Soooooo why was this shot down?

RDD_1210

Forms his own opinions
May 13, 2010
Can someone please give me an honest answer about what is wrong with this legislation and why it wasn't even allowed to come to a vote?

GOP senators block top Obama jobs initiative - CNN.com

This looks to be a good bill to promote bringing back jobs, private business jobs, to American soil. But the majority of the GOP in the senate blocked it from even being allowed to be voted on. Why?

This screams of partisan politics and again placing priority on blocking anything that the president does as priority #1 even when it comes at the cost of creating American jobs.

So, can someone please explain it to me.

Most likey there were things in the bill they didn't like,beside Harry has held up his share of bills himself,so what.

We would be way better of if we stopped looking to DC for private sector jobs,they don't have any.

Here's why, their bosses said no:

In a letter to senators this week, the Chamber of Commerce called the bill "misguided" and said it "would hamper American worldwide companies' competitiveness, increase complexity in the Internal Revenue Code, and threaten economic growth."

There is no majority of GOP in the senate. The Dems could have passed it without them. so, it was the Democrats who voted against it that made the bill fail.

Last edited:
I suppose reading the article and understanding tax bills cannot originate in the Senate would be asking too much.

Ok, someone tell me, what is a jobs bill? The government just passes a law and jobs are magically created? What are the details in this bill? We buying off unions? Shipping jobs overseas like the stimulus did? Anyone have a link to this magical bill?

The sole purpose of the bill was to make Republicans look obstructionist. The Senate is not allowed to start a tax bill period.

Dollar to a dog turd Reid loaded it down with a bunch of poison pill amendments, so lolberal bedwetters could mewl about "republican obstructionism".

Double-dealing weasel fuckchops are like that.

Such as? Are you guessing or do you know?

because the GOP hates america. If it was passed, the unemployment rate would drop, causing Obama's approval ratings to soar.

The GOP has been deliberately trying to destroy america at all costs to make Obama look bad.

There is no majority of GOP in the senate. The Dems could have passed it without them. so, it was the Democrats who voted against it that made the bill fail.

You know how I know you didn't bother reading the article?

because the GOP hates america. If it was passed, the unemployment rate would drop, causing Obama's approval ratings to soar.

The GOP has been deliberately trying to destroy america at all costs to make Obama look bad.

I mean, what else could it be? There hasn't been one real response yet that points to anything else. You have people who are giving opinions without any sort of basis and others who didn't even read the article. It has to be more politics of country at work. Your current day GOP hard at work.

Oh I forgot, democrats want to pass bills and THEN find out whats in them, I mean what rational person is against THAT?

Forum List

Back