Sources: Obama To Propose Heating Aid Cuts

Israel and Egypt aid we should cut, heating home aid, no damn way, I'm not for letting anyone, including my worst enemies, freeze during one of the coldest winters

You aren't letting them freeze. They are letting themselves freeze.

You are all heart, man. ALL heart.....

BTW, that little video you have in your sig is really slowing down the page and making the site stutter. If you could, pleae change it or I will be forced to put you on ignore to restore the system.

Israel and Egypt aid we should cut, heating home aid, no damn way, I'm not for letting anyone, including my worst enemies, freeze during one of the coldest winters

Dude shut the hell, why must you retarded far rightwingers always demonize those who need aid as people who self victimize themselves purposely looking for hand outs? Seriously, how many of those people do you actually know or do you make it your every intention to parrot the retarded far right in the GOP?

I ask the same question, why are both Egypt and Israel more important than our own people?

I have a hunch Obama is throwing the GOP a "bone", which considering this winter's weather, I don't even think they are dumb enough to take. Can you imagine the headlines if even ONE American died after their gas was cut off?

Considering how long this will take to pass and implement. It will be, at least, spring before anyone is affected.

Most excellent observation, TT. With congress it's like watching bunnies trying to screw themselves out of a wet cardboard box and failing. It'll be 100 plus degrees when this passes and then they'll need more air cond.

I have no real issue with funding to Egypt or Israel... those are long term, strategically vital, expenditures.

I'll tell you what I am surprised about. The US has just agreed $100m to fund further security for the UN building. No other country is contributing.... just us. Explain that one to me.

Dude shut the hell, why must you retarded far rightwingers always demonize those who need aid as people who self victimize themselves purposely looking for hand outs? Seriously, how many of those people do you actually know or do you make it your every intention to parrot the retarded far right in the GOP?

I think you are missing the point.

The country is broke. If we don't make cuts, there may not be any money to help keep anyone warm.

And before you wonder off into a "you don't know what it's like" rant.

I do, I have first hand knowledge.

He's only talking about returning to pre-stimulus levels. Spending almost doubled in his first year and now they are looking to re-establish the baseline. I don't love the idea, but it's not like they're emaciating the funding.

This is one of the coldest and harshest winters on record, why even propose those cuts? .

Because unlike you, Obama lives in the real world. Where we spent 1.5 Trillion dollars more than we took in last year alone. He may be a left wing loon, but he can do simple math, and conclude we can not sustain this.

Why can't you?

Sources: Obama To Propose Heating Aid Cuts - Boston News Story - WCVB Boston

I cannot agree with this, this crap shameful, we give more to Egypt and Israel every year, why not cut them out completely and take care of our own? I get the feeling he cares more about trying to keep his job for another 4 years by making this shameful attempt to move to the "center" [he is not].

If we didn't fuck with the free markets and oil production so shamefully, it would probably be cheap enough that subsidizing it wouldn't be necessary.

But then the Grand Poobahs of the Green Cult wouldn't be able to entangle themselves in our lives.

The country is broke. If we don't make cuts, there may not be any money to help keep anyone warm.

I don't give a damn, cut the AID to Egypt and Israel and preserve money so that our people don't damn freeze, a deficit is no reason to try to justify letting people freeze. Politicians are some of Satan's worse angels.

I have no real issue with funding to Egypt or Israel... those are long term, strategically vital, expenditures.

I'll tell you what I am surprised about. The US has just agreed $100m to fund further security for the UN building. No other country is contributing.... just us. Explain that one to me.

What!?

You're friggin kidding me!

so instead of dumping that useless institution, we are upping security?

ohforfuckssake

Why do you on the left keep creating situations where people end up needing aid? Do you make it your every intention to parrot the clueless far left?

I don't give a damn, cut the AID to Egypt and Israel and preserve money so that our people don't damn freeze, a deficit is no reason to try to justify letting people freeze. Politicians are some of Satan's worse angels.

Stop being a god damn alarmist ass. Nobody is freezing to death. There are plenty of charities and other ways to get your heat bill paid.

He's only talking about returning to pre-stimulus levels. Spending almost doubled in his first year and now they are looking to re-establish the baseline. I don't love the idea, but it's not like they're emaciating the funding.

This is one of the coldest and harshest winters on record, why even propose those cuts? .

Because unlike you, Obama lives in the real world. Where we spent 1.5 Trillion dollars more than we took in last year alone. He may be a left wing loon, but he can do simple math, and conclude we can not sustain this.

Why can't you?

I made a proposition, cut aid to Egypt and Israel, don't cut money from people during one of the worst winters, you nutters really think letting people suffer for the better is ok, how about if you damn boss cut your pay check to such an extent that you can't pay your bills just so that the company can save money, would you agree with that?

Why can't you?

I made a proposition, cut aid to Egypt and Israel, don't cut money from people during one of the worst winters, you nutters really think letting people suffer for the better is ok, how about if you damn boss cut your pay check to such an extent that you can't pay your bills just so that the company can save money, would you agree with that?

I want to make cuts everywhere. Cutting aid to Egypt and Israel will not even Dent the 1.5 Trillion dollar deficit. We are going to have to make hard choices and cuts across the board.

If we do not, there will be nothing left, and nobody will get any help.

Stop being a god damn alarmist ass. Nobody is freezing to death. There are plenty of charities and other ways to get your heat bill paid.

Plenty, eh? IF there were plenty, and by plenty, I assume you mean enough to cover everyone in need, then why on earth would our government have created such a program that was not needed?

Our foreign aid accounts for approx 22B a year. So, why do we discriminate against jews and arabs while the rest of the world continues to get their 17 or 18 billion per year? In the grand conspiracy of things we're talking about a quark within an atom.

Take a deep breath.

No one is going to freeze over this. Even if this did pass, it will be warm outside by the time it does, giving the Heating co's months to adjust the costs so that they are not sued for charging more than people can afford.

One of the reasons heating bills are so high, is b/c heating co's know they can get free money from the Fed.

If charities are and were so much the answer to everything instead of the government why are there still poor people struggling? Those rich idiots, most of them but not all of them, are damn stingy and more concerned with getting more money and when they do give they give grudgingly, the Bible says when one gives they should be a cheerful giver, if it isn't cheerful its as good as no good.

Why can't you?

I want to make cuts everywhere. Cutting aid to Egypt and Israel will not even Dent the 1.5 Trillion dollar deficit. We are going to have to make hard choices and cuts across the board.

If we do not, there will be nothing left, and nobody will get any help.

So....since the heating aid is less than the aid we give to either Egypt or Israel, you would agree that it is not worth cutting either, right?

Plenty, eh? IF there were plenty, and by plenty, I assume you mean enough to cover everyone in need, then why on earth would our government have created such a program that was not needed?

Are you kidding? You think the government never creates unneeded wasteful programs?

For real?

Sources: Obama To Propose Heating Aid Cuts - Boston News Story - WCVB Boston

I cannot agree with this, this crap shameful, we give more to Egypt and Israel every year, why not cut them out completely and take care of our own? I get the feeling he cares more about trying to keep his job for another 4 years by making this shameful attempt to move to the "center" [he is not].

The best thing he can do, and Washington as a whole as that goes, is get the hell out of the way, and let the free market deal with itself. The free market regulates itself, and the proof is in the pudding when you consider the industrial revolution, that could never have occurred if you had the ridiculous regulation that we have now back then.
I don't need Obamas help paying my heating bill, but it would be nice if he got the hell out of the way and stopped regulating every aspect of my life and making it more expensive.

Forum List

Back