Sounds like Kent State all over again

Organizers had instructed participants to be peaceful if arrests came, and most were. Many gathered in the center of the park, locking arms, and sang We Shall Overcome until police led them out, one-by-one to waiting buses. Some were dragged out while others left on foot, handcuffed with plastic ties.

Oakland was less peaceful. Police fired tear gas and beanbag rounds as they cleared out the makeshift city Tuesday. After nightfall, protesters gathered at a downtown library and began marching toward City Hall in an attempt to re-establish a presence in the area of the disbanded camp.

They were met by police in riot gear. Officers cleared the area by firing tear gas over a roughly three-hour stretch of evening scuffles.

Police, protesters clash in Atlanta, Oakland

Good for oakland!

Organizers had instructed participants to be peaceful if arrests came, and most were. Many gathered in the center of the park, locking arms, and sang We Shall Overcome until police led them out, one-by-one to waiting buses. Some were dragged out while others left on foot, handcuffed with plastic ties.

Oakland was less peaceful. Police fired tear gas and beanbag rounds as they cleared out the makeshift city Tuesday. After nightfall, protesters gathered at a downtown library and began marching toward City Hall in an attempt to re-establish a presence in the area of the disbanded camp.

They were met by police in riot gear. Officers cleared the area by firing tear gas over a roughly three-hour stretch of evening scuffles.

Good for oakland!

Considering how Oakland P.D. has been painted as trigger happy racist you would think that if they did anything wrong that moonbeam and the feds would be all over them.

Considering how Oakland P.D. has been painted as trigger happy racist you would think that if they did anything wrong that moonbeam and the feds would be all over them.

Let me tell you what i see in the crowds..... knowing what okaland is.

What i see is imports and not oakland residents. I see street people looking for a place to camp and get free food. Those crowds are not Oakland. Its all bull shit.

The OWS should be left alone. Cordon them off to protect the public and leave them be. In Denver the OWS is complaining about the foot of snow they are expecting. As if all they need to save their lives is capitulation. Leave them be.

The OWS should be left alone. Cordon them off to protect the public and leave them be. In Denver the OWS is complaining about the foot of snow they are expecting. As if all they need to save their lives is capitulation. Leave them be.

Really? And what about the rights of the SMALL business owners who they are negativity impacting? What about the rights of the people who want to use the park but cant?

Fuck them.

Really? And what about the rights of the SMALL business owners who they are negativity impacting? What about the rights of the people who want to use the park but cant?

Fuck them.

Yes, our 1st amendment right to assemble in protest is not a right to occupy public space indefinitely...

From the article in the OP:

Businesses and residents near New York's Zuccotti Park, the unofficial headquarters of the movement that began in mid-September, are demanding something be done to discourage the hundreds of protesters from urinating in the street and making noise at all hours.

The fact is those people have a constitutional right to freedom of speech as well as the right to peaceably assemble and petition the government for redress of grievances regardless of their inability to pay for a permit to protest. As far as I’m concerned these actions constitute a de facto violation of those people civil rights.

It’s a shame that the framers of our constitution failed to realize how clever those who would usurp our liberty are and forbid such permit fees.

Last edited:

The fact is those people have a constitutional right to freedom of speech as well as the right to peaceably assemble and petition the government for redress of grievances regardless of their inability to pay for a permit to protest. As far as I’m concerned these actions constitute a de facto violation of those people civil rights.

It’s a shame that the framers of our constitution failed to realize how clever those who would usurp our liberty are and forbid such permit fees.

Psssssssssssssssssttttttttttttttt........... They're not petitioning the government for anything... if they were, they'd be about 225 miles southwest of NYC. And furthermore, pissing, shitting and fornicating in the public square is not a legal right.

Such a dishonest revisionist! Tell me where, in this situation, any of the "protesters" were killed?

Last edited:
Hey, dumb shit, you don't need a permit to speak freely... you need a permit to gather en-masse and take to the streets thus disrupting the rest of society.

Do try and keep up.

Hey scumbag, congratulations, I am surprised somebody with such a severe learning disability like your self is able to type on a computer, you should be proud of such an accomplishment.

Translation: "I don't know what the fuck I am talking about, so therefore I shall call you names"

Thanks again for playing along!

Poor wittle baby gets his wittle feelings hurt when he gets back what he gives, go cry me a river you pussy.

Hey scumbag, congratulations, I am surprised somebody with such a severe learning disability like your self is able to type on a computer, you should be proud of such an accomplishment.

Translation: "I don't know what the fuck I am talking about, so therefore I shall call you names"

Poor wittle baby gets his wittle feelings hurt when he gets back what he gives, go cry me a river you pussy.

My feelings aren't hurt at all..... just calling you out on your inability to EVER successfully debate ANYTHING and how you always resort to childish bullshit... please reference you infantile caricatures of Rush, Hannity & Beck. Kinda says it all.

Was the boston tea party illegal?
Have Executive orders not existed until Obama came into office?

What on Earth do either one of these two things have to do with equating the rioters in Oakland with Kent State? Are you fucking high?

only the fact thats what i have been talking about in this thread moron. Nice punt

Oh, well, I'd suggest you take your points to threads on The Boston Tea Party and Executive Orders respectively.

Let me know how it works out for you.

:eusa_drool:

My feelings aren't hurt at all..... just calling you out on your inability to EVER successfully debate ANYTHING and how you always resort to childish bullshit... please reference you infantile caricatures of Rush, Hannity & Beck. Kinda says it all.

Yet you cry like a bitch when you get back what you give, such a pussy, and now you are upset that my sig image makes fun of your gods and masters.

Yet you cry like a bitch when you get back what you give, such a pussy, and now you are upset that my sig image makes fun of your gods and masters.

Uhm, you're the one who seems a bit unhinged...

:lol:

the right to protest is being taken away in this country

No it isn't. The right to peacefully protest does not include the right to do whatever the fuck you want, wherever the fuck you want and the other 99.9999999999999999999% of the population just have to deal with it for as long as you want to do it.

And you fail to mention the riot gear was in response to the"peaceful" protesters throwing bottles.
Says the police.

yeah...those evil lying union members....you know...the police.
Get a life Ravi...the whole world is not out to fuck you.
Just you are.

Forum List

Back