Sources: Obama To Propose Heating Aid Cuts

Stop being a god damn alarmist ass. Nobody is freezing to death. There are plenty of charities and other ways to get your heat bill paid.

Plenty, eh? IF there were plenty, and by plenty, I assume you mean enough to cover everyone in need, then why on earth would our government have created such a program that was not needed?

Are you kidding? You think the government never creates unneeded wasteful programs?

For real?

Right now, we are talking about the heating aid program. Can we focus on it for just a minute?

You aren't letting them freeze. They are letting themselves freeze.

Dude shut the hell, why must you retarded far rightwingers always demonize those who need aid as people who self victimize themselves purposely looking for hand outs? Seriously, how many of those people do you actually know or do you make it your every intention to parrot the retarded far right in the GOP?

Why do you on the left keep creating situations where people end up needing aid? Do you make it your every intention to parrot the clueless far left?

Shut the hell up you flaming retard, my stance on this issue has everything to do with my Christian faith and not a damn thing to do with leftwing, liberal politics so kill that damn noise and stop repeating it.

I made a proposition, cut aid to Egypt and Israel, don't cut money from people during one of the worst winters, you nutters really think letting people suffer for the better is ok, how about if you damn boss cut your pay check to such an extent that you can't pay your bills just so that the company can save money, would you agree with that?

I want to make cuts everywhere. Cutting aid to Egypt and Israel will not even Dent the 1.5 Trillion dollar deficit. We are going to have to make hard choices and cuts across the board.

If we do not, there will be nothing left, and nobody will get any help.

So....since the heating aid is less than the aid we give to either Egypt or Israel, your would agree that it is not worth cutting either, right?

Did you read what I said? I said make cuts everywhere. You idea is to pay for the heat bill by cutting aid to Egypt and Israel.

I am saying that is not enough.

Were broke man. If we continue to rack up trillion dollar plus deficits every year. It will be less than 10 years before nobody will lend us money anymore, and the whole house of cards will crash down.

Then who will be there to help people?

Answer, nobody.

Last edited:
I don't give a damn, cut the AID to Egypt and Israel and preserve money so that our people don't damn freeze, a deficit is no reason to try to justify letting people freeze. Politicians are some of Satan's worse angels.

Stop being a god damn alarmist ass. Nobody is freezing to death. There are plenty of charities and other ways to get your heat bill paid.

Plenty, eh? IF there were plenty, and by plenty, I assume you mean enough to cover everyone in need, then why on earth would our government have created such a program that was not needed?

That's easy.

To get more and more people to rely on the government instead of each other.

Are you kidding? You think the government never creates unneeded wasteful programs?

For real?

Right now, we are talking about the heating aid program. Can we focus on it for just a minute?

I was focusing on it. It is an unneeded program. At least where I live, there are State programs, and Church/charities who will give those in need help with their heat bill.

Not Everything needs to be handled by the Federal Government.

Plain and simple.

I want to make cuts everywhere. Cutting aid to Egypt and Israel will not even Dent the 1.5 Trillion dollar deficit. We are going to have to make hard choices and cuts across the board.

So....since the heating aid is less than the aid we give to either Egypt or Israel, you would agree that it is not worth cutting either, right?

Did you read what I said? I said make cuts everywhere. You idea is to pay for the heat bill by cutting aid to Egypt and Israel.

Were broke man. If we continue to rack up trillion dollar plus deficits every year. It will be less than 10 years before nobody will lend us money anymore, and the whole house of cards will crash down.

Answer, nobody.

I agree, cut everywhere. But start cutting aid to people in other countries before you cut aid to people in ours.

For real?

This is a damn strawman and heating aid programs during one of the coldest winters on record is not damn wasteful spending you idiot.

So....since the heating aid is less than the aid we give to either Egypt or Israel, you would agree that it is not worth cutting either, right?

Answer, nobody.

Yeah, we're broke man, we have to let people freeze if need be to save ´money and get the country out of debt, it seems harsh but it must be done, :rolleyes: man be damn real!

For real?

This is a damn strawman and heating aid programs during one of the coldest winters on record is not damn wasteful spending you idiot.

So you have to call names now?

Dude, any program ran by Bureaucrats in DC is full of waste, theft and mismanagement.

Like I said, you are being an alarmist. Unless you care to give us just one example of an American Family freezing to death in their home do to lack of heat.

Ill be waiting for it!

Answer, nobody.

Yeah, we're broke man, we have to let people freeze if need be to save ´money and get the country out of debt, it seems harsh but it must be done, :rolleyes: man be damn real!

Still waiting for even once shred of evidence that anyone is, or will, freeze.

Take your time!

Answer, nobody.

I agree, cut everywhere. But start cutting aid to people in other countries before you cut aid to people in ours.

Actually, I think a better idea would be to eliminate aid to other countries and make cuts here.

The less we owe, the stronger the dollar, the stronger the dollar the more we can buy, the more we can buy, the fewer people that need aid.

I have no real issue with funding to Egypt or Israel... those are long term, strategically vital, expenditures.

I'll tell you what I am surprised about. The US has just agreed $100m to fund further security for the UN building. No other country is contributing.... just us. Explain that one to me.

Get the hell out of here with that nonsense CG, we've been funding Egypt and Israel for a long, long time now and what do we have to show for it? Two attacks on the WTC, the second of which brough the towers down and even greater spending on two wars in Iraq and Afghanistan which has accomplished nothing as far as our nation's security, don't be so damn dense. Our aid to those two countries has reaped us nothing in return.

Answer, nobody.

Hmmm...I am curious....how often do you hear of someone freezing becuase they could not pay for heat?

Sure...we hear the siolated incident of heat being turned off becuase of a snafu and by the time it is rectified, the old man freezes to death.

And yes, we have had homeless freeze to death as they refused to go to a shelter.

But exactly how often do people freeze to death in theiur homes due to no money for heat?

I may be wrong...but if it were a problem, I would think it would be all over the news.....you know..."the big evil oil company froze some poor single mother of 5 and her babies to death"

But for saome reason...the only ones who hear about it are our politicians...and they never have names...it is always..."like that poor old woman in my great state of Nevada"

Answer, nobody.

Hmmm...I am curious....how often do you hear of someone freezing becuase they could not pay for heat?

Sure...we hear the siolated incident of heat being turned off becuase of a snafu and by the time it is rectified, the old man freezes to death.

I asked the same question. Do not expect and answer. He is deliberately being an alarmist, and fear monger. Apparently he learned from Obama, who also excels at alarmist fear mongering rhetoric.

For real?

Dude, any program ran by Bureaucrats in DC is full of waste, theft and mismanagement.

Like I said, you are being an alarmist. Unless you care to give us just one example of an American Family freezing to death in their home do to lack of heat.

Ill be waiting for it!

Answer my damn question, is heating aid during one of the worst winters in the country wasteful or not? Simple yes or no question.

It is next to damn impossible to completely cut out wasteful spending, the plan is to eliminate the most obvious wasteful spending and that which is of no help to our country like aid to Egypt and Israel for example.

Ill be waiting for it!

Answer my damn question, is heating aid during one of the worst winters in the country wasteful or not? Simple yes or no question.

I answered it 3 times now. You just have a problem reading it seems.

Yes it is wasteful when said program is ran by Bureaucrats in DC.

I suggest you dig deep into your debating skills bag and call me an idiot again.

Last edited:
I have no real issue with funding to Egypt or Israel... those are long term, strategically vital, expenditures.

I'll tell you what I am surprised about. The US has just agreed $100m to fund further security for the UN building. No other country is contributing.... just us. Explain that one to me.

Get the hell out of here with that nonsense CG, we've been funding Egypt and Israel for a long, long time now and what do we have to show for it? Two attacks on the WTC, the second of which brough the towers down and even greater spending on two wars in Iraq and Afghanistan which has accomplished nothing as far as our nation's security, don't be so damn dense. Our aid to those two countries has reaped us nothing in return.

You clearly have no knowledge of military strategy.

It is quite difficult to be proactive when and if necessary if you do not have access to a target WHEN NECESSARY from a close border.

You obviously have no idea as to how valuable the Suez Canal is to our national needs.

Thats OK. You are an ideologue. You are all about what is best for everyone without considering the consequences. An idealist if you will.

Hey...I agree it is a great idea to give everyone a million bucks......but I also recognize the consequences will be so severe it will prove to be detrimental to all of the people.

I am a realist. You are an idealist.

Its really funny, I criticize Obama's proposal to cut heating aid to needy people and this is only damn thread out of hundreds where the far right loons actually support Obama on something, I'm really damn surprised, :rolleyes:

BAY CITY, Mich. -- Officials in central Michigan say a 93-year-old man who owed more than $1,000 in unpaid electric bills froze to death inside his home -- where the municipal power company had restricted his use of electricity.

Neighbors and friends of Marvin Schur want answers as to how this could happen.

“Now that we do know it was hypothermia, there’s a whole bunch of feelings that I’ve got going through me,” said Jim Herndon, a neighbor of Schur’s. “There’s anger, for the city and the electrical company.”

Bay City officials said changes are on the way in an attempt to not let another instance like this happen again.

An autopsy determined Schur, 93, died from hypothermia in the home he lived in for years.

Bay City Electric Light and Power sent Schur a shutoff notice through the mail a few weeks ago.

Then crews placed a shutoff notice on his front door. A few days later, Schur was found by neighbors.

Bay City Electric Light and Power, which is owned by the city, said a limiter was placed on Schur’s electrical line.

The device limits the power that reaches a home, and it blows out like a fuse if power consumption rises past a set level.

The manager of Bay City said the limiter was tripped sometime between the time of installation and the discovery of the man's body.

The city manager said city workers keep the limiter on a house for 10 days, then shut off power entirely if the homeowner hasn't paid utility bills or arranged to do so.

A medical examiner who conducted the autopsy on Schur told TV5 and WNEM.com that Schur died a painful death due to the hypothermia.

Dr. Kanu Varani has done hundreds of autopsies, and he said he’d never seen a person die of hypothermia indoors.

A neighbor who lives across the street from Schur is angered that the city didn’t personally notify the elderly man about his utility situation.

Schur’s neighbor, Herndon, said Schur had a utility bill on his kitchen table with a large amount of money clipped to it, with the intention of paying that bill.

Right now the city said the situation is still under investigation. Marvin Schur was a World War II veteran.

A memorial service for him will take place Wednesday at 11:00 a.m. at the Gephart Funeral Home in Bay City.

Just one. Give me a minute

Forum List

Back