Obama Campaign Drops The George W. Bush Talking Point

Can Obama abstain from Blaming Bush This Election Cycle?

• Total voters

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
WASHINGTON -- At roughly noon on Tuesday, shortly after Gov. Rick Perry unveiled the tax policy platform for his presidential campaign, President Obama's reelection team offered a response. The Texas Republican and top challenger Mitt Romney wanted to "shift a greater share of taxes away from large corporations and the wealthiest onto the backs of the middle class," the campaign's press secretary, Ben LaBolt, emailed reporters.

It was a customary campaign response: tough-worded, carefully crafted and with a targeted message. Notably, it excluded mention of the most oft-criticized GOP figure of the last decade: former President George W. Bush.

From President Obama's 2008 campaign through the mid-term elections in 2010, the nation's 43rd president has served as a reliable boogeyman. The phrase "Bush's failed economic policies" was ingrained in the political lexicon. The "Bush foreign policy" became synonymous with disastrous adventures overseas. A "return to Bush" was the threat attached to any prospective Republican

It's about fucking time,, but I have my doubts.

He will just say "I inherited" instead of george bush now.

You can see it in the liberal main stream media reporting already. The media has dropped "Bush" and have been pumping the "obama inherited" talking point instead of the "bush failures"

The word "Bush" has been replaced with "I inherited" and "prior administration". Just as "stimulus" has been replaced with "jobs bill".

Jeez, didn't you get the memo?? :lol:

You can see it in the liberal main stream media reporting already. The media has dropped "Bush" and have been pumping the "obama inherited" talking point instead of the "bush failures"

Actually, he didn't "inherit" anything.
Everything was clearly on the table when he chose to run for election.
He won the election. He got what he wanted.
The little fucker needs to start taking responsibility like a man.

and you need to start keeping up w/ the news. :eusa_eh: The financial downturn didn't become a serious issue in the campaign until September, a mere 2 months before the election and eons after the Primaries were done Wahrrior102 :clap2:

and you need to start keeping up w/ the news. :eusa_eh: The financial downturn didn't become a serious issue in the campaign until September, a mere 2 months before the election and eons after the Primaries were done Wahrrior102 :clap2:

Which gave him two whole months to say "I can't do it" "No I can't"

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

That's what he's been saying all along for the most part, and he's not wrong.

He gained control in a really shitty situation with no easy answers.

Bush just put a face to it.

What you don't understand is that there would be only a marginal difference regardless of who won. That's just the way the cards are stacked.

Well, if it was too big of a job to handle, perhaps the boy shouldn't have run for election, eh dumbfuck?

He campaigned on fixing it. He was the one, the only one that could do it!! He wanted the situation, he said so, he still wants it. Funny in almost 3 years I'm in worse shape. It costs me three times as much to do a project as it did in early '09. You know with stimulus stuff and prevailing wage along with 50% raw material increases, especially metals. Yet, if I raise my prices, I don't sell my product.

Yea, it's still got to be Bush's fault.

Well, if it was too big of a job to handle, perhaps the boy shouldn't have run for election, eh dumbfuck?

It was too big of a job for the Spender-in-Chief. He really only wanted to get his hands on as much $ as he could, he isn't interested in fixing anything. He wants the US to fail.

He campaigned on fixing it. He was the one, the only one that could do it!! He wanted the situation, he said so, he still wants it. Funny in almost 3 years I'm in worse shape. It costs me three times as much to do a project as it did in early '09. You know with stimulus stuff and prevailing wage along with 50% raw material increases, especially metals. Yet, if I raise my prices, I don't sell my product.

Yea, it's still got to be Bush's fault.

It was too big of a job for the Spender-in-Chief. He really only wanted to get his hands on as much $ as he could, he isn't interested in fixing anything. He wants the US to fail.

I think this is the horrible truth of the matter.

Yes, Obama does not have to blame the man who the vast majority of Americans blame for the worst Economy since the Great Depression. Why state the obvious when Americans know Bush is to blame, and that Obama has been trying to clean up Bush's mess.

WASHINGTON -- At roughly noon on Tuesday, shortly after Gov. Rick Perry unveiled the tax policy platform for his presidential campaign, President Obama's reelection team offered a response. The Texas Republican and top challenger Mitt Romney wanted to "shift a greater share of taxes away from large corporations and the wealthiest onto the backs of the middle class," the campaign's press secretary, Ben LaBolt, emailed reporters.

It was a customary campaign response: tough-worded, carefully crafted and with a targeted message. Notably, it excluded mention of the most oft-criticized GOP figure of the last decade: former President George W. Bush.

From President Obama's 2008 campaign through the mid-term elections in 2010, the nation's 43rd president has served as a reliable boogeyman. The phrase "Bush's failed economic policies" was ingrained in the political lexicon. The "Bush foreign policy" became synonymous with disastrous adventures overseas. A "return to Bush" was the threat attached to any prospective Republican

What does a comment on the Failed Governor of Texas's tax proposal have to do with Bush?

What does a comment on the Failed Governor of Texas's tax proposal have to do with Bush?
:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Dear God! Obama take personal responsibility?

Seriously?

He's going to run on his record?

:eek:

Forum List

Back