South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley Calls For Confederate Flag To Be Removed: Agree Or Disagree?

Agree Or Disagree With Removing Confederate Flag

• Total voters
South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley says Confederate flag has 'no place' on statehouse ground

What say you?
I say damn ridiculous and pathetic, to say the least.

Why?
Because it harms no one. A flag waving in the wind does no one any harm. It's a part of American history. It's NOT a statement about slavery. Slavery in modern times is all in one's mind. That shit has been over with for way over a hundred years. Is that flag taking food off of someone's table? Is that flag causing anyone financial hardships? Is that flag causing health issues? It's just something that gives people something to piss, bitch, and moan about. It does no one any harm.

Well, most African Americans would disagree 100% with you on that. They do see it as a Government endorsement of what the South did to them. The South lost the war a long long time ago. Probably best to just move on. There's no harm in removing it from Government grounds.
Personally, I couldn't give a rat's ass what they think, or don't think. Hell, people are going to piss and moan about something all the time. The flag is just their bitch today, tomorrow it'll be something else. You're always going to have headlines about someone's complaint. Next year, it may be protests about the wrong books in our schools, or TV commercials that offend someone. People are going to stir shit until it stinks regardless of what anyone does.

Well, you're probably not African American. But you should still care. That flag does signify bloody horror for African Americans. I think it would be wise and just to consider that.

Pandering to the masses.. that's all.....

So you think South Carolina should continue flying the Confederate Flag?
HELL YES, by all means. It harms no one. When is the last time a flag fell and injured someone? All a flag does is wave in the wind.

Are you being serious? Can't tell.
Hell yea, I'm serious. Very serious. Today is Tuesday, and I rarely joke on Tuesdays. Now, tomorrow I may crack a few jokes, but not on a Tuesday.

There's been no reports of anyone being injured by a falling ISIS or Al Qaeda flag either.
Correct. Flags do NOT harm anyone. I agree. Thanks for pointing that out.

Pandering to the masses.. that's all.....

HELL YES, by all means. It harms no one. When is the last time a flag fell and injured someone? All a flag does is wave in the wind.
So...they can put the Nazi flag up too....what the heck, all it does is wave in the wind.

Yeah, sure have a seen a lot of American white folks bitchin & moanin about ISIS and Al Qaeda flags being raised around the world. To my knowledge, no one has been injured by their falling flags either.

Hell yea, I'm serious. Very serious. Today is Tuesday, and I rarely joke on Tuesdays. Now, tomorrow I may crack a few jokes, but not on a Tuesday.

There's been no reports of anyone being injured by a falling ISIS or Al Qaeda flag either.

But lack of flags does harm people, right?

So you won't mind ISIS and Al Qaeda flying their flags here? Ok, as long as you're consistent.

South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley says Confederate flag has 'no place' on statehouse ground

What say you?

Why?
Because it harms no one. A flag waving in the wind does no one any harm. It's a part of American history. It's NOT a statement about slavery. Slavery in modern times is all in one's mind. That shit has been over with for way over a hundred years. Is that flag taking food off of someone's table? Is that flag causing anyone financial hardships? Is that flag causing health issues? It's just something that gives people something to piss, bitch, and moan about. It does no one any harm.

A flag not waiving in the wind does no harm either, by your own logic it shouldn't matter to you.
You're correct. A flag does no one any harm. It's just something that waves in the wind, nothing more.

Charleston-600-LI.jpg

Not necessarily. I see no reason to use that logic, no more than a flag causing anyone harm.

What say you?

Why?

A flag not waiving in the wind does no harm either, by your own logic it shouldn't matter to you.
You're correct. A flag does no one any harm. It's just something that waves in the wind, nothing more.

A flag does mean something. How do you feel about someone burning an American Flag?

What say you?

Why?

So if it doesn't matter to you one way or another why are you here whining?

Why?

Well, most African Americans would disagree 100% with you on that. They do see it as a Government endorsement of what the South did to them. The South lost the war a long long time ago. Probably best to just move on. There's no harm in removing it from Government grounds.
Personally, I couldn't give a rat's ass what they think, or don't think. Hell, people are going to piss and moan about something all the time. The flag is just their bitch today, tomorrow it'll be something else. You're always going to have headlines about someone's complaint. Next year, it may be protests about the wrong books in our schools, or TV commercials that offend someone. People are going to stir shit until it stinks regardless of what anyone does.

Well, you're probably not African American. But you should still care. That flag does signify bloody horror for African Americans. I think it would be wise and just to consider that.
What about the African flag? Didn't their own people sell them to slave traders? Are they protesting the African flag also? What about the skull and cross bone flag that was flown on the ships that brought them here? Are they also protesting that flag? In other words, what doesn't offend them?

Not necessarily. I see no reason to use that logic, no more than a flag causing anyone harm.

Not necessarily? So its possible?

What about the African flag? Didn't their own people sell them to slave traders? Are they protesting the African flag also? What about the skull and cross bone flag that was flown on the ships that brought them here? Are they also protesting that flag? In other words, what doesn't offend them?

What the hell is the "African flag" ?

What state capitol grounds has a skull and cross bones flying over it?

Why?

FYI - I'm NOT whining about a damn thing. And, certainly not about something as harmless as a flag waving in the wind. There're much bigger fish to fry than someone pissing and moaning about a flag waving in the wind, don't you think?

Well, now you're getting there. Flags do mean something. Pretty sure you don't like when people burn American Flags.

Why?

it only signifies that because of the left wing narrative that has been created by the media and hollywood elites. To the vast majority of southerners it signifies nothing more than regional pride.

but having said that, I think it should not fly over any state capital.

FYI - I'm NOT whining about a damn thing. And, certainly not about something as harmless as a flag waving in the wind.

You are. You are here whining about people wanting to take down a flag.

There're much bigger fish to fry than someone pissing and moaning about a flag waving in the wind, don't you think?
If you think so, leave this thread, and go fry those fish.

Forum List

Back