Soooooo why was this shot down?

Can someone please give me an honest answer about what is wrong with this legislation and why it wasn't even allowed to come to a vote?

GOP senators block top Obama jobs initiative - CNN.com

This looks to be a good bill to promote bringing back jobs, private business jobs, to American soil. But the majority of the GOP in the senate blocked it from even being allowed to be voted on. Why?

This screams of partisan politics and again placing priority on blocking anything that the president does as priority #1 even when it comes at the cost of creating American jobs.

So, can someone please explain it to me.

Because it's purely political pandering that the Democrats know has zero chance of passing. The Democrats have been poor on the economy, so they are playing political games to improve their optics. If the Democrats were serious about this, why didn't they pass it in 2009 when they controlled everything?

That's a lot of bills y'all think the Democrats should have passed in the 50 something days the Dems had this "super majority".

Yeah, they did manage to pass a lot of bad bills while they were in charge.

Can someone please give me an honest answer about what is wrong with this legislation and why it wasn't even allowed to come to a vote?

GOP senators block top Obama jobs initiative - CNN.com

This looks to be a good bill to promote bringing back jobs, private business jobs, to American soil. But the majority of the GOP in the senate blocked it from even being allowed to be voted on. Why?

This screams of partisan politics and again placing priority on blocking anything that the president does as priority #1 even when it comes at the cost of creating American jobs.

So, can someone please explain it to me.

Because it's purely political pandering that the Democrats know has zero chance of passing. The Democrats have been poor on the economy, so they are playing political games to improve their optics. If the Democrats were serious about this, why didn't they pass it in 2009 when they controlled everything?

That's a lot of bills y'all think the Democrats should have passed in the 50 something days the Dems had this "super majority".

Oh, I'm sure that in all this hoopla over Romney and Bain, its just purely coincidence the Democrats brought this bill up at this moment. Much better now than when the economy was shedding 800k jobs a month in 09, eh? Purely coincidence.

I'd say they still had a much, much greater chance of passing it with 59 Senators and an 80 seat House majority than 53 Senators and a 50 seat House minority, dontchathink?

Last edited:
69 Million people voted for Obama in 2008. I haven't talked to one of them who has told me, "I made a mistake, I'm voting for Romney this time." Not one.

You should talk to some of the college students who voted for him in 2008.
Massive student loan debt and still no job.

Hey, Chippy, unlike you, having a college degree means they are smart enough to realize that the world-wide economic meltdown isn't Obama's fault.

Again, haven't talked to one who has told me yet they are voting for Romney this time.

Here's a more important factor. The number of votes the Democratic candidate has gotten has increased in every election since 1980. Mondale got more than Carter, Dukakis got more than Mondale, Clinotn got more than Duakakis, and so on.

This is not the case with Republicans, where Bush-41 got less than Reagan and McCain got less than Bush-43. Dole got exactly the same number of votes Bush-41 got the second time- which for those playing along at home was "not enough".

So if anything, Obama will probably get MORE votes in 2012 than he got in 2008.

Meanwhile, Romney's got a bit of a problem. 10% of Republicans and 18% of independents (The folks who voted for McCain last time) will not vote for a member of the Mormon Cult.

A lot of us who supported McCain last time did so because we hated Romney.

No one has blamed him for the worlds economic breakdown. Just his contributions

69 Million people voted for Obama in 2008. I haven't talked to one of them who has told me, "I made a mistake, I'm voting for Romney this time." Not one.

You should talk to some of the college students who voted for him in 2008.
Massive student loan debt and still no job.

Hey, Chippy, unlike you, having a college degree means they are smart enough to realize that the world-wide economic meltdown isn't Obama's fault.

Again, haven't talked to one who has told me yet they are voting for Romney this time.

Here's a more important factor. The number of votes the Democratic candidate has gotten has increased in every election since 1980. Mondale got more than Carter, Dukakis got more than Mondale, Clinotn got more than Duakakis, and so on.

This is not the case with Republicans, where Bush-41 got less than Reagan and McCain got less than Bush-43. Dole got exactly the same number of votes Bush-41 got the second time- which for those playing along at home was "not enough".

So if anything, Obama will probably get MORE votes in 2012 than he got in 2008.

Meanwhile, Romney's got a bit of a problem. 10% of Republicans and 18% of independents (The folks who voted for McCain last time) will not vote for a member of the Mormon Cult.

A lot of us who supported McCain last time did so because we hated Romney.

Hey, Chippy, unlike me, the fact that they voted for Obama in the first place shows me they aren't smart enough to realize anything more than Obama promised Hope & Change and they're still unemployed and deep in debt.
Hopefully enough of them are smart enough to vote against him this time.

Here's a more important factor. The number of votes the Democratic candidate has gotten has increased in every election since 1980.

I always enjoyed this fact, except for Carter's 50.1% of the vote in 1976, after Watergate, the last time a Democrat got more than 50% of the popular vote was 1964, after JFK was killed.
Obama's 52.9% was a fluke. I think this time he'll get less than 50%. Significantly less.
Liberal Democrats just don't do very well. Now that he's been unmasked, "You didn't build it", he'll be lucky to break 47%.
Wow, just wow!

With Romney in the Bully Pulpit, the jobless rate will go down, We can afford gasoline again soon and can have family visits to those far-away US National Parks we pay to upkeep every year, and go on our home budgets, and inflation will be pinned to the wall.

I can feel a good economy coming on exceedingly soon! :)

:woohoo:

<you must spread reputation around before giving some to Toddsterpatriot again> And for Toro's expanding vocabulary: Oh, day-um. :tongue:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back