South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley Calls For Confederate Flag To Be Removed: Agree Or Disagree?

Agree Or Disagree With Removing Confederate Flag

• Total voters
Well, most African Americans would disagree 100% with you on that. They do see it as a Government endorsement of what the South did to them. The South lost the war a long long time ago. Probably best to just move on. There's no harm in removing it from Government grounds.
Personally, I couldn't give a rat's ass what they think, or don't think. Hell, people are going to piss and moan about something all the time. The flag is just their bitch today, tomorrow it'll be something else. You're always going to have headlines about someone's complaint. Next year, it may be protests about the wrong books in our schools, or TV commercials that offend someone. People are going to stir shit until it stinks regardless of what anyone does.

Well, you're probably not African American. But you should still care. That flag does signify bloody horror for African Americans. I think it would be wise and just to consider that.

it only signifies that because of the left wing narrative that has been created by the media and hollywood elites. To the vast majority of southerners it signifies nothing more than regional pride.

but having said that, I think it should not fly over any state capital.

Like i said, African Americans strongly disagree. That flag represents horror to them. Think about that for a bit.

I fully understand, but that is the result of indoctrination by the biased media and academia.

I said that I do not think it should fly over any state capital.

No, it's the ugly reality. It's no different than when ISIS or Al Qaeda take over a city and fly their flags. Their flag signifies who's in charge. It represents them. It represents their hate & violence. And that's how African Americans view the Confederate Flag.

South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley says Confederate flag has 'no place' on statehouse ground

What say you?

Until a flag flying somewhere is like this one,

South_Park_Flag_by_prisix.png

it's only as racist as people say it is.

People make the same claim about the US flag flying on foreign countries as are being made about the Confederate flag. Is the US flag racist and a symbol of imperialist aggression because some say so? If not, why is another flag what some say it is while others say it isn't?

Instead of spending so much time talking about flags, talk about actual racism. Not symbolic racism.

Because it harms no one. A flag waving in the wind does no one any harm. It's a part of American history. It's NOT a statement about slavery. Slavery in modern times is all in one's mind. That shit has been over with for way over a hundred years. Is that flag taking food off of someone's table? Is that flag causing anyone financial hardships? Is that flag causing health issues? It's just something that gives people something to piss, bitch, and moan about. It does no one any harm.

A flag not waiving in the wind does no harm either, by your own logic it shouldn't matter to you.
You're correct. A flag does no one any harm. It's just something that waves in the wind, nothing more.

So if it doesn't matter to you one way or another why are you here whining?
FYI - I'm NOT whining about a damn thing. And, certainly not about something as harmless as a flag waving in the wind.

You are. You are here whining about people wanting to take down a flag.

There're much bigger fish to fry than someone pissing and moaning about a flag waving in the wind, don't you think?
If you think so, leave this thread, and go fry those fish.
Again, I'm NOT whining about a damn thing. I'm merely doing as everyone else is doing, and that's expressing my opinion. Now, if you want me to leave this thread, check with one of the mods or the site admin about having me removed. Otherwise, live with it sucka.

A flag not waiving in the wind does no harm either, by your own logic it shouldn't matter to you.
You're correct. A flag does no one any harm. It's just something that waves in the wind, nothing more.

FYI - I'm NOT whining about a damn thing. And, certainly not about something as harmless as a flag waving in the wind.

There're much bigger fish to fry than someone pissing and moaning about a flag waving in the wind, don't you think?
Again, I'm NOT whining about a damn thing. I'm merely doing as everyone else is doing, and that's expressing my opinion. Now, if you want me to leave this thread, check with one of the mods or the site admin about having me removed. Otherwise, live with it sucka.

You opinion seems to be that it doesn't matter one way or another if a flag is flying or not. So its puzzling that you would want to debate an issue you claim is irrelevant.

Pretty sure he'll have a big problem when or if ISIS or Al Qaeda decide to fly their flags here. Flags do mean something. They represent something.
Cute ... real cute ..... very good ....

South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley says Confederate flag has 'no place' on statehouse ground

What say you?

People make the same claim about the US flag flying on foreign countries as are being made about the Confederate flag. Is the US flag racist and a symbol of imperialist aggression because some say so? If not, why is another flag what some say it is while others say it isn't?

Instead of spending so much time talking about flags, talk about actual racism. Not symbolic racism.

The Confederate flag is a symbol of racial oppression because it is the flag of a nation founded upon white supremacy.

History matters.

What say you?

Removing the flag from Government grounds would be a step in the right direction on that.

You opinion seems to be that it doesn't matter one way or another if a flag is flying or not. So its puzzling that you would want to debate an issue you claim is irrelevant.
I'm NOT debating anything. I'm merely stating my opinion as to how damn pathetic and ridiculous it is for people to piss and moan over a flag waving in the wind.

Pretty sure he'll have a big problem when or if ISIS or Al Qaeda decide to fly their flags here. Flags do mean something. They represent something.

I just don't think you truly understand the brutality of the Confederacy towards African Americans. I really don't. They see that flag no differently than those who are forced to view an ISIS or Al Qaeda flag. It represents awful bloody carnage.

What say you?

Removing the flag from Government grounds would be a step in the right direction on that.

Disagreed.

Doing so acknowledges that co-opting a symbol or flag magically makes it whatever whoever co-opted it wants it to mean.

The Torah doesn't prove Christianity because Christians co-opted it and pasted their religious text onto it.

I'm NOT debating anything. I'm merely stating my opinion as to how damn pathetic and ridiculous it is for people to piss and moan over a flag waving in the wind.
You ARE debating something.

What say you?

Disagreed.

Doing so acknowledges that co-opting a symbol or flag magically makes it whatever whoever co-opted it wants it to mean.

The Torah doesn't prove Christianity because Christians co-opted it and pasted their religious text onto it.

So you're cool with the Swastika then?

I just don't think you truly understand the brutality of the Confederacy towards African Americans. I really don't. They see that flag no differently than those who are forced to view an ISIS or Al Qaeda flag. It represents awful bloody carnage.
It's just something else to give someone a cause to piss and moan and cry foul. You can never satisfy some people regardless of what you do. Someone is always going to have something to bitch about and cry foul over.

What say you?

The Confederate flag is a symbol of racial oppression because it is the flag of a nation founded upon white supremacy.

History matters.

By that logic we should burn the Constitution for valueing slaves as just two-thirds that of free men.

Some here really can't grasp the awful cruelty the South inflicted on African Americans. They should do some research and get a reality check. The history's there for anyone who dares to research it.

Just take the flag down and move on. It may lead to some much-needed racial healing. Who knows? Give it a shot.

What say you?

History matters.

By that logic we should burn the Constitution for valueing slaves as just two-thirds that of free men.

It's 3/5's, not 2/3's. And it doesn't mention race, only condition of servitude. If you were a white indentured servant - you also only counted as 3/5. If you were a black free man - you counted as 1. Thus, not a statement of white supremacy.

You ARE debating something.
Nope, wrong. I'm merely responding to the stupid damn comments that I see. Nothing more. No debate involved, just people exchanging opinions.

What say you?

Disagreed.

So you're cool with the Swastika then?

The original ones I am. The one on a field of red is unique to Nazism. I would take notice of it, but ignore it if I saw it somewhere. Not gonna have a hissy fit about it since then when police investigate the arson I'd only be a suspect. ;) Passive-aggressive is our motto. :)

Some here really can't grasp the awful cruelty the South inflicted on African Americans. They should do some research and get a reality check. The history's there for anyone who dares to research it.

Just take the flag down and move on. It may lead to some much-needed racial healing. Who knows? Give it a shot.
Hey what about the slaves that worked up north? Why single out the south? Have you checked history concerning black slavery in America?

It's just something else to give someone a cause to piss and moan and cry foul. You can never satisfy some people regardless of what you do. Someone is always going to have something to bitch about and cry foul over.

Yeah, you're not grasping the ugly reality of what the South did to African Americans. It's like those who deny the Holocaust. Do some research, and i think maybe you'll begin to grasp the horror.

Forum List

Back