South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley Calls For Confederate Flag To Be Removed: Agree Or Disagree?

Agree Or Disagree With Removing Confederate Flag

• Total voters
Where does it end? Everyone is offended by something. Political correctness is destroying this nation.

Not celebrating slavery = political correctness.

You look at that flag and have the typical knee jerk "it represents slavery" reaction. I've studied history and the Civil War, I see something else

The Confederacy was founded on the idea that men were not created equal.

And this way the far left religion is the most dangerous religion on the planet.

Where does it end? Everyone is offended by something. Political correctness is destroying this nation.

You look at that flag and have the typical knee jerk "it represents slavery" reaction. I've studied history and the Civil War, I see something else

Failed history, didn't you?

Says the far left drone!

SassyIrishLass is not far left.

Yes we know you are a far left drone..

K. I'm just repeating the opinions of the right. Not celebrating slavery = PC bullcrap.

Says the far left drone!

SassyIrishLass is not far left.

Yes we know you are a far left drone..

K. I'm just repeating the opinions of the right. Not celebrating slavery = PC bullcrap.

No you are being a far left drone! It is obvious...

If the people of the state wish for it to be removed , then so be it.

Appealing to the PC hysteria is never a good reason to make changes..

Not celebrating slavery = hysteria.

Far left political slavery is still slavery..

Not celebrating slavery = slavery

Far left political slavery is still slavery..

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe it's time for the South to move on? They lost the war a long long time ago. The Confederate Flag is very offensive to many of its Citizens. I mean, think about how an African American must feel seeing it flown on Government grounds? It probably feels like an endorsement of what the South did to African Americans. It's gotta sting a bit. Probably best to take the flag down and move on. I think Haley got it right.

And this way the far left religion is the most dangerous religion on the planet.

Knowing history = "Far left religion"

Our new government is founded upon exactly the opposite idea; its foundations are laid, its corner- stone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery subordination to the superior race is his natural and normal condition.
- Alexander H. Stephens, March 21, 1861
Corner Stone Speech Teaching American History

See? The Confederacy was founded on inequality and slavery. They said so themselves.

Knowing history = "Far left religion"

Our new government is founded upon exactly the opposite idea; its foundations are laid, its corner- stone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery subordination to the superior race is his natural and normal condition.
- Alexander H. Stephens, March 21, 1861
Corner Stone Speech Teaching American History

See? The Confederacy was founded on inequality and slavery. They said so themselves.

Evidently the north didn't think they were equal either, Three Fifths Compromise mean anything to you?

There's no harm in removing the flag from Government grounds. Right now it's seen by African Americans as a South Carolina Government endorsement of what the South did to African Americans. And i can understand that feeling.

South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley says Confederate flag has 'no place' on statehouse ground

What say you?
I say damn ridiculous and pathetic, to say the least.

Why?
Because it harms no one. A flag waving in the wind does no one any harm. It's a part of American history. It's NOT a statement about slavery. Slavery in modern times is all in one's mind. That shit has been over with for way over a hundred years. Is that flag taking food off of someone's table? Is that flag causing anyone financial hardships? Is that flag causing health issues? It's just something that gives people something to piss, bitch, and moan about. It does no one any harm.

Forum List

Back