South Carolina GOP offers Sanford no support

VaYank5150

Gold Member
Aug 3, 2009
Virginia
MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. - Republican legislators fumed Saturday over Gov. Mark Sanford's affair and questionable travel, though they stopped short of trying to force his resignation or impeachment before they return to the Statehouse in January.

Still, the House GOP Caucus that dominates the lower chamber with 73 of the body's 124 members made two things clear — they want Sanford gone and they want to act soon. However, lawmakers are waiting to make any decisions until the state ethics commission finishes its investigation. And starting impeachment proceedings now could require a costly and special session.

In all, 56 members were on hand and not one raised a word to defend Sanford, who shocked state residents by disappearing for five days in June to rendezvous with his Argentine lover. Since then, investigations by The Associated Press and a state senator have prompted state Attorney General Henry McMaster to call for an ethics investigation. The probe has been under way for about a week.
S.C. GOP offers Sanford no support - More politics- msnbc.com

Here's MY question: Where is the SUPPOSED leader of the GOP on this? I have yet to hear him speak on this matter. Heck, I have yet to heaqr him speak on the Ensign matter, either.

MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. - Republican legislators fumed Saturday over Gov. Mark Sanford's affair and questionable travel, though they stopped short of trying to force his resignation or impeachment before they return to the Statehouse in January.

Still, the House GOP Caucus that dominates the lower chamber with 73 of the body's 124 members made two things clear — they want Sanford gone and they want to act soon. However, lawmakers are waiting to make any decisions until the state ethics commission finishes its investigation. And starting impeachment proceedings now could require a costly and special session.

In all, 56 members were on hand and not one raised a word to defend Sanford, who shocked state residents by disappearing for five days in June to rendezvous with his Argentine lover. Since then, investigations by The Associated Press and a state senator have prompted state Attorney General Henry McMaster to call for an ethics investigation. The probe has been under way for about a week.
S.C. GOP offers Sanford no support - More politics- msnbc.com

Here's MY question: Where is the SUPPOSED leader of the GOP on this? I have yet to hear him speak on this matter. Heck, I have yet to heaqr him speak on the Ensign matter, either.

So who is this supposed leader you speak of?

Republicans do not require a leader they require a servant. liberals require a leader because they are servants

Your 3rd grade educated brain simply exudes brilliance.

So who is this supposed leader you speak of?

I would prefer to let this question linger until someone besides myself can muster an answer.

Republicans do not require a leader they require a servant. liberals require a leader because they are servants
John Dean, of Watergate fame, says the opposite ... that cons need an authority figure.
This guy is a republican.

Forum List

Back