conjugation, declination, whatever..
Yeah, right.

And English gets away with splitting infinitives, has niggling semantic differences between words like "fewer" and "less", on and on and on.....

of course English has some pitfalls, but to learn it to get by and have a conversation, and pass a language test...

i am not talking about being perfect.

All Romance languages are easier to learn than English. *duuh..what's a Romance language, Tennessee?*

And you'd be surprised...no...shocked to learn that a lot of Latinos know a lot more English than they let on.

wtf?

granted, the spelling and pronunciation is not very logical, but hard to learn? there are other beasts in the pond..

Try coming from being a native spanish speaker to try and learn english.

there are sounds that are hard to even make if you only spoke spanish into young adulthood.

wtf?

Try coming from being a native spanish speaker to try and learn english.

there are sounds that are hard to even make if you only spoke spanish into young adulthood.

yeah, hard to pronounce. every language has that. the "th" is troubling ze germans, e.g.

once again, i am not talking about learning to speak a foreign language to perfection.

Good for you.

I bet it has come in pleanty handy too.

its a beautiful language.

We really need to make it clear how stupid it is to INSIST American only know one language

I'm not going to read through the whole thread to guess you only speak English.

She doesn't speak English. She certainly isn't speaking Spanish, but whatever it is, it's Not English.

Good for you.

I bet it has come in pleanty handy too.

its a beautiful language.

We really need to make it clear how stupid it is to INSIST American only know one language

I'm not going to read through the whole thread to guess you only speak English.

She doesn't speak English. She certainly isn't speaking Spanish, but whatever it is, it's Not English.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

you have a girl crush on me huh?

I dont swing that way boody

once again, i am not talking about learning to speak a foreign language to perfection.

You mean, like Alabamaese?

something like this, maybe?

Pickup Truck Stoled

Damn straight
Pickup-Truck-Jump-R_jpg_250x1000_q85.jpg

TM has issues.

She really should learn a first language before she lectures anyone about learning a second one.

Is féidir liom a dhéanamh níos mó ná swear in gaeilge, et en français, und Deutsch.

* I can do more than swear in Gaelic, and in French, and German.

see? that one word there kills me, always had.. doooooytch..:eusa_eh:

German is actually pretty easy. French harder. Gaelic.... just don't go there! Complicated language.... and a nightmare to type!! :lol::lol: Also, gaelic served very little actual purpose - hardly anyone speaks it... even in Ireland or Scotland - and Scottish gaelic is different to Irish gaelic. I speak Irish gaelic.... and not that well. :lol:

Keep speaking it, I hate to see any language die off.

It makes sense that people who live in the southern most part of the USA that borders Mexico, spanish does come in handy. Those who live in the northern most part that borders Canada, I guess french would not hurt either.

It makes sense to those who are going across the border to Mexico, or going to visit Quebec. Believe it or not, most Canadians do not speak French fluently even though it is their 2nd language and it is required in all their schools from 4th grade up. There has always been talk of Quebec leaving Canada. They don't get along. Different languages divide countries, they don't unite them.

Why on earth does anyone think requiring Americans to speak Spanish will do anything different?

Is féidir liom a dhéanamh níos mó ná swear in gaeilge, et en français, und Deutsch.

* I can do more than swear in Gaelic, and in French, and German.

German is actually pretty easy. French harder. Gaelic.... just don't go there! Complicated language.... and a nightmare to type!! :lol::lol: Also, gaelic served very little actual purpose - hardly anyone speaks it... even in Ireland or Scotland - and Scottish gaelic is different to Irish gaelic. I speak Irish gaelic.... and not that well. :lol:

I have found this to be the easiest way to 'speak Gaelic' *hic*

guinnessglass200.jpg

guinnessglass200.jpg

Hey, I'll have you know that an Irish man is never drunk as long as he can hold on to a single blade of grass, and not fall off the edge of the earth. :D

guinnessglass200.jpg

Hey, I'll have you know that an Irish man is never drunk as long as he can hold on to a single blade of grass, and not fall off the edge of the earth. :D

Ooo, an Irish toast. Well done!

Here's to bread for without it we would have no toast.

Also Spanisch ist die einzige Fremdsprache, die Sie klüger werden?

Ich glaube, du bist voller Scheiße.

Forum List

Back