South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley Calls For Confederate Flag To Be Removed: Agree Or Disagree?

Agree Or Disagree With Removing Confederate Flag

• Total voters
Now its certain. You most definitely are debating something.

BTW, how come Nick Saban can't win a Sugar Bowl unless he's wearing purple & gold?
Damn cute ... really .. cute as hell ..... so now we're going to talk college football? Had your fill of the flag thing for today? So, how many coaches have the record Nick has? Care to guess? How many coaches would love to have his record in college football? Care to guess? ........ Ha Ha Ha .............. anything else that you'd like to discuss today?
Well if he's so good how come he can't win a Sugar Bowl?
Ha Ha Ha ....... really? Is he finished? Will he ever coach in another one? Is his career over? Pleeeeeeaseee ............ that's not even a good try ..... can you do better than that? I hope so.

I'm just wondering why, in your opinion, he can't win a Sugar Bowl for the Gumps.
he's not finished yet. he may win several before he retires.

He'll have to. With the rise of the Big 10 it will be impossible for SEC Teams to go all the way any more

(that was a joke).

Some here really can't grasp the awful cruelty the South inflicted on African Americans. They should do some research and get a reality check. The history's there for anyone who dares to research it.

Just take the flag down and move on. It may lead to some much-needed racial healing. Who knows? Give it a shot.
Hey what about the slaves that worked up north? Why single out the south? Have you checked history concerning black slavery in America?

Come on man. Go and seriously research how the Confederacy treated African Americans. If you're human, you'll be shocked and saddened.

slavery existed in the northern states at the same time. The northern slave owners were equal to the southern ones in every way.

There were abuses, serious abuses, murders, lynchings, beatings, etc. But there were also compassionate slave owners who treated their slaves kindly and took care of them. Many refused to leave when they were freed and stayed on as employees. My great grandfather had ex-slaves who became part of the family and are buried in the family cemetary.

Generalizations are rarely accurate, and thats one of the problems in our current social media discussions.

The South shall not rise again. And neither should the Confederate Flag.

the south has already "risen". The southern states are growing while the blue northern states and Cal are losing population, er, working population that is.

the flag is history, and thats where it belongs.

South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley says Confederate flag has 'no place' on statehouse ground

What say you?

South Carolina issue- none of my business really.

Come on. You gotta have an opinion. You wouldn't have visited the thread.

Not much of one.

Nikki Haley's statement was pretty good- she recognized that for descendents of Confederate era South Carolinians the flag had other connotations, but that for descendents of slaves, it had negative connotations- but that the flag had been coopted by racists. I recognize all three as being essentially true.

But I also think it is really an issue for South Carolina to decide and won't lose sleep either way.

Some here really can't grasp the awful cruelty the South inflicted on African Americans. They should do some research and get a reality check. The history's there for anyone who dares to research it.

Just take the flag down and move on. It may lead to some much-needed racial healing. Who knows? Give it a shot.
Hey what about the slaves that worked up north? Why single out the south? Have you checked history concerning black slavery in America?

Come on man. Go and seriously research how the Confederacy treated African Americans. If you're human, you'll be shocked and saddened.

slavery existed in the northern states at the same time. The northern slave owners were equal to the southern ones in every way.

What 'Northern' states?

Delaware- maybe you could call it Northern- and there were very, very few slaves in Delaware. Baltimore, Kentucky and Missouri were all Southern states that didn't secede.

There may have been 'good' slave owners but any slave lived in fear of rape, abuse or even worse being sold away from his or her family. At the time of the Civil War there had been a huge relocation of slaves from the Eastern states to the cotton belt- with slaves being sold away from their families.

I say damn ridiculous and pathetic, to say the least.

Why?
Because it harms no one. A flag waving in the wind does no one any harm. It's a part of American history. It's NOT a statement about slavery. Slavery in modern times is all in one's mind. That shit has been over with for way over a hundred years. Is that flag taking food off of someone's table? Is that flag causing anyone financial hardships? Is that flag causing health issues? It's just something that gives people something to piss, bitch, and moan about. It does no one any harm.

It's manufactured outrage and a diversion

I don't think so. The Confederate Flag is very offensive to African Americans. And i can understand that. It's not a 'manufactured' outrage. It's very real.

There was no "outrage" until some mentally ill kid shot up a church and had a photo of himself holding the flag on the internet. If that hadn't happened the outrage would be directed at another current event.
exactly....look over there...not at the disasters perpped by this Admin unfolding...........

Looks like Haley is winning. And i mean let's be real, who are the folks in South Carolina who oppose this? Pretty sure they're camo-wearing, gun-hoarding, sister-fucking, white redneck weirdos. It's time for the Republican Party to disown racist redneck assholes anyway. Kudos to Haley.

Looks like Haley is winning. And i mean let's be real, who are the folks in South Carolina who oppose this? Pretty sure they're camo-wearing, gun-hoarding, sister-fucking, white redneck weirdos. It's time for the Republican Party to disown racist redneck assholes anyway. Kudos to Haley.
The reason why your elevator never leaves the basement, is because the ignorance has filled the elevator shaft. Think about it.

The reason why your elevator never leaves the basement, is because the ignorance has filled the elevator shaft. Think about it.

:laugh: Ha, are you really from Alabama? Got yer Camo & Ammo there shortdick? Take off the camo and join the human race boy. :)

:laugh: Ha, are you really from Alabama? Got yer Camo & Ammo there shortdick? Take off the camo and join the human race boy. :)

The flag should fly because it has nothing to do with the murders and its a part of the Southern heritage.

The flags a talking point for all the morons on this board who see racists behind every
bush. One wonders what they would focus on looking for racists if there were no flag.

The flag should fly because it has nothing to do with the murders and its a part of the Southern heritage.

The flags a talking point for all the morons on this board who see racists behind every
bush. One wonders what they would focus on looking for racists if there were no flag.

Yeah well, the Nazi Flag was part of the German Heritage. The white camo-wearing sister-fuckers in the South need to start looking at this from an African American perspective. For them, the Confederate Flag is what the Nazi Flag is to Jews. It represents the horrific carnage inflicted on them by the South.

We are now occupied by Isis. That's what this is all about. The same thing. Remove history, rewrite it to reflect the utopia they wish to build. The left is no different than Isis.

We are now occupied by Isis. That's what this is all about. The same thing. Remove history, rewrite it to reflect the utopia they wish to build. The left is no different than Isis.

Nah, the white racist camo-wearing, gun-hoarding, sister-fucking rednecks are much more like ISIS.

Governor Nikki Haley's comment:

“For many people in our state, the flag stands for traditions that are noble,” said Haley. “At the same time for many others in South Carolina, the flag is a deeply offensive symbol of a brutally oppressive past.

“We do not need to declare a winner and a loser here,” recognizing that the debate should continue over whether or not South Carolinians fly the flag in private, “but the statehouse is different,” she said.

“It’s time to move the flag from the Capitol grounds,” she added. “The flag, while an integral part of our past, does not represent the future of our state.”

Forum List

Back